• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Detroit re-sign Goff this offseason or wait till after next season?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha. So 2019 will forever be the measuring stick of Jared Goff? (Which I believe was his 2nd season in the NFL)

You have been nothing but critical of Goff. He played a GREAT game on Sunday. How did he fold when pressured? Please give me some stats instead of your eye test and neighbor's opinion who happens to be a Lions fan.

He played a great first half for sure.

We already provided you the stats on when he was pressured. 5 times and did nothing

You continue to ignore those stats

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We already provided you the stats on when he was pressured. 5 times and did nothing

I am a little surprised how much resistance there is to the idea Goff is just an average/slightly above average QB.

He has been the definition of a frontrunner in his career. I don't recall this level of aplogisim for Tua, another frontrunner in the AFC with now the longest playoff win drought in the NFL. Got unceremoniously crushed by the Chiefs' defense.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little surprised how much resistance there is to the idea Goff is just an average/slightly above average QB.

He has been the definition of a frontrunner in his career. I don't recall this level of aplogisim for Tua, another frontrunner in the AFC with now the longest playoff win drought in the NFL.

I think Goff can be really good and I think he can stink. He showed that all year this year and throughout his career.

Miami wasn’t winning that game at KC at -4 degrees.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, what happened those 5 times? He had an 80% completion percentage and didn't have any turnovers, and I watched guys drop a few balls, and he threw a few away. What exactly happened those 5 times he was pressured, and why is it considered a mark against him?

I honestly think you expect perfection out of him. He was nearly flawless on Sunday, and it wasn't like the running game was bailing him out. Although they did have a few touchdowns, just not many yards and not many yards per carry.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Goff can be really good and I think he can stink. He showed that all year this year and throughout his career.

Miami wasn’t winning that game at KC at -4 degrees.
Idk, it looked pretty similar to the game in Frankfurt, albeit with Rice progressing more than where he was in the middle of the season. The weather didn't help, but they were getting crushed offensively even if it was 70 degrees, imo. The Chiefs are just better.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk, it looked pretty similar to the game in Frankfurt, albeit with Rice progressing more than where he was in the middle of the season. The weather didn't help, but they were getting crushed offensively even if it was 70 degrees, imo.
Yeah Miami has lost some people on D too. Bet Jalen wishes he stayed with us because we needed him our secondary ain’t good

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Miami has lost some people on D too. Bet Jalen wishes he stayed with us because we needed him our secondary ain’t good
That's probably fair. Definitely some moments they were a little too worried about Kelce and just didn't have the help needed to get after Rice.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what happened those 5 times? He had an 80% completion percentage and didn't have any turnovers, and I watched guys drop a few balls, and he threw a few away. What exactly happened those 5 times he was pressured, and why is it considered a mark against him?

I honestly think you expect perfection out of him. He was nearly flawless on Sunday, and it wasn't like the running game was bailing him out. Although they did have a few touchdowns, just not many yards and not many yards per carry.

Just pointing out what he does when pressured. Good Lord man. That’s his weakness and will be a factor down the stretch.

It was all year
:L

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pointing out what he does when pressured. Good Lord man. That’s his weakness and will be a factor down the stretch.

It was all year
:L

You haven't pointed out anything by saying "he was pressured 5 times on Sunday but did nothing". What exactly does that mean? QB's generally don't have great stats when under pressure.

I'm sure you watched the game as I did. His stats were great, so what did he not do that you think a great QB would have done in his place in those 5 pressure situations?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't pointed out anything by saying "he was pressured 5 times on Sunday but did nothing". What exactly does that mean? QB's generally don't have great stats when under pressure.

I'm sure you watched the game as I did. His stats were great, so what did he not do that you think a great QB would have done in his place in those 5 pressure situations?
My goodness you are special.

Rams managed 5 pressures y Sunday Goff gained zero yards on those plays.

It means this could be a big problem for Goff

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Why do you hate Goff so much”

In 3..2..1

:drool:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go look at his numbers the last two years. Dude has played really, really well.

And remember that unlike the real world, salaries inflate massively from year to year. And the new extension wouldn't kick in until 2025.

The Lions dont need to sign him if they dont want to. He will have plenty of teams like Washington, New England, Pittsburgh, Vegas, Titans, Falcons that would love to solidify their QB position. And that is just the teams that need QB's this offseason.

And its the need for a guy like Goff as to why his contract will be so high. Detroit needs to lose Goff for 6-8 games for the fans to appreciate where the team would be without him much like Cousins being out has made Vikings fans appreciate stability at the most important position in football. Both QB's arent going to be confused with Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes...but their respective teams aren't playoff teams without them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don’t see his career anywhere near average. I would guess he near top 5 in passing yards, TD’s, and completion percentage since 2017. On top of that, he likely quite a bit higher than average in playoff wins in that time period (more of a team thing, but still a worthy stat).
Derek Carr is too except Goff has been on WAY more talented team. Goff is not average but I think like others have said, if you can give him a solid supporting cast and and very solid OL he can be pretty damn good. The Lions have the team around him that is perfect for what he needs...that in itself means you pay the man. He is only 29. If you don't pay him, you are going to have some down years and hope to get lucky with a mid-round QB in the draft or take some time to develop Hooker.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does have the perfect cast for him. Including a hard nosed coach.

I just know what he is. Bring the heat on him and he’s trash
I mean that can be said for a lot of QB's but it is also difficult to find or develop a guy better than Goff.

Easy call to pay him. Do it sooner rather than later.

The Browns were in the same dilemma with Baker but in the final year of his contract he got injured. I honestly think if he doesn't get hurt they probably pay him but who knows.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Carr is too except Goff has been on WAY more talented team. Goff is not average but I think like others have said, if you can give him a solid supporting cast and and very solid OL he can be pretty damn good. The Lions have the team around him that is perfect for what he needs...that in itself means you pay the man. He is only 29. If you don't pay him, you are going to have some down years and hope to get lucky with a mid-round QB in the draft or take some time to develop Hooker.

Yes. He’s complex lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost me at Baker, and a rookie like Stroud.

Comparing this season, what did they do that was significantly better because I can name some things they did worse.
I am taking Stroud over Goff any day of the week over Goff.

Young QB with great mechanics on a rookie contract. Already looks like a veteran. Money matters too.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that can be said for a lot of QB's but it is also difficult to find or develop a guy better than Goff.

Easy call to pay him. Do it sooner rather than later.

The Browns were in the same dilemma with Baker but in the final year of his contract he got injured. I honestly think if he doesn't get hurt they probably pay him but who knows.

Yes but he wears concrete boots in the pocket. Can barely move to escape trouble so he’s at a big disadvantage IF the heat gets to him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isn’t. Rookies sometimes have big years until all the intel comes out on them, and many fade away.

Stroud did not have a statistically better year than Goff. Although I would certainly trade him for Goff in a second.
What you aren't looking at is Stroud has a MUCH higher ceiling and not on the simple fact he is still young and a rookie. He has a stronger arm, he is mobile and he has already shown he can carry a young team to a win. Goff can carry his team too but his ceiling is maxed out, we know what Goff brings to the table. Stroud is still an unknown, that in itself is pretty scary for all opposing teams in the AFC.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but he wears concrete boots in the pocket. Can barely move to escape trouble so he’s at a big disadvantage IF the heat gets to him
That is something you live with and the Lions did a great job of putting pieces around him to help that weakness. One of the best OL's and adding Gibbs. He has a guy you can dump it off to and he can create a 2 yard play into 10 yards. Plus he has a nasty WR corp.