• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

Thomas Rawls -
Since coming back from injury, Rawls has been extremely effective, running for 268 yards in 4 games. He's averaged 6.4 yard per carry the last 2 games. Los Angeles comes to town with the 20th ranked run defense in the NFL. With how things played out on Sunday, I expect the Hawks to get Rawls involved early and often in this one.

CenturyLink - Home cooking is always a good thing for the Hawks, as they are undefeated at home this season, and have one of the best home field advantages in the NFL. The Hawks have had an insane amount of miles since week 8 - as they have flown back and forth from coast to coast every week. The Hawks will be 3rd in that category this season (LA and Buffalo have more because they played in London this season), and the last 8 weeks alone would put them in the top half of the NFL for the season. Seattle is averaging nearly 30 ppg at home, while not even 15 on the road, so things are looking good for a lot of offense for Seattle tonight.

Embarrassed - The Tampa Bay game sucked, but it was to a hot team and the team was still competitive. Green Bay kicked the Hawks around and took their lunch money, and it's the first time that the Hawks have been in a game that they didn't have a realistic chance of winning in the 4th quarter in 5 years. If the Hawks are who we think they are, they will use that loss as a motivator and play to what we know they can play to.

Negatives:

Russell Wilson -
I hate to put Wilson here, but he's been playing horrible of late. Since showing he has his athleticism back in Tampa Bay, Wilson just hasn't been very good. 8 interceptions, only 60% completion and taking 12 sacks (and a lot were him holding the ball, IMO) has made it difficult to get the offense moving (especially since he completed 72% against Carolina). If Seattle wants to make any significant damage in the post season, Russell will have to turn it around. Russell will have to throw 7 TD in the last 3 games to avoid a career low in that number (at least 11 to avoid a career low in TD%)

Rams - Fisher is gone, but that doesn't mean that the team isn't gonna be prepared for Seattle. They know that they can beat the Seahawks, even in Seattle, which confidence may help the Rams. Add in that they once again have nothing to lose and the Rams could give Seattle a big game. Add in that Seattle may be fatigued after the before mentioned excessive travel, while LA is coming off a home game and is traveling just a few hundred miles, this game could be closer than it should be.

Kenny Britt - Britt had a great game last time these two teams met, and now with Earl Thomas gone, there may be an effort to get him the ball in the seam as well as along the sideline. Shead has performed better since that early Rams game, and Goff hasn't been all that impressive, yet, but Britt is one of those guys who can explode for a big game any week.

Matchups:

Turnovers -
Seattle has just 16 turnover this season, compared to LA's 24, but 10 of those 16 have been the last 3 weeks (Rams have 9 over the same period). Both teams will be looking to take the ball away from their opponent, and to not turn it over at the same time.

Todd Gurley vs. Front 7 - Gurley has been having a very bad season, and his line hasn't been exactly a help to him. Getting him going will be a huge boon for Goff, as the young QB won't have to win the game without a running offense. Seattle needs to keep Gurley to his season average in ypc (3.3) or even better, what they held him to in week 2 (2.68).

Jared Goff vs. LOB - Steven Terrell will most likely get tested today, as Goff will try to use his TEs in the seam. After his abysmal performance against Atlanta on Sunday, Goff needs to prove that Fisher wasn't right to keep him on the bench in favor of Keenum. LOB needs to try and exploit Goff's inexperience and create some turnovers and help their struggling offense out.

Overview:

This game has all the signs of a blow out. I'd be more concerned about this game if it were on the road, but even with it at home Seattle hasn't been consistent enough for me to feel comfortable. They need to blow the Rams out like they did the Panthers and do it again against the Cardinals (as well as the 9ers for good meassure) before I start to think they are putting a good string of games together (and then it's against weaker opponents, but sometimes momentum is more important than who you play). Time for the Hawks to iron out the wrinkles and play like the champions that they are.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be very surprised if the Seahawks don't easily cover this game.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be very surprised if the Seahawks easily cover this game (as that would be a 20+ point win). It's the Rams.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on which Rams team shows up.

1. Playing for their jobs next year, confident they can beat the Hawks in any contest Rams.
2. Checked out Rams who've been told by the team to go through the motions for a better draft slot.

Neither would surprise me.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on which Rams team shows up.

1. Playing for their jobs next year, confident they can beat the Hawks in any contest Rams.
2. Checked out Rams who've been told by the team to go through the motions for a better draft slot.

Neither would surprise me.

Every year the Rams have put up stinkers throughout the season, and they always come back and play Seattle tough. If Seattle can start fast (wait, wait, stop laughing) then okay, I could see scenario #2 being realistic, but you're laughing at that suggestion for a reason.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year the Rams have put up stinkers throughout the season, and they always come back and play Seattle tough. If Seattle can start fast (wait, wait, stop laughing) then okay, I could see scenario #2 being realistic, but you're laughing at that suggestion for a reason.

Oh I totally get that the PLAYERS wouldn't want to do that. But you'll get a fair indication by which starters who are dinged up forinstance, might get the night off. Teams sometimes tank. Wouldn't bet on it, but I could see the Rams brass wanting to do that. They've got few enough draft choices after the Goff trade, may want to maximize those.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their offense is so bad this probably should be a shutout barring a bunch of turnovers

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I totally get that the PLAYERS wouldn't want to do that. But you'll get a fair indication by which starters who are dinged up forinstance, might get the night off. Teams sometimes tank. Wouldn't bet on it, but I could see the Rams brass wanting to do that. They've got few enough draft choices after the Goff trade, may want to maximize those.

Maybe, but pretty much all of the FO/coaches are unlikely to be around to reap the fruits of that type of labor. Plus them being without the first round pick makes the benefit to tanking that much smaller.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I posted, neither will surprise me.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think they win, but it will not be an easy game to watch (in that it will be tight right up to the final minutes, much like the Buffalo game but without all those points)

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Russ get his shit together tonight. We need to see better decision making on his part and being able to hit guys open. I think the D and running game will be fine tonight.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I see the color rush uniforms, it's confirmed - I dislike them.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Michael Floyd cut by Cards, claimed by Pats.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+15.5 Rams

I am tempted.. But after beating you all 3 times in a row, I think we get our medicine tonight.

Hopefully it's a good game with offense for once.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW head coach Chris Petersen will be raising the flag before kick off.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize that Pentatonix did the TNF intro

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06