• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shoop says NEAUX to LSU

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he stays at Penn State. He was born in PA and hope he stays home.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging by this:

"Wow..The B1G EAST is gonna be as good as it gets over the next several years. Let's get to work! #WeAre" (sorry don't know how to post tweets directly)

I would hope he wants to compete against the best and in a few years he can leave for a HC position, but the lateral move makes little sense. Both are good teams, but if PSU can turn the corner as many suspect he will get a LOT more fanfare from the schools down the road

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging by this:

"Wow..The B1G EAST is gonna be as good as it gets over the next several years. Let's get to work! #WeAre" (sorry don't know how to post tweets directly)

I would hope he wants to compete against the best and in a few years he can leave for a HC position, but the lateral move makes little sense. Both are good teams, but if PSU can turn the corner as many suspect he will get a LOT more fanfare from the schools down the road

:agree:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your title was very misleading and I added rumor, because that's all it is. Pendergrast, Steele and Stoops are the favorites, Shoop is a fallback plan they have some interest in, but there's already word Stoops has been offered and will decide in next day or 2. Shoop has a lot of family ties here, has not interviewed or even been contacted by LSU at this point. He's a name some writers put on a wish list

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging by this:

Miles is also on the hot seat if has another 8-5, 7-5 type year. As far as HC for shoop down road, there are some guys who are just better indians than chiefs. His first stint as HC was a disaster

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles is also on the hot seat if has another 8-5, 7-5 type year. As far as HC for shoop down road, there are some guys who are just better indians than chiefs. His first stint as HC was a disaster
I wouldn't make any HC judgements based upon a failed first stint. Bill Belichick failed with the Browns and look where he is now...

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't make any HC judgements based upon a failed first stint. Bill Belichick failed with the Browns and look where he is now...

one was 36-44 in the NFL with a playoff appearance, one was 7-23 at a college job.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now reading that he will take an interview?

Trying to not panic

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now reading that he will take an interview?

Trying to not panic

Here's the deal, his agent is having him mentioned with every opening trying to leverage a raise from PSU. However, LSU is one that I think he'd seriously consider if the money was right. That said, it would not be because PSU didn't step up to plate. They have apparently offered him a deal that would make him one of top 5 paid assistants in all of college football. So, unless he's a truly greedy man and 100k or so makes that much of a difference in his life as opposed to being hme and close to his family, then he'll go. Co-DC and Assistant HC Pry would be named DC and there is word that Lavar (I'd believe it when I see it) may come on staff, which would be a recruiting nightmare for anyone who works the DMV. Either way, pry is a great coach as well and actually turned down an HC job at Georgia State to come with Franklin and has also been co-DC with Shoop for last 4 years or so. I'd hate to lose shoop, mainly from a stability standpoint, but its not like we are taking a big downgrade with pry

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodnight to that rumor and damn if they didn't have fun with it

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoop not Geauxing anywhere. Our defense is gonna be filthy for years. Probably our weakest recruiter, but best xs and os guy

Apparently its a 3 year deal at around 1 mil per. PSU is back to playing big boy football again.

Last edited by a moderator: