• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins interviewing Bevell

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh no lol i know there is many here that would love to see him go.

Myself i'm kool either way.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be a good fit for RG3. I think he does need a shorter leash before he gets knocked out of the league. Shanahan was running him into the ground.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams just jumping over themselves to grab people from us,we knew it was going to happen though.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a new look though,i am confident that Carroll and Allen will make whatever changes bode well for us,like i said in another thread i do not want to see Schnieder go.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt mind seeing bevell go because sometimes this offense makes me want to punch my tv screen but this entire offense is run by him from the playcalling to the actual plays. I think PC is a defensive minded coach losing our DC to jacksonville wasnt a big deal but if bevell leaves we really need to find a good OC to take on this job.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt mind seeing bevell go because sometimes this offense makes me want to punch my tv screen but this entire offense is run by him from the playcalling to the actual plays. I think PC is a defensive minded coach losing our DC to jacksonville wasnt a big deal but if bevell leaves we really need to find a good OC to take on this job.

We will lose some players coaches etc but what i bet they will look for if Bevell goes is someone that will grow with DangeRuss he is still young,so maybe someone with QB experience.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really cant think of anyone as far as OC out there,i know many of you guys follow college and i do not so maybe we would there?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a few negative comments from Hawks fans regarding Bevell. I realize the offensive output has not been what y'all would want the past few games, but is he getting over criticized for the failures of the Oline and other issues? Is it predictable scheme? I don't see enough of your games to have a good overall sense of his capabilities. Just curious what hawks fans think about his overall performance.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a few negative comments from Hawks fans regarding Bevell. I realize the offensive output has not been what y'all would want the past few games, but is he getting over criticized for the failures of the Oline and other issues? Is it predictable scheme? I don't see enough of your games to have a good overall sense of his capabilities. Just curious what hawks fans think about his overall performance.

Many here believe he was too predictable and waited too long to let Wilson throw more,hindsight imo but i don't like to argue about Bevell tbh i am sure some of the other 12th man will add more.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man bevell really strikes a nerve for some of us doesn't he?

As far as him going to dc. I said it in the other thread, with the way RG3 is and his meddling father good luck coaching this kid. Maybe bevell is a good fit for for the entitled RG3.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know. Theres something to say about consistancy. We complain,,,but lets be honest, we complain about a lot. and will undoubtly complain about his replacement....

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know. Theres something to say about consistancy. We complain,,,but lets be honest, we complain about a lot. and will undoubtly complain about his replacement....

I agree and Bevell is fine by me. His play calling is frustrating At times but he's a smArt coordinator. Some people were t happy that we lost Bradley last off season but I thought Quinn has been an upgrade over him. Who knows maybe Carroll and sneider will bring in an upgrade as well. But ppl will undoubtedly complain.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I hope he takes the job. His play calling has been questionable at best all year. Last year Bradley left and Quinn has done a much better job in his place. No reason to think they can't find a better replacement.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a die-hard Seahawk fan, I hope you don't get Bevel. He is the best O.C. that we've ever seen. It would be a shame if the Redskins stole him from us. If Snyder gets wind of his abilities, the Seahawks would be losing one of the best.

I'm sure that all <AHEM!> <Cough!> <Cough!> of my fellow Seahawks fans share the same feeling.

:whistle:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like many OCs Bevell gets criticized for play calling by many Seahawks fans. Some of us feel that it's hard to judge him when the OL has so many issues. The OL has had a lot of injuries and even with the starters back, they don't seem to be a 100% healthy. Even when healthy the OL has never been great at pass blocking.

I'm OK with Bevell, but yet feel that a change might be good. A new OC with more pull then Bevell has, could be a good thing. The way things are set up now, the OL coach is also assistant head coach and I think that needs to change, because it puts a OC in a strange spot IMO.

I think the debate will continue until we do get a new OC and maybe beyond that.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have hated bevell since we signed him, never understood why they fired the previous guy. the one that was our OC when we scored 41 on NO in the playoffs.

the fact that he STILL calls empty backfield 5 wide on 3rd and short is reason enough to hate him. but he also fails to do anything to make up for our oL weakness, he hardly ever calls screen plays, he doesnt use our TEs very well on the goal line, he almost refuses to run the ball on obvious running downs. i could go on forever about how bad he is.

if we get lucky and some fool team hires him, our offense will be better by default

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have hated bevell since we signed him, never understood why they fired the previous guy. the one that was our OC when we scored 41 on NO in the playoffs.

the fact that he STILL calls empty backfield 5 wide on 3rd and short is reason enough to hate him. but he also fails to do anything to make up for our oL weakness, he hardly ever calls screen plays, he doesnt use our TEs very well on the goal line, he almost refuses to run the ball on obvious running downs. i could go on forever about how bad he is.

if we get lucky and some fool team hires him, our offense will be better by default

The offense will not get better until we fix the OL. I got no problem letting Bevell go, but you need a OL for anyone to do better. Fix the OL and watch the offense get much better, regradless of the OC.

I'm on a island with this thought, but Tom Cable is the real problem. As assistant head coach he was promised input on the play calling and the draft, he has done a bad job on both counts.