• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may have been able to claim floyd if not for the bad deal they gave kearse. Not that floyd would really contribute, but he has far more potential than kearse

Floyd has a worst catch rate than Kearse this year. And has had off field issues since college.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd has twice as many drops as Kearse this year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may have been able to claim floyd if not for the bad deal they gave kearse. Not that floyd would really contribute, but he has far more potential than kearse

Floyd is not a very good WR... I'd rather keep Kearse... I'm glad NE picked him up so he didn't end up on our roster...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compete. That is their mantra and yet they will do it on the line, and at other positions, but NOT WR.

So how many games from being one of the best in the NFL, to being benched does one wait? Three Ten?

Just so I understand.

I'm going to assume that with Wilson's struggles THIS year, we're going to cut him some more slack, recognizing that there's other factors in play?

Or if he hits that X numbers of games plateau, we 'compete' with our rookie instead?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many games from being one of the best in the NFL, to being benched does one wait? Three Ten?

Just so I understand.

I'm going to assume that with Wilson's struggles THIS year, we're going to cut him some more slack, recognizing that there's other factors in play?

Or if he hits that X numbers of games plateau, we 'compete' with our rookie instead?
ok, who's getting ridiculous now?

You put the best player on the field that gives you the best chance to win. Suggesting you bench Wilson begs the question of who you put in and you don't have an answer to that.

We do have answers at WR. Plenty of them. McEvoy has earned taking more plays and so has Lockett and Richardson.

And for the 3rd time, I didn't say don't play him. I said he needs to take less and less snaps until he proves he has value NOW in games. Right NOW he doesn't. You cannot argue that. Give him snaps particularly in roles you like him in such as blocking. Stop putting him out there on 3rd downs when he's flat out killing you on them.

Odd that you blindly support his starting status though. Coaches do make errors in judgement and clearly they are off on this. Glaringly so.

Last edited:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, who's getting ridiculous now?

You put the best player on the field that gives you the best chance to win. Suggesting you bench Wilson begs the question of who you put in and you don't have an answer to that.

We do have answers at WR. Plenty of them. McEvoy has earned taking more plays and so has Lockett and Richardson.

And for the 3rd time, I didn't say don't play him. I said he needs to take less and less snaps until he proves he has value NOW in games. Right NOW he doesn't. You cannot argue that. Give him snaps particularly in roles you like him in such as blocking. Stop putting him out there on 3rd downs when he's flat out killing you on them.

Odd that you blindly support his starting status though. Coaches do make errors in judgement and clearly they are off on this. Glaringly so.

Not quite sure how we got here then, because we're obviously talking past each other. I've repeatedly said that people should just be patient, because his production now isn't going to match his salary.

I'm FINE with him being designated a backup.

I'm just explaining WHY the team didn't cut him or bench him seven games ago. There's REASONS for that.

Perhaps I read too much into your earlier post.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, I WAS getting ridiculous in my post, purposefully using hyperbole to illustrate a point.

--

Edit: and you know who illustrates my point from a different sport? Robert Horry. Was always going half speed. Not much of a leaper or a runner. Not going to get you 50. Some nights fucking invisible.

But in big games, in big moments?

Money.

Does some young guy with more upside give you a better chance to win a game in November? Yep.

Not in the playoffs though, late in the 4th quarter.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite sure how we got here then, because we're obviously talking past each other. I've repeatedly said that people should just be patient, because his production now isn't going to match his salary.

I'm FINE with him being designated a backup.

I'm just explaining WHY the team didn't cut him or bench him seven games ago. There's REASONS for that.

Perhaps I read too much into your earlier post.
Well he should have seen reduced snaps in earlier games, but I've never said bench him. You don't have to bench WR's when it's fairly easy to swap them out. Maybe narrow him down to a more limited set of plays. Find ways of getting him back in his groove by throwing less at him. Something. Anything. He's dead last in the NFL and that includes backups and anyone else taking a route in the official stats. Dead last.

We all know it's Baldwin/Graham, and maybe now a little Lockett and things drop off fast. So put those 3 in particularly on 3rd downs. They are all a better option than Kearse is right now. Let Kearse have the snaps on 1st when it doesn't kill you as much when he drops it or can't get separation. He can earn that trust back.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he should have seen reduced snaps in earlier games, but I've never said bench him. You don't have to bench WR's when it's fairly easy to swap them out. Maybe narrow him down to a more limited set of plays. Find ways of getting him back in his groove by throwing less at him. Something. Anything. He's dead last in the NFL and that includes backups and anyone else taking a route in the official stats. Dead last.

We all know it's Baldwin/Graham, and maybe now a little Lockett and things drop off fast. So put those 3 in particularly on 3rd downs. They are all a better option than Kearse is right now. Let Kearse have the snaps on 1st when it doesn't kill you as much when he drops it or can't get separation. He can earn that trust back.

Shoulds are weak.

They didn't. Now they did.

Let's move on.

Heh, I keeeel me.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, we can talk about Bevell instead. The topic that never goes out of fashion round these parts. After sherman called him out I'd bet the haters about shot a load thanking him for confirmation that they've been right all along. I mean that's how that works isn't it?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd has a worst catch rate than Kearse this year. And has had off field issues since college.

ya the dudes a headcase but he was a 1st round pick for a reason. he has talent. he seems like the type of project carroll likes.

i would not be surprised if he is a stud in NE, nor would i be surprised if he isnt on their team next year.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, personal issues resolved, clearer head, I guess I'm back.

I'm not disappointed with the game. Wilson looked shaky but he made some great throws. Short week and playing in a real uncomfortable cold and there was some good with some bad. It was a good bounce back game though. Point is that there's only one team that looks like world-beaters and they have a rookie QB that hasn't seen a defense like ours, even without ET. They're going to win out and hopefully Detroit drops one and we get that FRB.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our odds of getting the 2 seed, but all of the wild card teams even are looking good right now. I don't think it's a given that we take that first playoff game to even get to Dallas if they indeed host the NFCCG.

Just not feeling like our year. A lot going against this team.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite winning by 21 not an impressive win. The rams left a lot of big plays on the field and a competent qb makes those plays. Just hope the cards mail it in since their season is basically over
My guess is we take it to them.
Not a 30 point win, but I am happy of we control the game. The score merely is an afterthought.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One take away from the Rams, I would have Kenny Britt on my team any day.

Oh, and I thought Gurley would run harder.
Fortunately for games going forward against this divisional foe, Gurley is not the real deal. I don't think he ever will be.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, we can talk about Bevell instead. The topic that never goes out of fashion round these parts. After sherman called him out I'd bet the haters about shot a load thanking him for confirmation that they've been right all along. I mean that's how that works isn't it?

Heh.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So naysayers on this board. I guarantee if we get that 2 seed we're going to the Super Bowl. No-brainer. Every time the Wilson doubters come out he shuts them up. Hopefully someone takes care of Detroit for us.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Group hug time?
:noidea:

group-hug-o.gif