• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins interviewing Bevell

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense will not get better until we fix the OL. I got no problem letting Bevell go, but you need a OL for anyone to do better. Fix the OL and watch the offense get much better, regradless of the OC.

I'm on a island with this thought, but Tom Cable is the real problem. As assistant head coach he was promised input on the play calling and the draft, he has done a bad job on both counts.

You might get your wish Harold with Cable,i just posted the Lions are talking to him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I saw it! Crossing my fingers!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about Bevell he is patient,that is what RG3 need's imo,nothing too tricky with Bevell.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks all, Really appreciate all the comments and insight. It's going to be a head scratcher which direction the skins will go. I've learned to expect anything with Snyder at the helm. We are the SB kings of the off season... Unfortunately... Hopefully Danny boy has learned, but my hope is dwindling. :doh:

Good luck down the stretch.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Caliskinsfan! Feel free to drop in any time. I always encourage NFL posters like you who post thoughtful football posts to drop in and add some input.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys also have to know pc tells bevell to run a conservative game......cause he knows his d will do much to win it for us. The worst thing the o can do is turn the ball over

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell's play calling has been poor. He has left to many points off the board when the Defense has put them in great field position, he gets our QB killed and doesn't give him any help with an extra TE or FB to block and I feel his game plan is average at best.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's awful. Sounds like the Redskins are thinking "well he was great with Wilson so he can help RG3", even though they're two entirely different QB's. I know that there's been injuries, but we've responded to them by putting together a lot of pretty awful offensive showings. You really couldn't do worse than we've done at some points this season. Who the hell goes with some stupid spread, empty backfield, out of the gun look on 3rd and short when you have Lynch? It's mind boggling. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason to it.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's awful. Sounds like the Redskins are thinking "well he was great with Wilson so he can help RG3", even though they're two entirely different QB's. I know that there's been injuries, but we've responded to them by putting together a lot of pretty awful offensive showings. You really couldn't do worse than we've done at some points this season. Who the hell goes with some stupid spread, empty backfield, out of the gun look on 3rd and short when you have Lynch? It's mind boggling. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason to it.

that is my biggest gripe with him, it makes absolutely NO FUCKING SENSE. telegraph to the defense that you are throwing, dont make them second guess at all.

the worst part is though that it works probably 10% of the time, yet they continue to do it over and over.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Jim Zorn as the OC. He is great with QB's and got a rough deal in Washington. Zorn as OC and QB coach would be sweet. He really improved Matt's play also Flacco turned into a top QB under Zorn. He had his best seasons under his guidance.

Just a name to think about if Bevell goes. Sure he isn't the young guy to grow with Russell but the thought of PC and Zorn on the Sideline with Smith is a nice thought for me. Energy Energy Energy.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Jim Zorn as the OC. He is great with QB's and got a rough deal in Washington. Zorn as OC and QB coach would be sweet. He really improved Matt's play also Flacco turned into a top QB under Zorn. He had his best seasons under his guidance.

I was just going to post the same thing. I agree.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that is my biggest gripe with him, it makes absolutely NO FUCKING SENSE. telegraph to the defense that you are throwing, dont make them second guess at all.

the worst part is though that it works probably 10% of the time, yet they continue to do it over and over.
Same here. Marshawn Lynch gets 2 extra yards in his sleep. How you don't give him the ball on 3rd and shorts boggles the mind. I gotta think DB is outsmarting himself. Thinking "They know we know they know we know we should run... so we'll go empty backfield.... again" :doh:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call Bevell "awful". Has his play-calling been frustratingly stubborn sometimes? Absolutely. But it's hard for me to call a coordinator whose unit finished in the top 8 in scoring "awful", especially when you consider what he had to work with at times this year. I know I'm not going to change the minds of the folks who've been calling for his job since last season, but I don't personally think that Bevell was or is "awful" at his job.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really cant think of anyone as far as OC out there,i know many of you guys follow college and i do not so maybe we would there?

Get Gruden out of the booth! Doubt it will happen, but he would love game planning with RW.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Gruden out of the booth! Doubt it will happen, but he would love game planning with RW.

I don't think he's going anywhere. Broadcasting games with Tirico has to be a hell of a lot easier on his health, not to mention his family life, than coaching was. If I were in his position, I'd never leave the booth unless I was forced out. Besides, he's already had his dream job and won a championship as a coach with that team. Why go back to that life when you've already done what you set out to do?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's going anywhere. Broadcasting games with Tirico has to be a hell of a lot easier on his health, not to mention his family life, than coaching was. If I were in his position, I'd never leave the booth unless I was forced out. Besides, he's already had his dream job and won a championship as a coach with that team. Why go back to that life when you've already done what you set out to do?

:agree:

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Gruden is making just as much money as he was as a coach. The dude is set

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm less concerned about what these potential hires might do to affect our future, because I'm fully confident that Pete and Schneider will find a good if not better replacement like he did with Dan Quinn.

On the other hand I'm more concerned about how this might affect our coach's planning for our upcoming playoff game. With Bevell, Cable, and Quinn all being pursued by teams, this has to be a bit of a distraction. I'm sure all their hearts are with the Seahawks and to win the Superbowl this year, but if any percentage of their focus is taken away even if it's just 1%...I don't like it.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm less concerned about what these potential hires might do to affect our future, because I'm fully confident that Pete and Schneider will find a good if not better replacement like he did with Dan Quinn.

On the other hand I'm more concerned about how this might affect our coach's planning for our upcoming playoff game. With Bevell, Cable, and Quinn all being pursued by teams, this has to be a bit of a distraction. I'm sure all their hearts are with the Seahawks and to win the Superbowl this year, but if any percentage of their focus is taken away even if it's just 1%...I don't like it.

I was kinda thinking that too but from my understanding the GM agree's to let them talk if other teams wish to speak to the coaches and apparently JS has had no problem with it.
It is upsetting seeing people leave but that is the nature of the beast when you have a team like this other teams want to try what we have started here and there is many new things we have been doing that other NFL have not,yet.

I think we are looking around at in house people maybe it seem's JS and Carroll like to deal with people they know well.