• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Mountain West Power Rankings Week 10

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as much shifting this week surprisingly

1. Boise State - Actually looked good again as they easily dispersed of Nevada, leading 31-14 at the half to cruise to a 41-14 win. Most surprising is that they turned the ball over on their first pass play after their bye week and haven't turned it over since, a complete 360 of most Harsin teams. They have to keep it up though, Colorado State begins a tricky ending stretch.

2. Wyoming - Wyoming made a come back to take down rival Colorado State 16-13 in an epic snowstorm game as it snowed like crazy in the 2nd half. It was a huge win for Wyoming, despite a head to head loss to Boise State they can still take the division if they win out and Boise State chokes away a couple games. Air Force on the road could be tricky though.

3. Fresno State - They didn't look great but took care of business in beating BYU. Fresno State is now 6-3 and 3rd in these power rankings in year 1 under Tedford, last year they went 1-11 and they were dead last in these. What a remarkable turnaround. Fresno State gets Hawai'i next.

4. San Diego State - They destroyed San Jose State 52-7 like they should, Rashad Penny once again topped 200 yards and overall San Diego State set a school record as they had a ridiculous 554 yards rushing as a team. By the way they only passed the ball 7 times all game, had one passing TD and one incompletion on those 7 attempts. Now they get an actual bye week.

5. Air Force - So much for this team rounding into shape, just when they looked better and looked unstoppable on offense their offense went completely nowhere and they were thoroughly dominated by Army in a 21-0 loss...Army didn't even have to attempt a single pass!! Air Force plays the top two teams in these rankings in the next two weeks, and they take on Utah State to end the year, they need to win two of those to make a bowl...didn't see that one coming.

6. Colorado State - Colorado State led most of the game against Wyoming, but allowed them to make a comeback and steal the win in a driving snowstorm. Colorado State looked so strong to start the year but they have faded to disappointment, division hopes aren't completely dead though but a win over Boise State this week is required.

7. Utah State - Utah State dominated New Mexico in a game they needed to win, it wasn't the most performance offensively but Utah State dominated New Mexico's offense, not giving up a TD til garbage time. Utah State gets a bye week this week and then will host Hawai'i, win there and Utah State is going to a bowl.

8. UNLV - UNLV took care of business to beat Hawai'i 31-23. The crazy thing about UNLV is they looked pathetic losing their opener to Howard and other than a destruction at the hands of Utah State they really haven't looked bad since then. In fact they are 4-5 right now, their last three games are against BYU, New Mexico and Nevada...that is a favorable slate to potentially win 2 out of 3 to make a bowl.

9. Nevada - They were blown out by Boise State coming off the bye week, but they did look strong early. Nevada should be able to pick up a win as they get to host San Jose State. They should finally grab another win there, if they don't then there's trouble.

10. New Mexico - New Mexico's collapse this year has been rather surprising, for years they've managed to field very strong offenses with a great combination of ability to control the ball and also break out big plays. This year for whatever reason their offense has just collapsed, Texas A&M is next, they aren't good but not exactly what the doctor ordered here.

11. Hawai'i - Another disappointing team, after a strong year 1 under Rolovich it seemed like Hawai'i could take another step forward this year, instead they have fallen backwards. Fresno State, Utah State and BYU close out the year, BYU seems to be the only hope to get another win.

12. San Jose State - This team simply sucks very badly, like it is ridiculous how bad this team is. I have basically ripped into them in these rankings for weeks now but it's because they are simply that bad. You want to know just how bad they are?? They play Nevada this week, Nevada is a fellow 1 win team and Nevada is favored by 20.5 points.

Reactions: Eco