• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aquaman 2: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2023)

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Gunn isn’t the dude to revive it. They had all of the pieces to salvage it. DC had the perfect Superman, WW, AM, Cyborg, Harley Quinn etc. Individually the characters are popular but the writing sucked and them doing BvS way too early killed it.

BvS was terrible

And the original source material was crap

Sorry not sorry

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those people, particularly the trinity, were great but were just wasted in terrible movies. Now after 4 embarrassing post-COVID flops in a row, the DCEU is just dead and they are forced to reboot, and the actors are just too old for a new universe (Affleck is over 50, Cavill is 40 while Gadot is close to that).

I think that they are repeating some of the same mistakes by going immediately with a Superman movie. They should be patient and first rebuild some goodwill through smaller projects like Peacemaker before bringing out the big guns.

The only one Of those that was good casting was cavil

It was also the best movie

He’ll be missed the most

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one Of those that was good casting was cavil

It was also the best movie

He’ll be missed the most

Ben Affleck was a great batman, wasted by terrible writing.

Bruce running through the destruction of Metropolis, the Bat-Nightmare scene and the warehouse scene are among the greatest Batman scenes ever recorded.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BvS was terrible

And the original source material was crap

Sorry not sorry
I said BvS sucked. I think the material eventually could’ve worked out. But the DCEU is at a massive disadvantage compared to the MCU because every casual person knows who Batman and Superman are. They should’ve built up the rest of the universe before even thinking about a BvS. Now it is basically dead, no one is going to want to start the whole EU over. They essentially have what Peacemaker?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those people, particularly the trinity, were great but were just wasted in terrible movies. Now after 4 embarrassing post-COVID flops in a row, the DCEU is just dead and they are forced to reboot, and the actors are just too old for a new universe (Affleck is over 50, Cavill is 40 while Gadot is close to that).

I think that they are repeating some of the same mistakes by going immediately with a Superman movie. They should be patient and first rebuild some goodwill through smaller projects like Peacemaker before bringing out the big guns.
100% agree that they were wasted characters, which is why I think it is silly saying Gunn is going to fix or even semi right the ship.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said BvS sucked. I think the material eventually could’ve worked out. But the DCEU is at a massive disadvantage compared to the MCU because every casual person knows who Batman and Superman are. They should’ve built up the rest of the universe before even thinking about a BvS. Now it is basically dead, no one is going to want to start the whole EU over. They essentially have what Peacemaker?

The reason they pushed Superman was because they had been trying to make that movie for basically 2 decades

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree to a certain extent

I mean it’s not like most people didn’t know iron man Spider-Man or captain America (or even the hulk)

But those 3 are iconic

You’re right they should’ve started smaller

Maybe they can keep aquaman as part of this

Although keeping herd in the movie is a bad move

Gunn taking an early L

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gunn has nothing to do with this movie.

I don’t know that. He’s been around long enough that he could be

This is a bad look by dc

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know that. He’s been around long enough that he could be

This is a bad look by dc
This is the last of the old DCEU so everything after this will be 100% him but he has nothing to do with this one.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the last of the old DCEU so everything after this will be 100% him but he has nothing to do with this one.

A shame since they crushed casting for this one and superman

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer: :party:

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer looks like a lot fun, similar to the first one.

They basically erased Mera from the promo, just one frame of her.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poster:

pf6ibl8sv8ob1.jpg

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Variety: "Aquaman Flooded with Drama"

TLDR version:

Amber Heard originally beat out Abbey Lee Kershaw for the role of Mera. Jason Momoa was late to work and drunk on set, dressed like Johnny Depp, and tried to get Amber Heard fired, which Warner Bros. was originally willing to do until Elon Musk threatened the studio to make them keep Amber Heard. The film performed horribly in test screenings, forcing lots of reshoots.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Variety: "Aquaman Flooded with Drama"

TLDR version:

Amber Heard originally beat out Abbey Lee Kershaw for the role of Mera. Jason Momoa was late to work and drunk on set, dressed like Johnny Depp, and tried to get Amber Heard fired, which Warner Bros. was originally willing to do until Elon Musk threatened the studio to make them keep Amber Heard. The film performed horribly in test screenings, forcing lots of reshoots.

No one should’ve had to try to get fired

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brothers poster:

pinaemyxk50c1.jpg

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last movie of the DCEU came out yesterday, and most of the world didn't even notice. The critic reviews are bad, and the movie is bombing at the box office, just like the 7 DCEU movies before it.

But I went to see it!

And the final, very last scene of the DCEU:

Someone enjoying a cockroach sandwich.

Something, something, metaphor for the franchise as a whole, etc., etc.

:lol:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last movie of the DCEU came out yesterday, and most of the world didn't even notice. The critic reviews are bad, and the movie is bombing at the box office, just like the 7 DCEU movies before it.

But I went to see it!

And the final, very last scene of the DCEU:

Someone enjoying a cockroach sandwich.

Something, something, metaphor for the franchise as a whole, etc., etc.

:lol:

I know this was in talks to be made before DCEU announced the reboot... but movies like this are the problem... Aquaman may be one of the main Justice league Members... but he is known to most comic book people as one of the more boring superheroes...

He is not Batman, Superman or wonder woman... and doesnt have the storylines that other top end DC superheroes, or even the interesting origins of lesser heroes...

one movie is enough for aquaman... problem is when you get an actor that you have to dedicate so much to, you need to give him more than one film to his own...

if both DC and Marvel just expanded their universes instead of oversaturating the market with their established characters they would be doing so much better...

a good Green Lantern movie would be appreciated... how about a hawkman and hawkgirl movie.... How about a green Martian movie...

Point is there is so many options... but they just keep on throwing stale things...

I was happy to see a blue beetle movie... and appreciated that one... more than most...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this was in talks to be made before DCEU announced the reboot... but movies like this are the problem... Aquaman may be one of the main Justice league Members... but he is known to most comic book people as one of the more boring superheroes...

He is not Batman, Superman or wonder woman... and doesnt have the storylines that other top end DC superheroes, or even the interesting origins of lesser heroes...

one movie is enough for aquaman... problem is when you get an actor that you have to dedicate so much to, you need to give him more than one film to his own...

if both DC and Marvel just expanded their universes instead of oversaturating the market with their established characters they would be doing so much better...

a good Green Lantern movie would be appreciated... how about a hawkman and hawkgirl movie.... How about a green Martian movie...

Point is there is so many options... but they just keep on throwing stale things...

I was happy to see a blue beetle movie... and appreciated that one... more than most...

I’m fine with them trying to fix aquaman

Mamoa did a good job trying to do that

I think the dceu just lost too much steam for this to matter as much as it should’ve

The first one did fine iirc and movies in general have been down for the most part

Dceu was just a mess despite some really good casting (cavil and mamoa in particular)