• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slauson released

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Fox make a good point this morning. "We are a 6-10 football team. We're trying to get better."

Everyone pissed about Slauson... sure good guy, vet...leader... fellow Cutler supporter... fantastic beard. But he was a player on 8-8, 5-11 & 6-10 teams. And is now 30+
Same with Marshall and Bennett.
They are going with a youth movement and adding speed.

People are pissed off about the team being bad. But then you are still pissed when they release players that played on that bad team?

You are as usually not getting the point. Are you trying to make an argument that losing your best players, those players that you claim would have made a difference if healthy, is now a good thing? Hell, you shit in the general direction of anyone that says anything negative about your boy, but isnt it the exact same situation? Same team, same shitty record? If you are going to blame everyone, then blame everyone. IF one guy is immune, why not your most productive offensive lineman? I mean there was no way to even get you to accept that IF they did not hose Marshall we might have had a receiver last season, now all the weapons are gone, and you know how long it takes for your boy to "trust" new receivers. What are we going to watch, the cutler mariani connection?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are as usually not getting the point. Are you trying to make an argument that losing your best players, those players that you claim would have made a difference if healthy, is now a good thing? Hell, you shit in the general direction of anyone that says anything negative about your boy, but isnt it the exact same situation? Same team, same shitty record? If you are going to blame everyone, then blame everyone. IF one guy is immune, why not your most productive offensive lineman? I mean there was no way to even get you to accept that IF they did not hose Marshall we might have had a receiver last season, now all the weapons are gone, and you know how long it takes for your boy to "trust" new receivers. What are we going to watch, the cutler mariani connection?

Is it even remotely possible for you to understand that John Fox, Vic Fangio, Ryan Pace, the team scouts and everyone else involved in the Bears organization, MIGHT know what they are doing, just a teensy bit more than you do? And is it possible, that you are just a miserable fuck, and will never budge an inch until the day after they win the superbowl, and then you will immediately start bitching about how they are already fucking up a dynasty?

I still say you are a fucking Packers fan.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standard moves AFTER getting who you were targeting in the draft. Did not do many favors for either though, if they were cut before free agency started they both would have gotten a better chance to play somewhere else. There were workout bonuses in each contract that cost some coin by waiting as well. I mean, I get waiting on Rolle, but after signing two or three guards, including Larsen and Ramirez, they could have parted ways with Slausen alot earlier. I dont think the Whitehair pick had alot of impact.

Say what? Of course taking Whitehair was a factor. You don't draft a guard in the 2nd unless you fully expect them to start week 1 (or shortly thereafter). Even if Whitehair gets beat out initially, he'd take a roster spot as a backup, and you only have so much room for guards.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it even remotely possible for you to understand that John Fox, Vic Fangio, Ryan Pace, the team scouts and everyone else involved in the Bears organization, MIGHT know what they are doing, just a teensy bit more than you do? And is it possible, that you are just a miserable fuck, and will never budge an inch until the day after they win the superbowl, and then you will immediately start bitching about how they are already fucking up a dynasty?

I still say you are a fucking Packers fan.

or you could let Joey answer, you know, instead of immediately starting the gang up process as usual. Oh, and stop using the packers fan deal, its really weak, think of something new already. Thats your equivalent of throwing down the mic.

But right now the question is how they handled Slausen. The guys that know EXACTLY what Pace and Fox are thinking, are saying, Slausen was 30, only so much room for guards. Well, why not just cut Ramirez then, if age is an issue, he is fucking 33, never played a snap for the bears. If the quota was full and age is your inside track then might as well have cut the oldest one. Otherwise, there was no reason to hold onto him into this football year.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or you could let Joey answer, you know, instead of immediately starting the gang up process as usual. Oh, and stop using the packers fan deal, its really weak, think of something new already. Thats your equivalent of throwing down the mic.

But right now the question is how they handled Slausen. The guys that know EXACTLY what Pace and Fox are thinking, are saying, Slausen was 30, only so much room for guards. Well, why not just cut Ramirez then, if age is an issue, he is fucking 33, never played a snap for the bears. If the quota was full and age is your inside track then might as well have cut the oldest one. Otherwise, there was no reason to hold onto him into this football year.

Well, there's obviously something they didn't like about Slauson. Let's sop pretending you know wtf you are talking about, or that your opinion means more than those running the Bears. Like YOU somehow know wtf is happening and they don't.

And I'll respond to whatever the fuck I feel like responding to.

Go cry moar about your victimization on here.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know what's fucking weak? Your everything sucks, fuck Jay Cutler and this regime, trading away all our great players, blah, fucking blah.

You are a broken record.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are as usually not getting the point. Are you trying to make an argument that losing your best players, those players that you claim would have made a difference if healthy (When did I ever say this? making shit up again?), is now a good thing? Hell, you shit in the general direction of anyone that says anything negative about your boy, but isnt it the exact same situation? Same team, same shitty record? If you are going to blame everyone, then blame everyone. IF one guy is immune, why not your most productive offensive lineman? (Who's the most productive Olineman? Oh yeah Kyle Long) I mean there was no way to even get you to accept that IF they did not hose Marshall we might have had a receiver last season, (Hose Marshall? Brandon did that shit to himself... and was NOT very productive on the field for Chicago in his last year) now all the weapons are gone, and you know how long it takes for your boy to "trust" new receivers. What are we going to watch, the cutler mariani connection?

AI... you're so funny. You say you don't want this fight and "everyone to gang up on you" but when you say stupid shit...it's gonna happen.
As per usual I didn't say a damn thing about Jay Cutler or the QB position. YOU did. YOU love to bring up Jay.
Best players? I don't think Slauson or Marshall were our best players. Best Olineman- Kyle Long. Best WR Alshon Jeffery. You add age and contract into it and those were expendable players. It was sad to see Forte go, but again age, contract, mileage, and the position itself is relatively easy to replace.

Quarterback isn't something you can just "grab a new one"- I still don't understand your hatred of Cutler? You want a rookie? Want a journeyman? Want to be Cleveland or Chicago of 1994-2009? You willingly want to go back to that? I don't get it. To this day of the Cutler "argument" you have STILL yet to give me a player that is available that would be better. YOU have yet to give me a solution that would make the Bears a winner next year. You just want to bitch about him. That's all you have. Be part of the solution... tell me who's better? I need a NAME... Who? Please tell me...

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AI... you're so funny. You say you don't want this fight and "everyone to gang up on you" but when you say stupid shit...it's gonna happen.
As per usual I didn't say a damn thing about Jay Cutler or the QB position. YOU did. YOU love to bring up Jay.
Best players? I don't think Slauson or Marshall were our best players. Best Olineman- Kyle Long. Best WR Alshon Jeffery. You add age and contract into it and those were expendable players. It was sad to see Forte go, but again age, contract, mileage, and the position itself is relatively easy to replace.

Quarterback isn't something you can just "grab a new one"- I still don't understand your hatred of Cutler? You want a rookie? Want a journeyman? Want to be Cleveland or Chicago of 1994-2009? You willingly want to go back to that? I don't get it. To this day of the Cutler "argument" you have STILL yet to give me a player that is available that would be better. YOU have yet to give me a solution that would make the Bears a winner next year. You just want to bitch about him. That's all you have. Be part of the solution... tell me who's better? I need a NAME... Who? Please tell me...

I brought up your point about competition, if it is such a good thing to have at every position, why not quarterback? It really does not matter what "Journeymen" did in other systems, its how they handle this system. If Hoyer throws at a 90% completion rate, no picks, 5 touchdowns in the preseason, the response will be, its against guys that are going to be bagging groceries when the season starts. I understand you cannot see how the man is coddled here. No competition, submissive backups, maybe thats the reason nobody has gotten his full potential. Everyone is afraid to push him with a real chance of being benched. You brought up the records over the past three years, claim it was all those veterans faults, Marshall, Forte, Slausen, Bennett probably, all these guys that did not do enough. You use the record to show that maybe those guys should not be here, fine. Why stop when you get to the QB? I really dont care what the name is, maybe it is Brian Hoyer. But if Cutler gets hurt, Hoyer leads the team to 5 straight wins, you will be the first one to say its Cutlers job. There is no name because no backup here is not allowed to push the incumbent. I really think we are on the verge of a break thru here Joey, not mine, but yours.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's obviously something they didn't like about Slauson. Let's sop pretending you know wtf you are talking about, or that your opinion means more than those running the Bears. Like YOU somehow know wtf is happening and they don't.

And I'll respond to whatever the fuck I feel like responding to.

Go cry moar about your victimization on here.
Moar? heh heh

If they did not like something about slausen, why not just release him when the signed Larson and Ramirez? Thats all I am asking, not anywhere am I implying I know more than they or Joey do.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought up your point about competition, if it is such a good thing to have at every position, why not quarterback? It really does not matter what "Journeymen" did in other systems, its how they handle this system. If Hoyer throws at a 90% completion rate, no picks, 5 touchdowns in the preseason, the response will be, its against guys that are going to be bagging groceries when the season starts. I understand you cannot see how the man is coddled here. No competition, submissive backups, maybe thats the reason nobody has gotten his full potential. Everyone is afraid to push him with a real chance of being benched. You brought up the records over the past three years, claim it was all those veterans faults, Marshall, Forte, Slausen, Bennett probably, all these guys that did not do enough. You use the record to show that maybe those guys should not be here, fine. Why stop when you get to the QB? I really dont care what the name is, maybe it is Brian Hoyer. But if Cutler gets hurt, Hoyer leads the team to 5 straight wins, you will be the first one to say its Cutlers job. There is no name because no backup here is not allowed to push the incumbent. I really think we are on the verge of a break thru here Joey, not mine, but yours.
IF anyone wants to see what Batshit Crazy looks like...just look ABOVE!
Sooo... a name?

So let me get this straight... in your GM brain...the guy that the team traded for- giving up 2 first round picks and more....but then create a QB competition?
In your GM brain... There are enough QB's around the league for this?
In your GM brain... you would have your starting captain QB with a $120M contract be in a QB competition?
In your GM brain... you "really don't care what the name is" .....As long as it's NOT Jay Cutler. And that's the only thing you have. (and pissing you off is really fun for me- welcome to the internet)
YOU can NEVER simply answer a question can you?
I get it you don't want Jay Cutler. That's clear... who than? Still waiting for that name. GM A.I.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the saying AI, "If you have two quarterbacks, you have none."

Also, you think I spelled "more" wrong don't you? derpa derpa derpa

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all passionate fans, and everyone of us at one time or another has posted reactionary bullshit on here. Most back down from it after cooling down.

As far as why they didn't release Slaus sooner? Who really gives a fuck? I'm assuming it's because they didn't yet have Cody Whitehair on the roster. You know, the 2nd rounder we took in the draft?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me a successful team that is undecided on their QB. :L:L

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupidest part about this Cutler discussion is the failure to acknowledge that EMERY was the one that gave him the huge contract. Literally tying the next regime's hands. There is not a damn thing Pace and Co. can do? You can't eat that contract or trade it. So instead, they are trying to make lemonade from the lemons given. Jay is an above-average QB, with an elite skillset. They recognize that, and are building around it. Eventually, when the timing is right, I assume they will look to draft his replacement. This year, was obviously not that year, for a multitude of reasons, the first and most obvious being, that this was one of the weakest QB classes in some time. I don't care if they got Goff, he would not beat Cutler by day one. Or year one for that matter. Guaranteed.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF anyone wants to see what Batshit Crazy looks like...just look ABOVE!
Sooo... a name?

So let me get this straight... in your GM brain...the guy that the team traded for- giving up 2 first round picks and more....but then create a QB competition?
In your GM brain... There are enough QB's around the league for this?
In your GM brain... you would have your starting captain QB with a $120M contract be in a QB competition?
In your GM brain... you "really don't care what the name is" .....As long as it's NOT Jay Cutler. And that's the only thing you have. (and pissing you off is really fun for me- welcome to the internet)
YOU can NEVER simply answer a question can you?
I get it you don't want Jay Cutler. That's clear... who than? Still waiting for that name. GM A.I.

What name do you want Joey? I said maybe its Brian Hoyer, you want to Chew up Johnny Football? Robert Griffith, those are names that cant play. How about Zach Mettenberger? What does a name have to do with a quarterback competition? Didnt give up shit for McCown and he ran the offense just fine. But that name was not big enough for you, or he wasnt paid enough, or some reason he needed to sit right back down.
I dont want to create a QB competition for the guy they gave up two first round picks for, I want an equal competition for the guys on this team that have not done the job and thus need to be replaced, like you claimed for Slausen, Forte, Marshall, Bennett, possibly every other position. I want a competition for a position that has not gotten us to the playoffs for how many years.

That was an awesome idea, I give you a ton of credit for it, but why stop at QB because he "didnt have the weapons around him"? Blame all the weapons for his decision to hold onto the ball and get sacked, or throw the pick, or sail a throw 5 feet over their head? You blame age on Slausen, QB is immune to age. Look at the history and the great minds that this guy was given and blame the system change for his failure, or that receiver did not jump 7 feet for that ball, that slacker. How about Hester trying to RAC when he was floating in the air jumping for the ball. Look back and honestly say he was never given enough weapons.

Your best excuse is because we traded two first round picks for him? What do you mean by more, (moar?) Kyle fucking Orton? Lets move on already so these bears can play in the post season again.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AI just type spewed nuclear vomit letters all over this thread.

So um Slauson was released... how 'bout that. Go Bears!