• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't absolute perfection but I'm always happy with a 21 point win. RW was good despite the late pick -- nearly 80% completions, 3 TDs, and some good scrambles for 1st downs. The Rams clamped on our run game pretty good but that's not all that uncommon with this opponent. Ifedi seemed to have a pretty bad game from my vantage point in the 300 level.

Division Champs, now it's time to root for Dallas and Detroit losses this weekend.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kearse clearly has naked pictures of Wilson and his wife or their homemade p0rno video or something. Only explanation why Wilson keeps forcing it to that clown.

10 more targets than Lockett but 4 less catches. Even if he caught EVERY pass and added 30 more to his sheet (100% catch rate) he wouldn't even tie or pass Baldwin's catch/target ratio.

Seattle desperately needs a WR that can replace this fool.

Kearse is targeted twice, both desperation throw-aways and people still complain.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kearse is targeted twice, both desperation throw-aways and people still complain.

It's 'what have you done for me lately?' syndrome.

LAST YEAR, Kearse was among the NFL's best at catch % among WR's.

Now people want him traded for some training tape and expired gatorade.

To his critics: He's priced himself out of a job here anyway. Be patient.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 'what have you done for me lately?' syndrome.

LAST YEAR, Kearse was among the NFL's best at catch % among WR's.

Now people want him traded for some training tape and expired gatorade.

To his critics: He's priced himself out of a job here anyway. Be patient.

They're just afraid he'll restructure to stay....

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other element that fans forget (and my pet theory lays this at the feet of fantasy football), is that the players aren't robots. GM's and coaches have to consider the effect on the remaining players when they cut loose or bench a guy.

Kearse has been the epitome of the good soldier his whole career, and ALSO has some of the most iconic plays in Seahawks history. He's well respected and liked in that dressing room.

His poor play this year got him demoted from starter to backup last night, after a BUNCH of sub-par games from him.

His contract will eventually get him cut.

But coaches don't cut a guy like Kearse, and they don't bench him right away either.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite winning by 21 not an impressive win. The rams left a lot of big plays on the field and a competent qb makes those plays. Just hope the cards mail it in since their season is basically over

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His poor play this year got him demoted from starter to backup last night, after a BUNCH of sub-par games from him..

Good to see management/coaching finally do something about his poor play/execution this season...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite winning by 21 not an impressive win. The rams left a lot of big plays on the field and a competent qb makes those plays. Just hope the cards mail it in since their season is basically over

I have never seen a team mail it in in the NFL... For one, you'd get hurt if you did... I've seen it in the NBA and MLB but never in the NFL... I doubt the Card's mail it in... If any team had a reason to mail it in, it would've been the Rams last night and that was definitely not the case...

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other element that fans forget (and my pet theory lays this at the feet of fantasy football), is that the players aren't robots. GM's and coaches have to consider the effect on the remaining players when they cut loose or bench a guy.

Kearse has been the epitome of the good soldier his whole career, and ALSO has some of the most iconic plays in Seahawks history. He's well respected and liked in that dressing room.

His poor play this year got him demoted from starter to backup last night, after a BUNCH of sub-par games from him.

His contract will eventually get him cut.

But coaches don't cut a guy like Kearse, and they don't bench him right away either.

I think the way Lockett played last night, Kearse will have a lesser role for the rest of this season. All the Kearse haters should be rejoicing right now.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you on that. The Rams offense blew several chances to score and at least keep the game interesting, but they have the worst offense in the league for a reason. There were a few plays last night that really drove home the point that Thomas is out for the rest of the year and the Seahawks got lucky that the Rams couldn't take advantage.

The Hawks now have two winnable games left to grab that #2 seed and some areas still in need of some cleaning up. With more time than usual to prep for Arizona, I don't see any reason why they can't iron out those kinks next week against the Cardinals and then do some fine tuning against the 49ers in week 17.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with Kearse being on the team, or being on the field. However, he grades dead last in the league in QB rating throwing to him and that cannot be ignored. Maybe he's a great blocker and there are other things he is good at that helps on some plays. Having him isolated on one side is just dumb though. Every DC in the league knows you can put your worst corner on him in single coverage and you do not have a thing to worry about.

Sure, he's made some circus catches in his career and had a few great moments. But he also has had some of the worst games by a receiver in team history. What was it? 5 drops throwing to him in that GB game a few years back? You can't give him credit for the one great catch that game without still acknowledging we were only in that desperate position to begin with because he's so damned bad quite often.

Every single play should be about what is most likely to help the team retain and move the ball. Seldom is he ever going to be in that equation unless he's blocking and even then he's been called a bunch on those illegal picks this year.

The idea he should be rewarded for prior years service or on the off chance he suddenly gets better is ludicrous. Give the players that are making plays for you their chance to shine. I don't care how many years they have been on the team or even played that position. If you are producing, keep on giving them that chance. Let Kearse get enough reps to have the opportunity to fight back for more and nothing else. That's all he deserves.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see management/coaching finally do something about his poor play/execution this season...

But you get why they didn't do that from jump, right?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every DC in the league knows you can put your worst corner on him in single coverage and you do not have a thing to worry about.

Heh. Holy hyperbole.

Sure, he's made some circus catches in his career and had a few great moments. But he also has had some of the worst games by a receiver in team history. What was it? 5 drops throwing to him in that GB game a few years back? You can't give him credit for the one great catch that game without still acknowledging we were only in that desperate position to begin with because he's so damned bad quite often.

Every single play should be about what is most likely to help the team retain and move the ball. Seldom is he ever going to be in that equation unless he's blocking and even then he's been called a bunch on those illegal picks this year.

The idea he should be rewarded for prior years service or on the off chance he suddenly gets better is ludicrous. Give the players that are making plays for you their chance to shine. I don't care how many years they have been on the team or even played that position. If you are producing, keep on giving them that chance. Let Kearse get enough reps to have the opportunity to fight back for more and nothing else. That's all he deserves.

Look, the team has a HISTORY of not standing on ceremony with players. If you get outperformed, you're on the bench. The coaches don't go WHOLE SEASONS staying with declining vets. That's why FA's sign in Seattle. HALF of the team are guys not even drafted for crissakes.

But they ALSO have the history of showing loyalty to vets who produce. Paying guys who produce. That's why marquis FA's like Bennet and Avril came to Seattle.

And AGAIN, nobody is saying that the Seahawks owe some long term starting job to Kearse. I'm certainly not. Dunno how many times I can post 'be patient,' he's eventually gone.

But they DO want to balance the 'everybody competes' mantra with being as loyal as possible to a guy who has been money in big situations.

And you can spin that all you want, he's been money. Yes he struggled mightily in that GB game, but it was HIM who caught the winning TD, despite all the struggles.

It was HIM that made the circus catch that put us within a yard of being a team doing something no-one has done in decades.

The team is showing loyalty to Kearse as much for THE REST OF THE GUYS ON THE TEAM, as they are for Kearse.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some compete, but only if you haven't done something crazy good in the past because we will absolutely still put out garbage play after play out of loyalty for things you did years ago.

And this isn't a problem for you. Great. Good for you.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen a team mail it in in the NFL... For one, you'd get hurt if you did... I've seen it in the NBA and MLB but never in the NFL... I doubt the Card's mail it in... If any team had a reason to mail it in, it would've been the Rams last night and that was definitely not the case...
One take away from the Rams, I would have Kenny Britt on my team any day.

Oh, and I thought Gurley would run harder.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some compete, but only if you haven't done something crazy good in the past because we will absolutely still put out garbage play after play out of loyalty for things you did years ago.

And this isn't a problem for you. Great. Good for you.

Oh ffs, 'if it isn't a problem for you...'

You're going to have to do better than that on the PA front.

And no not YEARS ago, LAST year, let me repeat last.year.he.was.one.of.the.best.in.the.nfl.in.catch.%.

It's a team culture thing.

So no, it's not a problem for ME, because it's not a problem for THE TEAM and the COACHING STAFF.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the way Lockett played last night, Kearse will have a lesser role for the rest of this season. All the Kearse haters should be rejoicing right now.

Why rejoice? You sound like you our complaints were unjustified... There was a reason he was benched, no? Lockett should get more touches than Kearse, he's a better receiver... That's what I've been lobbying for... I don't have a problem with Kearse being on the team, I just have a problem with him getting as many plays as he does on passing downs... He's a solid run blocker for a receiver...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may have been able to claim floyd if not for the bad deal they gave kearse. Not that floyd would really contribute, but he has far more potential than kearse

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ffs, 'if it isn't a problem for you...'

You're going to have to do better than that on the PA front.

And no not YEARS ago, LAST year, let me repeat last.year.he.was.one.of.the.best.in.the.nfl.in.catch.%.

It's a team culture thing.

So no, it's not a problem for ME, because it's not a problem for THE TEAM and the COACHING STAFF.
How many games into this year are we? And you want to reward people for things that happened 20 games back? Ok.

Compete. That is their mantra and yet they will do it on the line, and at other positions, but NOT WR.

I said clearly I'm fine with him being on the team and getting plays. Just a reduced role. Others that are producing BETTER THIS YEAR should get more snaps. It's as simple as that.

I'm not sure what part of dead last in the NFL you aren't getting, but you don't give THAT guy a starter role and 60%+ of the snaps on offense. You simply don't. His number is around a 50 passer rating throwing to him. That's beyond the point where you at least sit a guy down for a game or three.