• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should we just cut the CFB season to 2 weeks?

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears as if the media already knows who the best teams are so why don't we just start the playoffs today. It's also apparent that CFB teams in general don't get better throughout the season so let's just pick the top four teams after 2 weeks and get ready for next year. We can all watch MASH re-runs the rest of the year. What say you?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this about the perception that the B1G is done as far as playoff consideration goes?

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should expand it to 162 regular season games, then a 64 team playoff. Only way to truly determine the best.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this about the perception that the B1G is done as far as playoff consideration goes?

A little bit...it's just funny how MSU is horrendous now and tOSU shouldn't even field a football team after last weekend. We are 1/6 of the way thru the season and the sky is falling for teams in the B1G but since Florida won 65-0 they're back even though Eastern Michigan couldn't win 5 games with an FCS schedule.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even better to reduce it to only one week. Game of all games is this Thursday: Cougs at Cougs in Provo!

*Disclaimer: in the event that the wrong Cougs win, this message was never posted.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real disappointing loss this last weekend was tOSU. How many of you fuckers actually expected MSU to beat Oregon in Eugene? Purdue is just fucking terrible, everyone I know picked them to lose to CMU or WMU whoever the fuck it was. My point is a W is a W and if how bad you beat an opponent actually meant something the team with the most points for and least points against should be the National Champion. I didn't realize that the playoff committee already had their minds made up, at least that is what the media is trying to influence

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little bit...it's just funny how MSU is horrendous now and tOSU shouldn't even field a football team after last weekend. We are 1/6 of the way thru the season and the sky is falling for teams in the B1G but since Florida won 65-0 they're back even though Eastern Michigan couldn't win 5 games with an FCS schedule.

I don't think MSU is horrendous. I think they are a very good football team that got beat on the road to a team they are totally unfamiliar with.

That said, the B1G is perceived as the worst of the power 5 because of on field results.

I am sure Wisky, Iowa, Nebraska, MSU, and tOSU will look much better when they start playing each other.

The conference proved its worth on the field. And they didn't prove much ooc at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think MSU is horrendous. I think they are a very good football team thatoat on the road to a team they are totally unfamiliar with.

That said, the B1G is perceived as the worst of the power 5 because of on field results.

I am sure Wisky, Iowa, Nebraska, MSU, and tOSU will look much better when they start playing each other.

The conference proved its worth on the field. And they didn't prove much ooc at all.

They've played 2 games. There isn't a team in the nation that has proved anything thus far

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of you fuckers actually expected MSU to beat Oregon in Eugene?

lol a lot more of the talking heads picked MSU to win then I expected. It was a good dream, but DENIED.

Like mamba said though, MSU isn't horrendous and I haven't seen anyone say that.

Someone from the P5 is getting left out no matter how you slice it. After their ooc results, B1G needs a ton of help, and I just don't think they are going to get it this year.

:noidea:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real disappointing loss this last weekend was tOSU. How many of you fuckers actually expected MSU to beat Oregon in Eugene? Purdue is just fucking terrible, everyone I know picked them to lose to CMU or WMU whoever the fuck it was. My point is a W is a W and if how bad you beat an opponent actually meant something the team with the most points for and least points against should be the National Champion. I didn't realize that the playoff committee already had their minds made up, at least that is what the media is trying to influence

Dude, chill. The committee hasn't said a word one.

The reality is your conference's flag bearers got beat.

What else are the pollsters and or committee members supposed to go off of but ooc performances when deciding on a b1g team vs the other 4 conferences?

Do you really not see this?

Wisky, defeated by LSU
MSU defeated by 19 to Oregon
Ohio defeated by 14 @ home to VT

Not to mention the lackluster performances by the next group of b1g teams.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i don't think anybody said MSU is horrendous or that OSU should not field a team.

i think people have pointed out, and correctly i might add, that the big 10 has looked terrible thus far and has very few chances during the remainder of the season to change the perception that the conference, in general, is a dumpster fire.

that is not to say that penn state, or nebraska, or iowa, or someone could run the table and reach the playoff. or even that a ton of teams will lose and somehow big 10 teams with a loss coud sneak back in to the playoff picture.

but it's going to be hard to put in any big 10 team in the playoff without a lot of things falling right for them. if wisconsin runs the table and lsu finishes 8-4, does wisconsin have any business in the playoff? how about if michigan state wins out and oregon doesn't win the pac-12?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've played 2 games. There isn't a team in the nation that has proved anything thus far

You are bitching about the committee.

A one loss PAC > 1 loss b1g

A one loss SEC > 1 loss b1g

A one loss ACC > 1 loss b1g

This can't be argued. Unless the committee is just going to toss darts to decide who plays in final 4.

Like much of us suspected, the b1g is turrble.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oregon proved they are better than michigan state
lsu proved they are better wisconsin
mcneese state proved they are almost as good as nebraska
ball state proved they are almost as good as iowa
virginia tech proved they are better than ohio state
northwestern has proved they are hot garbage
texas a&m proved they are better than south carolina
georgia proved they are better than clemson

need i go on?

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should expand it to 162 regular season games, then a 64 team playoff. Only way to truly determine the best.

And a 7-game finals series, just to be sure.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think anybody said MSU is horrendous or that OSU should not field a team.

i think people have pointed out, and correctly i might add, that the big 10 has looked terrible thus far and has very few chances during the remainder of the season to change the perception that the conference, in general, is a dumpster fire.

that is not to say that penn state, or nebraska, or iowa, or someone could run the table and reach the playoff. or even that a ton of teams will lose and somehow big 10 teams with a loss coud sneak back in to the playoff picture.

but it's going to be hard to put in any big 10 team in the playoff without a lot of things falling right for them. if wisconsin runs the table and lsu finishes 8-4, does wisconsin have any business in the playoff? how about if michigan state wins out and oregon doesn't win the pac-12?

I agree with all of this. But if Oregon doesn't win PAC then the team that does goes over a like record b1g team such as MSU.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the season started, I was with the belief that this year's playoff would consist of 2 SEC teams, Florida State, and the Pac 12 champ.

Nothing that has happened thus far has changed my preseason speculation.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, VaTech proved they are 2 tds better than ohio and Oregon proved they are 19 points better than MSU.

All teams have a long season ahead still. But to say no team has proved anything is reaching pretty hard.

I am sure if Iowa beat the PAC champ Stanford by 19 you wouldn't feel that "there isn't a team in the nation that has proved anything yet"