• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals

Who wins this game? Cardinals are favored.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is correct, but are there really people who post on NFL message boards who don't have NFLN???

I don't even have a TV service.... just Internet. Pretty easy to find movies and streams of things you want to watch these days..... hell most kids are growing up with YouTube, Twitch, etc. Pay for NFL Network? LOL Puhlease... what are you 80?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta get Homer and Dallas in there a bit more though. Walker has been a phenom, but I don't like him carrying nearly 30 a game against a tough defense..... I don't want to break the new toy..... I know Homer is coming back from an injury, but he had a couple good runs.....
I think Homer is best for ST (he can make a play here and there, but it seems like a gentle breeze knocks him back), but I think Dallas has some real value as a 3rd down back. Definitely agree it's great to have another runner or 2 to help manage the load on the workhorse.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even have a TV service.... just Internet. Pretty easy to find movies and streams of things you want to watch these days..... hell most kids are growing up with YouTube, Twitch, etc. Pay for NFL Network? LOL Puhlease... what are you 80?
Haha well, I think YouTube TV is fantastic. I'm at the point in my life now where I am enjoying the hard work I put in as a younger man, so it's no big deal to pay for a good service like that. Now if I was 25 and living paycheck to paycheck, maybe a different story.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha well, I think YouTube TV is fantastic. I'm at the point in my life now where I am enjoying the hard work I put in as a younger man, so it's no big deal to pay for a good service like that. Now if I was 25 and living paycheck to paycheck, maybe a different story.

YouTube TV is pretty good... I like you can cancel it whenever you want with no termination penalty like Comshit does. My parents when they visit still like to watch TV so I sub to it whenever they are over.... but that's not often.

I just got to a point where I rarely watch anything on a TV service... and movies, shows, etc.... I can find it pretty easily on various sites with all the ads cut out and a quick click of a mouse button. Really just zero reason to pay for that crap anymore. I haven't turned on my TV in months lol... and I prefer watching sports on a second computer monitor because I can quickly mute ads or dumbass announcers and play a game, browse forums, sites, etc.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is correct, but are there really people who post on NFL message boards who don't have NFLN???
I dont have cable, I use an antenna to watch most games.

but like shark said, a lot can be achieved with the internet and a good VPN.
I think that the local markets still get those games on basic cable networks (should be Fox in the Seattle area). Not 100% on that, though.
I looked at the tv guide and its not showing it on local broadcast

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have cable, I use an antenna to watch most games.

but like shark said, a lot can be achieved with the internet and a good VPN.

Sure. I also don't have cable, but it's not beneath me to have internet-based TV since I like to watch programming without having to jump through a bunch of hoops. $75/month for an outstanding service like YouTube TV seems well worth it, but I suppose it's relative. I tried the jailbreak on a firestick once, but I thought it sucked. The interface was cumbersome, was difficult to find what I wanted to watch, and overall quality and ease of use just wasn't there. I'll gladly pay for quality, and I like to watch football on a 75" Samsung TV with great sound in my living room with friends/family instead of on a 2nd computer monitor in my office alone.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had youtube TV a few years ago when it was $49.99 per month but I was having withdrawls from not being able to watch the Mariners because they didn't have Rootsports at that point... So I went back to the crappy xfinity... I was paying for the the top internet package thru xfinity so when youtube went to $64.99 a month, I really wasn't saving that much money when bundling internet/cable w/ xfinity...

Plus, when youtube started to push back against freedom of speech, it turned me off to them and I didn't want to support them any longer...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like most here no cable just internet. I can watch Seahawks OTA and I use Sling to get red zone and can also use it to watch the Seahawks but delayed by a few seconds. I found there are more and better movies and TV shows you can see on the internet than there ever were with cable and OTA you get a variety also. I tend to try different app services like HBO or Hula for a month then switch ( but have had Prime & Netflix for years) this gives you different pools of movies and shows to dive into.
So I can watch TNF, Seahawks, SNF, MNF, and red zone and that is plenty. Any more than that and it is overkill.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had youtube TV a few years ago when it was $49.99 per month but I was having withdrawls from not being able to watch the Mariners because they didn't have Rootsports at that point... So I went back to the crappy xfinity... I was paying for the the top internet package thru xfinity so when youtube went to $64.99 a month, I really wasn't saving that much money when bundling internet/cable w/ xfinity...

Plus, when youtube started to push back against freedom of speech, it turned me off to them and I didn't want to support them any longer...
Yeah, it sucks that YTV doesn't have ROOT, but I got a free subscription to mlb.tv when I bought a flex pack (and from T-mobile I believe). They black out local market games, but then I just used a VPN to access it from somewhere else. Problem fixed.

And now the problem is fixed permanently since I decided to move out of the people's democratic republic of Washington.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now the problem is fixed permanently since I decided to move out of the people's democratic republic of Washington.
where to? if you dont mind sharing
been thinking about it myself but I am in too deep unfortunately

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BuffStreams. Any game u want and all sports :D

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where to? if you dont mind sharing
been thinking about it myself but I am in too deep unfortunately
Yeah, no problem. The short answer is 6 months ago we moved from Roy (WA) to just outside of Fort Worth, TX.

The rest of the story is we had been living in Roy since 2015 and then decided in spring of 2020 that it was time for us to leave the homeland. Lots of reasons for it, but I'll just say WA was no longer a good fit for us. Had been looking at Huntsville, AL until we found this amazing neighborhood in May of 2021 while visiting my best Army buddy here. By the time we got on the plane to head back to WA, we had a deposit on a lot and started building our home here. We've been in it 2 months now, loving life. This state loves veterans. I retired from the Army in 2018 after 25 years on active duty, got right into real estate there and should have my license here in TX soon. Been screwing off and just enjoying being in the breeze the past few months, but I guess it's time to get back in the game. For a little while anyway.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haven't had cable for years. I stream everything and it works great 90% of the time. That's enough to keep me from ever giving Comcast another cent.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they look Beatable.

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan
They do. Hopefully that last second drive for the W doesn't wake them up too much.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like most here no cable just internet. I can watch Seahawks OTA and I use Sling to get red zone and can also use it to watch the Seahawks but delayed by a few seconds. I found there are more and better movies and TV shows you can see on the internet than there ever were with cable and OTA you get a variety also. I tend to try different app services like HBO or Hula for a month then switch ( but have had Prime & Netflix for years) this gives you different pools of movies and shows to dive into.
So I can watch TNF, Seahawks, SNF, MNF, and red zone and that is plenty. Any more than that and it is overkill.

Plus now TNF is on Amazon Prime which most people just have for the other services.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they put those games on a local station too. Thats going to be a problem
According to Gregg bell, the game will be on KIRO locally at 6:30a

Reactions: MrS

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't had cable for years. I stream everything and it works great 90% of the time. That's enough to keep me from ever giving Comcast another cent.

For Internet I sent Comcast packin'. Didn't have the speed AT&T had and AT&T you can cancel the contract or service whenever you want - even if it's a promo. NO termination penalties (which Comcast had). Comcast was also starting to get ridiculous in Chicago. About once a month MIDDLE of the day (I work from home) it would just cut out. For like 6 hours. Get on your phone "There is an outage in the area" the service reps could never tell me what it was for. They partially refunded some of my months after I bitched them out, but seriously?

Since I've been on AT&T for a few years, maybe... ONE outage? For 15 minutes? Fuck Comcast. Done with that tool of a Company. They admittedly do have a better TV interface/service than AT&T (never used but seen at friends' houses) but I've enjoyed the $4K I've pocketed over the last 3 years by ditching a premium TV service. And AT&T gives you HBO Max for free as part of just signing up for their Internet. Comcast still charges you the standard fee to my knowledge... lol.

Cable TV IMO is dying. Hell look at most kids/teens. They don't watch Cable TV... they're watching YouTube/Twitch/and Disney+ 24/7... Only thing keeping Cable TV alive is politics (which if you watch or get your political information from Cable TV you're a complete moron IMO) and sports - which if you are somewhat capable of 'Internetting' you can find online.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im working with an antenna thats been up since Nixon was president, probably needs an upgrade.