• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1990 MLB Draft Playoff Game 5

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea where this came from. I actually liked you posting stats, you posting the stats before is what made me think about adding stats to our team posts. The reason it's three is to keep people from writing a book for each player.

Funny thing, I posted my tactics and you bashed it saying we might as well not draft pitchers but I can't say anything in response to yours. I'll remember that for future posts.

So, maybe I'm the one misunderstanding everything, I'm going on like 3 hours sleep the last 3 days. Moving really sucks!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, maybe I'm the one misunderstanding everything, I'm going on like 3 hours sleep the last 3 days. Moving really sucks!

I meant no disrespect by anything I said. Just sharing my opinions and too be honest I love baseball and probably don't know as much as I think I do but I do have strong opinions so maybe I do come off as an ahole from time to time. (No comments you bastards)

Moving does blow, done it twice the last 6 years.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it the other way around. All time great pitchers make all time great hitters their bitches :lol: j/k. But still, it's not like a batter will always hit a pitcher just because he's seen him a lot. If a pitcher makes his pitches, no batter will do much to him.

I'm not saying that a great line up can't hit a great pitcher, just that it doesn't just go without saying. I mean, Rickey Henderson is considered a great hitter, but he hit only .115 against Randy Johnson (I use that because he saw Randy 89 times in his career). Barry Bonds hit .306 (second highest of anyone who saw Randy 60 or more times). It's not just as easy as saying, hey this line up is awesome, so it doesn't matter who's throwing the ball, cause then there's no reason to even draft pitchers.

Great points... I felt/feel the same, however when you look at a 7 game series you face the same batters with less than your best pitchers... When I looked at them in line by themselves pitching was were I looked first... However once we lined up teams with the mind set of a series, I could get a feel on how the batters would start to get into a rhythm and when picturing that it seems in a 7 game series you would then have to give the slight edge in the team with the better overall offense... That's just my thoughts, which don't count for much... What sucks most about this matchup for me is I had to really heavily on the 3 stats and you weren't really able to pick the 3 you wanted... I could have looked up each player like I used to, but I felt as the rules were in place it would be most fair to go off the 3 stats provided...

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I said that and i'll leave the Hoop forever in disgrace...

why didn't you highlight where you are rubbed? lol...the post was just in fun actually, but if I wanted to work to go back and find you saying "great pitching beats great hitting", I would be shocked if it would take long, many people state it at some point in these drafts, but I really don't want to go find it.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like team ten in this one. Both good rotations, but I give ten a slight edge in every matchup...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why didn't you highlight where you are rubbed? lol...the post was just in fun actually, but if I wanted to work to go back and find you saying "great pitching beats great hitting", I would be shocked if it would take long, many people state it at some point in these drafts, but I really don't want to go find it.

You could search every post I've ever made here or on cBS and you would never find me saying that.

If you could put together a team of pitchers like some have on this and face an actual team that would be an advantage but put those same pitchers against a team of the greatest players of the generation and I find it hard to believe any pitcher could go through these lineups two and three times without getting slapped around.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CLOSED