• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shazam! (2019)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finally saw this movie...

Overall I liked it...

But it was more of a kids movie than I was expecting, and I was expecting it to be a kids movie....

My biggest complaint though
I didn't like how he needed the shazam family to help him in his first Superhero experience, he needed to do it himself... especially because if they do another justice league, the family isn't involved only he is... and they didn't show whether the main shazam is any different in power from his new family...

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be funny if he said "Shazam!" and turned into Gomer Pyle?

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finally saw this movie...

Overall I liked it...

But it was more of a kids movie than I was expecting, and I was expecting it to be a kids movie....

My biggest complaint though
I didn't like how he needed the shazam family to help him in his first Superhero experience, he needed to do it himself... especially because if they do another justice league, the family isn't involved only he is... and they didn't show whether the main shazam is any different in power from his new family...

I'm not completely sure, but the way I understood it, each member of the Shazam family had one power. The little sister was very fast, one brother was very strong and the other could fly.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit late on this, but seen the movie yesterday. Worth the watch. I'm not big into the comic book shit, but the movie was entertaining. I wouldn't have shut it off halfway or anything. Had some good humor in it. Needed a hot chick in it.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice rant, Shazam isn't winning no rewards in writing that is for sure. But to say it was just saying no and being picked on, doesn't equate to be a good villain. Could simply be wrong, what we have known in reality, is that most of the worst people to walk this earth, it started with kids being psychology and physically abused. Writers wanted you to know he had a terrible support system as a kid and dealt with these types of abuse, but on a PG level without going in further detail. His lust for power is the same lust for power that the average politician pursues. Our kids asses in the work place.

Just noticed this lol.

"doesn't equate to be a good villain" - that is what I was saying, the villain was awful.

I understand that many distrubed individuals are psychologically warped due to something in their childhood, but I don't believe that to be equitable to this villain. The villain wanted to destroy everything. Psychos often have repressed feelings and that thing that makes them a psycho is their way of relieving those repressed feelings hence why many receive some form of satisfaction from it. But I think we are getting too deep in this lol.

I agree that his emotional support system sucked, but that doesn't explain why the obsession or the need for destruction beyond his own family.

I wouldn't equate his lust for power the same as a politicians, but being perfectly honest, I have not seen the movie since my original post on this, so I will say that my opinion is subject to change on a second viewing. The family wants to redbox it too, might do that this weekend and get a follow-up viewing.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Battlelyon

So I just watched it again annnnnnd I noticed even more wrong with it a second time. I do not like this movie. But that is me.

I will say when I watch it, I get a feeling like it has the right people and the direction is tolerable, but the writing is AWFUL and that is a huge part of where my problem lies.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched this last week. I didn't really hate it but didn't think it was anything special either, though to be fair, it wasn't really geared towards me to start with. I'd give it 2.5 out of 5 stars.