• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Isaiah Crowell be banned from the NFL?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, heard about this yesterday. Doesn't change a thing about my thinking of him. He is trying to throw money at a problem to make it go away.

he should commit to donating a set amount of time, 100 hours sounds good, working the front desk at Cleveland PD or something along those lines. Walk a couple of days in their shoes and see if his opinion that cops should be murdered doesn't change.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, heard about this yesterday. Doesn't change a thing about my thinking of him. He is trying to throw money at a problem to make it go away.

he should commit to donating a set amount of time, 100 hours sounds good, working the front desk at Cleveland PD or something along those lines. Walk a couple of days in their shoes and see if his opinion that cops should be murdered doesn't change.

yea in reading the amount it is only like $37,000 or something with is minimum contract

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some get it, and some don't. Unfortunately, the ones that don't are a big reason our country is where we are right now...Example, the "freedom of speech" argument, that's fucking sad and has nothing to do with Mr. Crowell's post on his twitter account.

The power of social media is weakening this country. The NFL as one of the most recognizable organizations in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA let alone the world must make a statement here, and fire that sum bitch right now!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns need to step forward and suspend Crowell. That would be the smart thing to do. If they refuse then the NFL needs to step in and dole out a suspension. You can't let something like this just go by the wayside and not respond.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns need to step forward and suspend Crowell. That would be the smart thing to do. If they refuse then the NFL needs to step in and dole out a suspension. You can't let something like this just go by the wayside and not respond.

Suspend Crowell? Yeah, that should fix everything and send the right message. Some just don't get it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CPD was threatening to not do security for Browns games when the story first broke if he wasn't cut. Now they're buddied up because he cut a check, and the Browns are supposed to still punish him?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CPD was threatening to not do security for Browns games when the story first broke if he wasn't cut. Now they're buddied up because he cut a check, and the Browns are supposed to still punish him?
If I was the owner or GM of the Browns, I won't be impressed. In any case, be wise to do something before the NFL decides it should.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was the owner or GM of the Browns, I won't be impressed. In any case, be wise to do something before the NFL decides it should.

There's no pressure on either the NFL or the Browns to do anything. There was at first, but CPD gladly called off the dogs. If they're happy, so are the Browns and the NFL.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no pressure on either the NFL or the Browns to do anything. There was at first, but CPD gladly called off the dogs. If they're happy, so are the Browns and the NFL.
Mmmm we shall see. I'll be disappointed if your theory plays out correctly. Hope the $ amount for the CPD was stupendous and even if it was I'm disappointed in them.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you see wrong with suspending him?

You might want to ask a family member or friend who has a love one that's a police officer, or maybe a grand parent, great grand parent who protected this country in WW2 that question.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So because there is no pressure on them to do what is right, they should just ignore the hatred?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to ask a family member or friend who has a love one that's a police officer, or maybe a grand parent, great grand parent who protected this country in WW2 that question.

OK I think I was wrong here. I was reading your post as being condescending towards suspending him. I am of the belief that all of the people in the public eye that post something derogatory towards either side of this issue should be suspended/demoted but not fired.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because there is no pressure on them to do what is right, they should just ignore the hatred?

I'm not saying what they should or shouldn't do. I'm just saying how it is, in business you only react to leverage or pressure. CPD had the pressure turned up, and let it go. If Browns fans want to petition and put the pressure back on them, good for them. But until then I doubt anything happens.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was the owner of the Browns

Had to alter your comment just to say this...

Jimmy Haslam owns the Browns. He's the genius that thought Johnny Football was worth a 1st round pick. As a lifelong Browns fan I'm telling you never underestimate the stupidity of Haslam.