• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC East path is set

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the UGa loss, and the USCe win over the hapless Gators, this is how it shakes out.

- Missouri has to win out to go to Atlanta. If they lose 1 or 2, USCe goes to Atlanta.

With @Ole Miss and TAMU at home, it's going to be tough. If they win out, they deserve to be there.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two winnable, but tough games. Both can score pretty well and Ole Miss has the better defense out of the two opponents left. They will deserve it it they beat them both for sure.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, I'm glad it won't be Georgia again.

Missouri can have it, for all I care.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes for a compelling final 2 games for Mizzou. We have the 'return of James Franklin' game and we have the 'Johnny Football trying to win the Heisman' game

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes for a compelling final 2 games for Mizzou. We have the 'return of James Franklin' game and we have the 'Johnny Football trying to win the Heisman' game
I agree ... going to be fun watching those games.

As for USCe dude above, are you serious? Do you know how hard it is to get to Atlanta? Yes, you do. I think you are the favorite to get there ... so pull for it, dude.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting to Atlanta would have a great impact on recruiting, for one thing. We're always in a battle with UGA for players in that area.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting to Atlanta would have a great impact on recruiting, for one thing. We're always in a battle with UGA for players in that area.
9 times out of 10 the hay is the barn by then some maybe holding their decision but they know. High school juniors maybe but memories are short.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for USCe dude above, are you serious? Do you know how hard it is to get to Atlanta? Yes, you do. I think you are the favorite to get there ... so pull for it, dude.

Why should I? To get ass-blasted by Alabama? I'd rather not go into the bowl selections with a third loss.

I get that being in the SECCG could help recruiting, but so will a more high-profile bowl game. We have a better chance of going to the Sugar Bowl if we haven't been slaughtered in Atlanta.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 times out of 10 the hay is the barn by then some maybe holding their decision but they know. High school juniors maybe but memories are short.

I think it goes more to establishing that we can not just win games, but win the SECE -> more of a long-term consideration, especially taking into account that UGA came out on top the last 2 years.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should I? To get ass-blasted by Alabama? I'd rather not go into the bowl selections with a third loss.

I get that being in the SECCG could help recruiting, but so will a more high-profile bowl game. We have a better chance of going to the Sugar Bowl if we haven't been slaughtered in Atlanta.

Bold: that's not a given. I think the spread would open around 7.5. We will def pose some problems for 'Bama, if it comes to that.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't have a chance to get to the Sugar Bowl ... that will team will come out of the West.

Why not go and try and beat Bama. As bad as we are, I was hoping we would go until we lost tonight. I would always want the opportunity to win the SEC.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold: that's not a given. I think the spread would open around 7.5. We will def pose some problems for 'Bama, if it comes to that.
Atta boy Spur ... that's the way it should be. Play your best game and see what happens.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have a chance to get to the Sugar Bowl ... that will team will come out of the West.

I'm not sure about that.

I think a 10-2 Carolina looks just as attractive as a 10-2 Auburn, assuming the Tigers lose the Iron Bowl. A&M can only finish 10-2 at best, and possibly 8-4 if they lose to both Mizzou and LSU. If those three all have the same record, then Carolina would be ranked higher since Auburn would drop after the Bama game, and Carolina would rise after beating Clemson.

It could happen.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know we beat bama in Columbia when they were #1, and it would take another type of effort similar to that...but after watching this team struggle to put away Florida, Vandy, Kentucky, and then LOSE to UT and UGA, I just don't think we're in the same class as the Tide.

Now, the POSITIVE spin on all these close games is: these are the types of contests we always used to lose. We NEVER came back when we were down. After the Missouri game, and now coming back tonight after being down 14-6 at half, those are good signs that this team never quits and makes adjustments. We used to fold up when a team got a lead on us, or stormed back from a deficit.

Just want someone, anyone, to explain the UT game.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about that.

I think a 10-2 Carolina looks just as attractive as a 10-2 Auburn, assuming the Tigers lose the Iron Bowl. A&M can only finish 10-2 at best, and possibly 8-4 if they lose to both Mizzou and LSU. If those three all have the same record, then Carolina would be ranked higher since Auburn would drop after the Bama game, and Carolina would rise after beating Clemson.

It could happen.
You and I are wired differently. I would much rather play for the SEC title than hope not to get there so as to get a better bowl game. But, to each his own.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we beat bama in Columbia when they were #1, and it would take another type of effort similar to that...but after watching this team struggle to put away Florida, Vandy, Kentucky, and then LOSE to UT and UGA, I just don't think we're in the same class as the Tide.

Now, the POSITIVE spin on all these close games is: these are the types of contests we always used to lose. We NEVER came back when we were down. After the Missouri game, and now coming back tonight after being down 14-6 at half, those are good signs that this team never quits and makes adjustments. We used to fold up when a team got a lead on us, or stormed back from a deficit.

Just want someone, anyone, to explain the UT game.
I've got nothing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I are wired differently. I would much rather play for the SEC title than hope not to get there so as to get a better bowl game. But, to each his own.
This. You're not going to get a better bowl game than the ability to take down Bama. Or Auburn...but really, Bama

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just want someone, anyone, to explain the UT game.[/QUOTE]

:noidea:

y2ktors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the UGa loss, and the USCe win over the hapless Gators, this is how it shakes out.

- Missouri has to win out to go to Atlanta. If they lose 1 or 2, USCe goes to Atlanta.

With @Ole Miss and TAMU at home, it's going to be tough. If they win out, they deserve to be there.

Sadly, I do not believe that they'll win both games.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mizzou plays like they have played all season with James Franklin at QB, we will win out and I expect mizzou to win out