• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Eagles trade a 1st round pick for Minka Fitzpatrick?

Would you make this deal?

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A 1st + a player

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would make that deal in a second. I would even throw in a depth player or another pick just to get him. I would suspect multiple teams will be looking into this, perhaps the Cowboys?

Dallas, Patriots, Giants, Seattle, and others are interested, so I'm sure that Howie is too.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I’m trying to shake the feeling too. The Eagles have undervalued that position for a long time. But maybe this is another part of showing they are not that eagles team any more.

Also....he’s a bit more than a Safety.

This could very well be the last year or two for Malcolm, so we'd better be interested in Minka. Minka seems like a Malcolm clone. This is a no-brainer.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I've been watching his highlights (both college and rookie season) ... as well as reading up on him from Dolphin message boards (who better to get the scoop from than from fans who watched him every week) and it has just reinforced my position that we need to get this kid! His play recognition is amazing, dude just destroys screen games and takes great angles when chasing down ball carriers. Strong kid as well ... on one play he suplexed the ball carrier and took his team mate (who also was in on the tackle) along for the suplex ride. Malcolm Jenkins is a great comp for Fitzpatrick ... shows a lot of the same traits with regards to strengths and weaknesses. Just like Malcolm his strength is not playing man 2 man outside even though he can play out there if need be. He can stick with receivers just fine due to his speed and athleticism, but he's late on turning his head when going deep which can lead to flags being thrown. He's much better at Safety or covering the slot (as Malcolm does quite often). Also, like Malcolm, he can play LB in certain packages due to his tackling/wrap up skills ... not saying you play him there often, but it just shows his versatility. Overall though I can't think of a more perfect player to take over the Jenkins role than this kid. I'm crossing my fingers that we end up with him! Nick Saban called him one of the smartest DB's he's ever coached ...

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good enough for me! This is a no-brainer, as you and i have said now numerous times. We will never be a position like this to get a stud DB, without getting lucky.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a Fitzpatrick trade will happen after this week's games and Vegas has pegged the Eagles with the 2nd best odds behind the Steelers to be the landing spot.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a Fitzpatrick trade will happen after this week's games and Vegas has pegged the Eagles with the 2nd best odds behind the Steelers to be the landing spot.

Interesting. I did not even think of the Steelers being in this. I’m expecting word to hit sometime Tuesday/Wednesday. Hopefully it will be just like the news on Halloween 2017 when we grabbed Ajayi.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the Steelers would do it. It's generally not in their DNA.

Howie, don't mess around, just do it! He's a perfect fit , using him in the slot, and backing up Malcom or Mcleod if one of them gets hurt. He could eventually replace Malcom, and not have to worry about Malcolm if he doesn't get another contract.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Howie,

If we are going to put out a first rounder for defensive help could you just make sure it’s Fitzpatrick, please?

He’s got more upside I think, and far less baggage than we would get from Ramsey.

Thanks.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Howie! :L

Now, you'd better get Ramsey or a starting DT. :gaah:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers look bad this year and now they have to go the rest of the way without Big Ben ... that 1st rounder they gave up for Fitzpatrick could end up a top 5 pick.

*** Jalen Ramsey could actually be moved today ...

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers look bad this year and now they have to go the rest of the way without Big Ben ... that 1st rounder they gave up for Fitzpatrick could end up a top 5 pick.

*** Jalen Ramsey could actually be moved today ...
I thought the same. I also thought they could have used that pick on a top QB this year. Without Big Ben, they are a top 5 pick team, maybe higher. Dolphins will most likely have the 1st pick.

Wouldn't it be ironic if they have a winless season, and also an undefeated season?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...shit!

I guess go see about Ramsey. I’m just not as high in him. Talented for sure, but I just don’t like some of the other shit.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GUYS, DON'T FORGET TO CAST YOUR VOTE (S)!!

Stop yelling at us ....geez!

I went No, I don't think's he's worth a 1st rounder.
Dolphins are looking for draft picks, they want as many as possible for the next couple of years so someone will come in and over pay for this kid and give them way to many picks.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers get Fins DB Fitzpatrick for 1st-round pick

So basically Steelers and Dolphins exchanged next years 1st for 4th and 2021's 6th for 7th.

It wasn't stockpiling picks happening here (though the value is solid). I am surprised by this. Best I can think is Howie was willing to do something just the same....but our first rounder might be expected to be higher than the Steelers right now. The only other thing I can think is Howie didn't come to the party to play.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop yelling at us ....geez!

I went No, I don't think's he's worth a 1st rounder.
Dolphins are looking for draft picks, they want as many as possible for the next couple of years so someone will come in and over pay for this kid and give them way to many picks.

McNabb, that was last week. I'm not yelling anymore, except I will yell at Howie if he doesn't get Ramsey.
I will trade 2 # 1's if that is what it takes. Ramsey is THE BEST CB in the NFL. He will shutdown any WR in the league - Amari; Julio; AB; Hopkins; OBJ; Michael Thomas; etc. He covers the one side of the field, and it makes everyone else better. I would prefer to trade one 1st and a mid round pick + a player, or more. But, if it takes two # 1s, then I still do it. Period.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too! I doubt any team will trade a good DT without a huge deal, but Ramsey can be had right now for picks.