• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Murray (OU QB) Play Baseball?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s just assume that he could have equal success in football as baseball.

You can play at baseball realistically for 15-25 years as a baseball player if you are fairly good. Football many players are pretty lucky to get a second let alone a third contract.

When you are done with football, your brain is apple sauce and will die 30+ years early.

The pay is higher in baseball over football on the average.

I have no idea why one would choose football over baseball if you are equally as good.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah he should, it's really a no brainer imo.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s just assume that he could have equal success in football as baseball.

You can play at baseball realistically for 15-25 years as a baseball player if you are fairly good. Football many players are pretty lucky to get a second let alone a third contract.

When you are done with football, your brain is apple sauce and will die 30+ years early.

The pay is higher in baseball over football on the average.

I have no idea why one would choose football over baseball if you are equally as good.

Bo Jackson agrees.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray's Choice: Break Baker Mayfield's QB Records or Score MLB Millions?

If the above is true then it's a no brainer that the kid should go to the MLB. 3 to 4 million signing bonus and scouts are saying he could be an all star one day.

Take the money and don't risk injury kid.

Bleacher report is full of shit. He’s not going to be a top 10 or even top 20 pick. Top 40 is as high as I’ve seen any draft experts project him and there’s only been one or so. Also, he has to make this decision solely on the draft signing bonus and not on major league earnings because statistically it’s unlikely that he’ll ever see the majors. He could end up an all star, but imo it’s more likely that he ends up as a fourth outfielder in the major leagues if he ever makes it at all.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher report is full of shit. He’s not going to be a top 10 or even top 20 pick. Top 40 is as high as I’ve seen any draft experts project him and there’s only been one or so. Also, he has to make this decision solely on the draft signing bonus and not on major league earnings because statistically it’s unlikely that he’ll ever see the majors. He could end up an all star, but imo it’s more likely that he ends up as a fourth outfielder in the major leagues if he ever makes it at all.
Aaaand-hes-gone.jpg

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Bleacher is full of shit.

That being said if he can get a signing bonus of 3 to 4 million then he needs to jump on it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Bleacher is full of shit.

That being said if he can get a signing bonus of 3 to 4 million then he needs to jump on it.

Without a doubt. I just don’t see any ways he’s drafted that high. If he goes around 40 which is as high as I’ve seen, you’re looking at a draft slot value of around $1.6 million. Probably not enough to make the jump. I know there is talk of whatever team drafting him possibly allowing him to play football this fall but I don’t know how much stock I put into that.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably too small to go to the NFL as a QB, he needs to run to baseball if they think he really has potential.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, MLB has to try to figure out how much (if any) Murray's upside is if he dedicates to baseball on a full time basis. That could be a crap shoot.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard signing bonus in the 1.5 range. He still should play baseball. But he wants to be the big football star so he'll stay and lose money.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard signing bonus in the 1.5 range. He still should play baseball. But he wants to be the big football star so he'll stay and lose money.
Did wonders for Drew Henson.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great call dumbass. ‍:L

Damn near $5 mil signing bonus. Apparently Oakland is going to let him play football this fall though.

Last edited:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn near $5 mil signing bonus. Apparently Oakland is going to let him play football this fall though.

Best of all worlds.
I think, though, that he will be playing "not to get hurt", if you know what I mean.

Maybe he's good enough to overcome that.
Don't know.

But I'd just go make baseball my profession and say good bye to football.
If he's that good in baseball, just do it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of all worlds.
I think, though, that he will be playing "not to get hurt", if you know what I mean.

Maybe he's good enough to overcome that.
Don't know.

But I'd just go make baseball my profession and say good bye to football.
If he's that good in baseball, just do it.

We’ll see. Another way to look at it is he really wants it that bad and he’ll play his guys out for one season because that’s all he gets.