• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seven Gators suspended for Michigan opener

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Mac is losing control by the looks of it.
It doesn't surprise me. the University, in choosing to not do anything other than asking for their money back, has taught all of these players that because they are football players, they can get away with this sort of crime.

I don't think it should come as a surprise to anyone that when bad behavior come with no or minimal consequences, the bad behavior will continue.

I don't know. Maybe they didn't have air conditiners.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't surprise me. the University, in choosing to not do anything other than asking for their money back, has taught all of these players that because they re football players, they can get away with this sort of crime.

I don't think it should come as a surprise to anyone that when bad behavior come with no or minimal consequences, the bad behavior will continue.

I don't know. Maybe they didn't have air conditiners.

They're suspended for the season opener. Which is more than Bama did for a DUI. I'd put DUI over credit card fraud any day of the week in terms of "which crime is worse" but hey.. that's just me

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're suspended for the season opener. Which is more than Bama did for a DUI. I'd put DUI over credit card fraud any day of the week in terms of "which crime is worse" but hey.. that's just me
Huh. I wasn't aware it was a race . . .

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh. I wasn't aware it was a race . . .

Well you're condemning the university for not taking the punishment severely enough. So let's put it up against another crime, that was committed in the same general time frame, and see who got the more severe punishment.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's clearly, exactly what it is. Lack of institutional control. Every college program should model themselves after Washington.
Agreed.

KFUXWHBKPHUMNHD.20140911144939.jpg

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you're condemning the university for not taking the punishment severely enough. So let's put it up against another crime, that was committed in the same general time frame, and see who got the more severe punishment.
So the measure should be severity?

Perhaps I'm expecting too much, but I would think that effectiveness at correcting the behavior might be a more useful measure. Florida has clearly not been very effective.

I know this has been debated ad nauseum in the DaShawn Hand thread. But I think the bottom line is that irrespective of how it affects the football program, you have to send the kid(s) a message that gets them to stop engaging in self-destructive behavior. This is especially important when you consider that every single coach promises the recruits parents that their sons will be looked after away from home. Imagine the betrayal you would feel if you trusted a program to guide your son's growth into adulthood, only to have him come out having had self-destructive behavior enabled by a program that cares only about the product they put on the field on Saturdays.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the measure should be severity?

Perhaps I'm expecting too much, but I would think that effectiveness at correcting the behavior might be a more useful measure. Florida has clearly not been very effective.

I know this has been debated ad nauseum in the DaShawn Hand thread. But I think the bottom line is that irrespective of how it affects the football program, you have to send the kid(s) a message that gets them to stop engaging in self-destructive behavior. This is especially important when you consider that every single coach promises the recruits parents that their sons will be looked after away from home. Imagine the betrayal you would feel if you trusted a program to guide your son's growth into adulthood, only to have him come out having had self-destructive behavior enabled by a program that cares only about the product they put on the field on Saturdays.

Alright, then I ask you.. what would be more effective? These kids can't make money, their full time "job" is football. So where are they going to get the money to pay back the university? Idk the kids involved personally, but I'm assuming they aren't all from the best situations and some can't just ask mommy and daddy for a check to pay back the money. Kicking them out of school does nothing. I think between the one game suspension and the requirement to pay back the school is a pretty solid punishment overall.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, then I ask you.. what would be more effective? These kids can't make money, their full time "job" is football. So where are they going to get the money to pay back the university? Idk the kids involved personally, but I'm assuming they aren't all from the best situations and some can't just ask mommy and daddy for a check to pay back the money. Kicking them out of school does nothing. I think between the one game suspension and the requirement to pay back the school is a pretty solid punishment overall.
If they pulled that shit at Washington they'd be fvcking gone in a NYC second. Don't be making excuses for the shit scum programs they run in that part of the country.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they pulled that shit at Washington they'd be fvcking gone in a NYC second. Don't be making excuses for the shit scum programs they run in that part of the country.

Yes, I thoroughly enjoy defending the Gators. You're actually as dumb as you come across, aren't you?

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA should step in and revoke amatuer athlete status. Fucking crooks.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I thoroughly enjoy defending the Gators. You're actually as dumb as you come across, aren't you?
Florida, Florida St. and Miami all have a long history of fvktardry when it comes to recruiting thugs.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right... because Washington has never been put on probation..
Washington was put on probation because a booster gave a $50,000 loan to a player. Once again, if those players pulled that shit while at Washington their asses would be told to go kick rocks.