• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Patriotic Diamondbacks vs. Communist Scum

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of. If Gibby pulls him after let's say the 2nd inning, he still has to have his bullpen pitch an extra 4 innings. Who knows how that goes down.

He only pitched 2.1 innings. He had to bring in someone in the 3rd anyways. The only difference is he waited for McCarthy to give up 3 in that inning first.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops, my bad, I was looking at Leake's stats for a sec there. Yeah, you guys are right. Still though, taking a pitcher out that early is always a disaster, regardless. More often than not, the pitcher settles down after a couple bad innings. You almost have to get burned by keeping him in there rather than pull him after 2 innings and waste 7 innings on your bullpen. Hindsight's always 20/20. But really, you have to leave him in. I put all the blame on McCarthy. He definitely screwed you.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep thinking back to those games against the Giants right after the all star break. Remember how Bochy was managing like it was the end of the world if they lost a game. If he saw a pitcher struggling he would pull him fast and bring in the next guy, it showed lots of urgency.

I haven't seen Gibby show any urgency this year.

Towers and gibby are practically the same person! They share this nonchalant, type B, "wait and see what happens" mentality! Any decent manager would have had McCarthy on a leash after the first two innings but gibby sat back and expected different results for a similar situation. He has to be on the hot seat for his bone-head managerial techniques!

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibby has faced similar situations all season (starting pitcher struggling after 1 or 2 innings) and continues to make the same mistake is pretty much every instance. We've probably lost at least 7 games in which Gibby was unprepared to pull a struggling pitcher.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Towers and gibby are practically the same person! They share this nonchalant, type B, "wait and see what happens" mentality! Any decent manager would have had McCarthy on a leash after the first two innings but gibby sat back and expected different results for a similar situation. He has to be on the hot seat for his bone-head managerial techniques!

He won't be put on the hot seat because Towers and the local media love to jump all over his dick.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im demoralized :(.

Ill see you people tomorrow. I was gonna update my minors thread with every thing not on there while I moved but now I don't wanna think of this team.

See you people tomorrow.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im demoralized :(.

Ill see you people tomorrow. I was gonna update my minors thread with every thing not on there while I moved but now I don't wanna think of this team.

See you people tomorrow.

Did you move back to Seattle?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose tomorrow at least the torture will end... then we won't have anymore false hope. It seems like this team just waits to start winning until they look like they are going to fade away and that's what's been so frustrating about this team this year. We should easily be 12-14 games above .500 right now.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy is the new Kennedy. Every start from him is a guaranteed loss. Hes a sure bet to give up at least 5 runs.

BACKSfromAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 956.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, didn't realize the game is on ESPN, Missed 4 innings on TV, was watching on VIP

Cahill doing VERY WELL through 4, impressed! (SO FAR)

BACKSfromAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 956.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not on ESPN...

Game is on MLBN, channel 152 if you have Dish Network or 1305 for Cox

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, didn't realize the game is on ESPN, Missed 4 innings on TV, was watching on VIP

Cahill doing VERY WELL through 4, impressed! (SO FAR)

Cahill did amazing, its too bad our offense saw this and said "Well, I guess this means we can't score runs".