• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Dodgers go After Robinson Cano next season ?

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silas I say play Guerrero at second and then bring uribe back on a 1 year deal for third next year.

That may well be what happens for next year. Freese or Headley would be upgrades for a couple of years, but acquiring them ONLY makes sense if the Dodgers can pick them up without giving up the Farm.

Who knows what Ned will do. If Stan Kasten isn't paying attention, Ned may pick up some over the hill Vet to play 3B and completely screw up 3B for next year. I'm done with Ned. He needs to go back to S.F. to assist in the demise of the NOW ELIMINATED Giants.

DBacks are now 9 games out in the WC race.

Dodgers magic number to clinch the NL West now stands at 8.

As much as I don't want to see another ex-Giants player, Lincecum would be a much better option in the Rotation than Volquez. Chances of aquiring Lincecum are slim. I can see the Yankees over-paying for Lincecum during the off-season.

We may have to hope that Beckett is over the injury bug and discovers his old form as he is the front runner to land in the 5th spot, absent a trade or other FA signing, next season.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not go after Lincecum? I really am not sold that Beckett and Bills will be ready by spring training and Lee fills a spot. Unless we bring back Nolasco.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not go after Lincecum? I really am not sold that Beckett and Bills will be ready by spring training and Lee fills a spot. Unless we bring back Nolasco.

Like I said, Lincecum would be an upgrade over Volquez. As you point out, Bills and Beckett are coming off some pretty serious physical complications. I think the Dodgers will talk with Lincecum's camp, but Lincecum is either going to sign a one year deal ( which the Dodgers might be interested in) to reestablish his value, or will search for a longer term deal ( like three years ) which I don't think the Dodgers would do. A team desparate like the Yankees for starting pitching may well give Lincecum a longer term deal than the Dodgers would.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, Lincecum would be an upgrade over Volquez. As you point out, Bills and Beckett are coming off some pretty serious physical complications. I think the Dodgers will talk with Lincecum's camp, but Lincecum is either going to sign a one year deal ( which the Dodgers might be interested in) to reestablish his value, or will search for a longer term deal ( like three years ) which I don't think the Dodgers would do. A team desparate like the Yankees for starting pitching may well give Lincecum a longer term deal than the Dodgers would.

At the very least we drive up the price on the Giants!:agree:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freese is arbitration eligible in 2014 and 2015, free agent in 2016. Nice timeline as far as holding a spot until Seager is ready.

I would assume that Guerrero would play 2B. He could play SS and push Ramirez to 3rd, but the report is that he doesn't have the quickness to play SS at the major league level.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freese is arbitration eligible in 2014 and 2015, free agent in 2016. Nice timeline as far as holding a spot until Seager is ready.

I would assume that Guerrero would play 2B. He could play SS and push Ramirez to 3rd, but the report is that he doesn't have the quickness to play SS at the major league level.

I agree, I've also read reports saying he doesn't have an ideal arm for SS either.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Hanley will be our ss once we give him an extension. The biggest question is how long will it take Corey Seager to be ready?

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Hanley will be our ss once we give him an extension. The biggest question is how long will it take Corey Seager to be ready?

I have to believe Hanley will be playing SS next Season and beyond if he is extended. Seager is likely to play 3B when he comes up to the big club.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is what I would think would happen too. Im more concerned at this point about what we will do about third base. Hanley has said he loves it in LA and he wants to stay.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanley aint going nowhere folks & will remain our SS for a while!