• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherman vs Peterson who's better?

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson will be a good corner but he would be an elite free safety he would be the best in the league if he moved to that position.

Peterson is not built to be a safety and can't hit like I would want from a guy at that position. His pure athleticism could make him a force but he is not your pro typical type of safety.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think that Sherman is a better CB but you could make a case that Patrick Peterson has more value due to his ability returning punts.

Not to mention I love Sherman but I feel like his big mouth stops him from getting the recognition he deserves as a player.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is the better CB, by far. Sherman also played WR in college and was a damn good one.

Peterson gets burned a lot, and thats with his 4.3 speed.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is the better CB, by far. Sherman also played WR in college and was a damn good one.

Juice just a FYI. On the surface your post may look innocent, but anyone who knows your history on ESPN Card board knows your trying to pick up where you left off with Cakes. Your counting on the mods not knowing the details. Bad move, because from what I've seen they seem very well versed on ESPN trolls.

Also "that dude goldenspur" you know, the guy that restricted your account. He's now a Supermod.

Not hating on you, just giving you a heads up. From now on you need to stay off of other teams boards and keep your posts to the 49er board or the general board. Your on thin ice and it's melting.

By the way I got a kick out of you supporting a Seahawk player.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juice just a FYI. On the surface your post may look innocent, but anyone who knows your history on ESPN Card board knows your trying to pick up where you left off with Cakes. Your counting on the mods not knowing the details. Bad move, because from what I've seen they seem very well versed on ESPN trolls.

Also "that dude goldenspur" you know, the guy that restricted your account. He's now a Supermod.

Not hating on you, just giving you a heads up. From now on you need to stay off of other teams boards and keep your posts to the 49er board or the general board. Your on thin ice and it's melting.

Did that guy become a supermod by finding all the dragon balls or did he have to level up and evolve into his new form? Legitimate question!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The statistics of both players prove that Sherman has a slight edge on Peterson at this point in his career. The only people who would tell you there is an exponential difference between the two players are either homers or trolls. Which one are you?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Peterson.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did that guy become a supermod by finding all the dragon balls or did he have to level up and evolve into his new form? Legitimate question!

I believe its a glowing green ring that chooses you, you don't choose it.

ryan_reynolds_as_the_green_lantern_ring.jpg

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The statistics of both players prove that Sherman has a slight edge on Peterson at this point in his career. The only people who would tell you there is an exponential difference between the two players are either homers or trolls. Which one are you?

Your not clear on that point? Damn I got be more to the point I guess. He's a hardcore troll.:lol:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is the best shutdown corner in the league right now. End of story. Revis could regain the throne this year, but we'll see. Peterson could be there too, but we'll see how 2013 goes.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not clear on that point? Damn I got be more to the point I guess. He's a hardcore troll.:lol:[/QUOTE/]

Since I have never personally dealt with this particular bridge-dweller, I will have to take you at your word. I am always willing to give people a second chance! Maybe he changed his stripes since coming over to this board?!?! :rollseyes:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being 4th in punt return yardage isn't a very honest stat to use...that's more a function of the # of punt returns he had, which I think was the most in the NFL? (51). His avg was 8.4 yards and he had 0 TDs. His longest return was a mere 26 yards. I don't expect him to replicate his amazing rookie stats, but considering his talent...I do expect more than what we saw last year. It was pretty unimpressive.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how well peterson returns punts and thats an advantage for him HOWEVER who cares I want a corner that can play the position and I think sherman is a better man to man coverage player than peterson. desean jackson and percy harvin are good receivers that can return punts but i wouldnt take them over larry fitzgerald or andre johnson

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must have really impressed you when the Cards beat the Pats!

This has nothing to do with my team. I think Peterson is the better corner, and as an added bonus he is a bigger threat with the football in his hands. Both are good at what they do but Peterson is my choice.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just saying the truth.

You painted a bad picture of me with Goldenspur, he's always on me and restricted my account for no damn reason. I asked him something on the General board and he just suspended my account. Stupid.

By the way, don't be telling me where I can post, I think GS already covered that with me.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman gives the outside and shows his gumby like hips. He can flip either direction and no way a QB
throws over the top of him, so Harvin better try to break inside but Sherm has position. This is consistently how Sherman rolls and why he's an outstanding man to man press cover cb. His CB technique should be used in CB training.

Did someone say Gumby like Hips? :laugh3:.... Heck, add double jointed arms to boot.
I bet Peterson can't do this! Entertainment value.:pop2::pop2::pop2::pop2::pop2:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ-U-rpd5a8"]RICHARD SHERMAN - DANCING at Bing Training Camp 7/28/2013 - YouTube[/ame]

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how well peterson returns punts and thats an advantage for him HOWEVER who cares I want a corner that can play the position and I think sherman is a better man to man coverage player than peterson. desean jackson and percy harvin are good receivers that can return punts but i wouldnt take them over larry fitzgerald or andre johnson

Excellent point. But I think the gap between Fitz and Jackson or Harvin is bigger than the one between Sherman and Peterson. Plus I think Peterson will get better. Sherman is at his best now. Which is pretty freaking good. I do think he is the best cover corner in football right now. I think his mouth hurts him a little, but in the grand scheme of things, who cares. I would rather have an arrogant blow hard than a guy that can't stay out of trouble. I personally wouldn't trade Peterson for Sherman, but outside of Peterson, Fitz, and maybe Daryl Washington, There isn't any other 2 players on the Cardinals that I wouldn't trade for Sherman.