• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle @ New Orleans. 10am FOX

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bennett goes under the knife and misses the rest of the season or plays like he has the first half of this season they wont extend him and will make him play out his final year.

If he has a monster second half then they will either trade him for some value ( the smart move ) or let him play the last year on his contract.

I do not think the smart move would be to extend a player that is declining and who will turn 31 in a couple weeks. They have him locked up through 2017 and the smart move would be to not offer him a contract and either trade him or let him become a FA after the 2017 season. Sure it might really piss Bennett off but he would be playing for his LAST contract so he might have a big season in 2017. Money is his only driving force.

We'll see. But word from both sides is that they're working on it right now.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would also help if opposing teams "cut up" on the penalties. I'm afraid to look but I wouldn't be surprised if this is another year where Seattle's opponents are the least penalized "team" in the league.
The two pretty blatant offensive PIs not called on NO were huge plays. They scored a TD on one, and the other was a big gain on 3rd down late. And here I thought the refs were always on our side....

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Kearse had a near impossible play to make. I think since it was for sure the last play of the game (barring defensive penalty which wasn't called all game vs NO), if you're the passer then you take a little bigger risk of INT to give your guy more opportunity for a play. But that's nitpicking a bit I think. Would have liked to have seen it gone to either Graham or Baldwin there.

I think we all would have. I didn't get a good look at the entire play there though. Didn't see what Russ saw so it's hard to get on his case about that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. But word from both sides is that they're working on it right now.

they would be breaking their own rule if they extended him during this season. They have kept that hard stance about not resigning people with more than 1 year left. Do you think they would really piss off Kam and other players on the team by extending Bennett who still has 2 years left? your crazy.

Please post a link where they say they are in talks with Bennett's agent, would like to see that one or is this just a monkey you pulled out of your butt? lol just got a flashback from the movie bruce all mighty!

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two pretty blatant offensive PIs not called on NO were huge plays. They scored a TD on one, and the other was a big gain on 3rd down late. And here I thought the refs were always on our side....

I'd say they were both questionable. And like I've already mentioned several times I have no problem with both being let go as long as they're also letting that "hold" on Shead go. Just wasn't very consistent but Seattle had other problems today.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they would be breaking their own rule if they extended him during this season. They have kept that hard stance about not resigning people with more than 1 year left. Do you think they would really piss off Kam and other players on the team by extending Bennett who still has 2 years left? your crazy.

I'm not making this up myself.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the the blue print to beat the Hawks right now is to be extremely efficient on 3rd down and dink and dunk down the field and hope the refs call a penalty 2 or 3 times to help extend the drives.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think its on Wilson not bevell
Its a combo of both...Wilson will not throw ball unless receiver is wide open...he is not seeing open receivers.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not making this up myself.

oh? you made it up with help but not by yourself?

please show us the link so we all can be in the know also, i googled it and NOTHING came up so....

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have criticized wilson, he was making throws that he wouldnt normally make, missing open WRs, throwing way too early when he had time (he has been doing this all year). i think most of that has to do with injuries and being coached to get rid of the ball fast.

on the last play, ya wilson made a bad throw but i cant remember wilson having a lot of fades that worked. in fact i think its probably his one throw that he isnt good at.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense needs to get their shit together. 1 offensive TD in the last 9 quarters played is pathetic. On a positive note, AZ lost as well.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the the blue print to beat the Hawks right now is to be extremely efficient on 3rd down and dink and dunk down the field and hope the refs call a penalty 2 or 3 times to help extend the drives.
"Being efficient on 3rd down" is an output, not an input though. Like turnovers or scoring points. You can't just decide to do it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a positive note, AZ lost as well.

I knew when watching the Cards game ( yes i was watching Both games lol ) that the chances the Hawks would win was slim. NFL wants to keep at least 2 teams close in each division. Makes for more exciting games down the stretch. :P

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say they were both questionable. And like I've already mentioned several times I have no problem with both being let go as long as they're also letting that "hold" on Shead go. Just wasn't very consistent but Seattle had other problems today.
Those two by the Saints -- have seen them called many times. Of course some non-calls too, like today, but when you're going to call that crap on Shead then be fair about it the other way too. We for sure had other problems, but a big one in this game is a 12:1 penalty ratio or whatever it ended up being. You have to be considerably better than the opponent to win a game like that, and right now with the injuries that's a tall order on the road after our D played 100 snaps a week ago.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Being efficient on 3rd down" is an output, not an input though. Like turnovers or scoring points. You can't just decide to do it.

lmao that is something you TRY to do is it not? Be efficient. Something btw the Hawks have not been this season.

again the blueprint to beat the Hawks is to dink and dunk down the field, be efficient on 3rd downs and make the refs give you free first downs at least once or twice a drive. ( i figured when i put that into my other post you would have got the humor but it was over your head i guess ) :L

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bevell has proven to be horrible at calling third down and redzone plays. he just doesnt know how to get it done.

case in point, seems most of our redzone TDs are one or two yard runs. how many red zone TD passes do we have? i would hazard to guess 1 or 2.

wilson's ability to run and scramble has really put a nice mirage on bevell's ineptitude. he is a half rate highschool play caller.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao that is something you TRY to do is it not? Be efficient. Something btw the Hawks have not been this season.

again the blueprint to beat the Hawks is to dink and dunk down the field, be efficient on 3rd downs and make the refs give you free first downs at least once or twice a drive. ( i figured when i put that into my other post you would have got the humor but it was over your head i guess ) :L
You try to win too. "Being efficient" is an output.