• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Dodgers go After Robinson Cano next season ?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we go after him & if so how much should we give him ? he is 30 years old now & his stats are slightly going down just a bit!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Robinson Cano manning 2B for the Dodgers, but, in the long run, the Dodgers are better off without him.

First, he'll cost a ton of money and want a long term deal. The most the Dodgers would offer him is about 5 years and Cano won't take that, and the Dodgers have better uses for the money it'd take to sign Cano.

Second, I'd use the money that would otherwise go the Cano and use it to extend Clayton Kershaw and Hanley Ramirez and continue to build up the farm system and their presence in the international market.

Third, I could live with another year of Mark Ellis at a little over $5 Mil.. The guy can hit well enough and plays a very good second base. He can hold down 2B until the Dodgers either sign a younger guy in the future or perhaps pick up this Alex Guerrero kid we've heard about.

Cano is a good player, but not worth the effort.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Robinson Cano manning 2B for the Dodgers, but, in the long run, the Dodgers are better off without him.

First, he'll cost a ton of money and want a long term deal. The most the Dodgers would offer him is about 5 years and Cano won't take that, and the Dodgers have better uses for the money it'd take to sign Cano.

Second, I'd use the money that would otherwise go the Cano and use it to extend Clayton Kershaw and Hanley Ramirez and continue to build up the farm system and their presence in the international market.

Third, I could live with another year of Mark Ellis at a little over $5 Mil.. The guy can hit well enough and plays a very good second base. He can hold down 2B until the Dodgers either sign a younger guy in the future or perhaps pick up this Alex Guerrero kid we've heard about.

I agree Silas no way i give him more then 5 years we dont want to be like the Angels & the Pujos contract OUCH!!

1905 Giants

History Enthusiast
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like this analysis.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say hell no for various reasons. The only way I would be happy about getting Cano is if he agreed to a 5 year deal which is probably not happening. First Cano wants a 7 to 8 year deal, and I do not want to become the Angels with more crazy contracts in 2 to 3 years. Beckett is off the books after next year, but we are stuck with CC for awhile who has been good now, but he will not always produce at this level and is injury prone. Secondly, we still need to lock down Kershaw and give Hanley an extension. Why not bring Mark Ellis back for one more year?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say hell no for various reasons. The only way I would be happy about getting Cano is if he agreed to a 5 year deal which is probably not happening. First Cano wants a 7 to 8 year deal, and I do not want to become the Angels with more crazy contracts in 2 to 3 years. Beckett is off the books after next year, but we are stuck with CC for awhile who has been good now, but he will not always produce at this level and is injury prone. Secondly, we still need to lock down Kershaw and give Hanley an extension. Why not bring Mark Ellis back for one more year?

We can:laugh3: do the Jino plan Theresa...lets trade for Utley & Cliff Lee get rid of all our farm system ROFL!!!!

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see the need for Cano, we look pretty set, he will cost too much.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh:No twice. Sure up Kershaw forever, extend Hanley, bring up Guerrero for a shot, find another starter for the rotation. Look for a future 3rd baseman. Cap needs to go now and not just next year. We can dominate for years if the Dodgers are smart.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander Guerrero

If he ever signs... what's the deal with that guy? Seems like a mess when I try to put all the scattered reports together.

On Cano - I have no problem going after him as long as the price is right. I'd give him 5/100MM in a heartbeat. I would not give him any longer than that. I also dislike that he will cost the team a first round draft pick.

The Dodgers will need to sign a 2nd a baseman, one way or another this winter. We don't have anyone MLB ready in the minors (Rafael Ynoa....? Nope.) and the pickings are slim. We'll see what happens with Guerrero and whether he's as MLB-ready as some of the reports I've read have lead me to believe.

Outside of Cano and Guerrero.... Ben Zobrist? :lame: The pickings are slim.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll introduce PEDs to your locker room. Bet on it.

blk4x499

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree 100%, shore up Kershaw first. He's the best pitcher in baseball. His contract will be in excess of 200mil after everything is said and done.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Sillas, much rather lock up Kershaw and Hanley.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Zobrist would be a very good acquisition.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Zobrist is a very good player, very underrated

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at it, Zobrist has 2 more option years in 2014/2015 that are very team friendly at 7M

I imagine he'll be staying in Tampa, so there goes that