• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vsTitans

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno had a few bad throws today. Just about every QB has a few bad throws a game.

The bigger problem with the offense today was the OL and running game. Outside of K9's one big 24 yard run, he had 30 yards on 15 carries. Charbs had 0 yards on 2 carries.
O-line did pretty good overall especially in the 2nd half, Geno had time … Running game wasn’t great …

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the WIN:
  • Crazy to get another last minute winning TD drive to have the same 20-17 score in consecutive games. Also another really good play by a DB to end the game.
  • People criticize the D just a bit too much -- freaking out when all they had given up was 10 points on the road through 3.5+ quarters. 17 points allowed in an NFL game is success, folks. No pictures on the scoreboard, and they've played solidly in both of these last 2 wins. Doing it without possibly your 3 most physical/aggressive players on the field needs to be commended. I get that Derrick Henry looked better than he has maybe all season, but again not having key players on the field matters. If it didn't, there's no reason to have them. We also didn't let Henry beat us like 2 years ago in our place.
  • I have much greater beef with the offense. It just shouldn't be such a struggle with the talent we have. We like to blame Geno, but he had an ok game today. Not great, but it's a passing grade for sure. No turnovers and hit the game winner in the clutch. The passes behind the LOS still don't work, and we still do them way too much. We go 2+ quarters every game it seems without even thinking about DK. We are throwing high and wide to the point where receives can't stay in bounds. Ballcarriers are being met by tacklers right after they get the handoff. Way too many runs of 2 yards or less when league average is around 4. It's a fully healthy offense and had to scratch out a 2nd TD in the final possession of the game for the 2nd straight week. Need a new OC.
  • The PI call on Tre Brown is frustrating because he didn't initiate contact, but you cannot wrap your arms around the WR like that. Easy call that kept their drive alive, and they ended up getting a go-ahead TD after another dumb PF. Speaking of dumb, that was DeeJay Dallas taking a swing/swipe at the guy right in front of the ref. At least it was only a 4 yard penalty.
  • I hate the tush push because I think it's lame you can push a ballcarrier forward and get credit for it when the D doesn't get credit for pushing one backward, but I'll store it away that we can run it effectively with DeeJay Dallas.
This one looked like a loss at many points in the game, to include at least once or twice during the game winning TD drive. Feels good to win those even if it's "only" the Titans. This team is in good position to end up with 10 wins and WIN their way into the playoffs. It's a flawed team, but it's fun to watch your team get into the playoffs. 1 and done there is always better than perpetually losing double digit games every year like the Chicagos and Jets of the league. Get these final 2 wins and let's see what happens!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Steelers next week then Cards… Chance at the playoffs are a real possibility…

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, huge props to JSN. He was absolutely HUGE on 3rd downs today.
Yeah, he's turning into a nifty player fairly quickly. I hate the WR screens, but at least he's usually getting around 5 yards on those, which I'll take on 1st down every time. He had some drops this year, but I know he has very reliable hands and great body control. He'll be good in the NFL for a long time. Both of this year's 1st round picks look like clear hits to me.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. There was that one bad throw in the middle of all the great throws he had on that drive.

Granted you think Lock would have won this game by 20. Because, apparently, the running game would have been great if Lock was handing the ball off.
Even though the Titans last 4 games were decided by 3pts or less (Colts, Phins, Texans, Hawks)... But hey, Drew Lock would've beat them by 20 in Tennessee because we hate Geno...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 20-17 win over the Eagles is inspiring. A 20-17 win over the Titans is depressing.
Enjoy your depressing day...

... it's really sad that you can't enjoy a win that keeps us in playoff contention...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 20-17 win over the Eagles is inspiring. A 20-17 win over the Titans is depressing.
Yeah, ok. 20-17 in the next 2 games also means playoffs. I'll take it right now. If you're depressed after a win on the road in the NFL, that's a YOU problem. This is not the 2013 team. They will have to scratch out some wins even against weaker teams from time to time. Hell, even the '13 team did that more than once during that season. Some of you guys here just aren't happy unless there's something to bitch about.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the WIN:
  • Crazy to get another last minute winning TD drive to have the same 20-17 score in consecutive games. Also another really good play by a DB to end the game.
  • People criticize the D just a bit too much -- freaking out when all they had given up was 10 points on the road through 3.5+ quarters. 17 points allowed in an NFL game is success, folks. No pictures on the scoreboard, and they've played solidly in both of these last 2 wins. Doing it without possibly your 3 most physical/aggressive players on the field needs to be commended. I get that Derrick Henry looked better than he has maybe all season, but again not having key players on the field matters. If it didn't, there's no reason to have them. We also didn't let Henry beat us like 2 years ago in our place.
  • I have much greater beef with the offense. It just shouldn't be such a struggle with the talent we have. We like to blame Geno, but he had an ok game today. Not great, but it's a passing grade for sure. No turnovers and hit the game winner in the clutch. The passes behind the LOS still don't work, and we still do them way too much. We go 2+ quarters every game it seems without even thinking about DK. We are throwing high and wide to the point where receives can't stay in bounds. Ballcarriers are being met by tacklers right after they get the handoff. Way too many runs of 2 yards or less when league average is around 4. It's a fully healthy offense and had to scratch out a 2nd TD in the final possession of the game for the 2nd straight week. Need a new OC.
  • The PI call on Tre Brown is frustrating because he didn't initiate contact, but you cannot wrap your arms around the WR like that. Easy call that kept their drive alive, and they ended up getting a go-ahead TD after another dumb PF. Speaking of dumb, that was DeeJay Dallas taking a swing/swipe at the guy right in front of the ref. At least it was only a 4 yard penalty.
  • I hate the tush push because I think it's lame you can push a ballcarrier forward and get credit for it when the D doesn't get credit for pushing one backward, but I'll store it away that we can run it effectively with DeeJay Dallas.
This one looked like a loss at many points in the game, to include at least once or twice during the game winning TD drive. Feels good to win those even if it's "only" the Titans. This team is in good position to end up with 10 wins and WIN their way into the playoffs. It's a flawed team, but it's fun to watch your team get into the playoffs. 1 and done there is always better than perpetually losing double digit games every year like the Chicagos and Jets of the league. Get these final 2 wins and let's see what happens!

You say 2 games.............

I look at it as 8 Quarters

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say 2 games.............

I look at it as 8 Quarters
Huh? I don't get the joke.

Plus, I said 2 WINS in the part you bolded. I didn't say games or quarters.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? I don't get the joke.

Plus, I said 2 WINS in the part you bolded. I didn't say games or quarters.
It's a different way of thinking

Every game the 2010 Packers had in the playoffs wasn;t a game. 4 Quarters

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the Titans last 4 games were decided by 3pts or less (Colts, Phins, Texans, Hawks)... But hey, Drew Lock would've beat them by 20 in Tennessee because we hate Geno...

It's just weird how some fans seem to actually get upset when Geno wins games.

The Titans lost games on average by.... 3 points. 2 weeks ago they beat the Dolphins. It's not like this team is complete trash.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a different way of thinking

Every game the 2010 Packers had in the playoffs wasn;t a game. 4 Quarters
Uhhh....ok!

And I still didn't refer to # of games anyway. I said 2 wins.

But it's all good. Probably tripping over mouse turds at this point.

Just get the wins. That's my point.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Titans lost games on average by.... 3 points. 2 weeks ago they beat the Dolphins. It's not like this team is complete trash.
Some people think "good" NFL teams should blow out "bad" ones. It just doesn't happen a lot on Sundays. If you expect blowouts, watch the kids who play on Saturdays.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh....ok!

And I still didn't refer to # of games anyway. I said 2 wins.

But it's all good. Probably tripping over mouse turds at this point.

Just get the wins. That's my point.

Yep

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I Always had this Metaphor about wins.

It wasn't the Prettiest, Cutest, or the Hotest Girl at the dance. But at least it's a girl

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, some QB’s can handle the pressure, some fold like a tent ..

And you're suggesting Geno and his 4 game winning drives this year folds rather than handles it more times than not?

Results prove otherwise.