• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Eagles: Wildcard Rd 1:40 PST

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney didn’t need to do a thing as Wentz was almost completely down when he speared him. Pointless hit

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney didn’t need to do a thing as Wentz was almost completely down when he speared him. Pointless hit

Oh right.. like when Wilson was 'completely down' (FYI since you're new, he wasn't), but then he escaped, but your bullshit officiating crew called him down anyway because it suit them after he COMPLETELY escaped, was running for 2 seconds, and down an empty field?

OHHH WAIT, sorry... he was NOT down when 3 defensive players were mauling him pushing him 5 yards back and no whistle blew because they needed the fumble... GOT IT.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're calling it a dirty play. It's football... these kind of plays (evidence to my Seattle/San Fran game) happen all the time. It APPEARS to MAYBE be dirty, but you're implying there was an intent by Clowney to personally injure Wentz. That was not the case here... the game was moving extremely fast at the moment and a play (whether foul or not) resulted in an injury.

There's a big difference from that Haynesworth/Suh stomping on players after a play is clearly over OR actual testimony from dickheads like Romanowski, Harrison (Pats), 2012 Saints team, saying they intentionally looked for injury.

Jesus, he speared him. That was a penalty like 30 years ago. No point bitching about cheap shots on Wilson when you let that crap slide.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize I wasn't making excuses for why they lost? I get that your old and dumb, but damn.
Read your comment #733 dumb fuck and tell me you were not making excuses.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh right.. like when Wilson was 'completely down' (FYI since you're new, he wasn't), but then he escaped, but your bullshit officiating crew called him down anyway because it suit them after he COMPLETELY escaped, was running for 2 seconds, and down an empty field?

OHHH WAIT, sorry... he was NOT down when 3 defensive players were mauling him pushing him 5 yards back and no whistle blew because they needed the fumble... GOT IT.
I vaguely remember that play so I’d have to see it again. I’m sure there was a missed call but was it an obvious spear to Wilson as he was about laying on the ground?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, he speared him. That was a penalty like 30 years ago. No point bitching about cheap shots on Wilson when you let that crap slide.

Right... and I've said it was a play that should've been called. What else do you want me to say?

My point being, these ridiculous penalties that don't get called are happening every game. The penalties were missed on both sides of the ball in Seahawks/Eagles, Wentz being in may or may have not affected things. Me bringing up the 49ers/Wilson was making the point the 49ers could've easily wiped out our two best offensive players without repercussion.

Are you trying to say, "All this shit should be review worthy and if you commit ANY injury to another player that is not legal you are IMMEDIATELY dragged outside and shot for dead?"

So... Seattle should've lost because Clowney hit Wentz late? What if Graham/Fox hit Wilson late? Should the Eagles lose? Seattle should feel BAD and not deserve it because Wentz went out on a hit? What if that happened to Wilson? Should the Eagles feel BAD and not deserve it?

TLDR WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR POINT?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was busy. How was Wentz in his first playoff game and most important game ever :heh:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right... and I've said it was a play that should've been called. What else do you want me to say?

My point being, these ridiculous penalties that don't get called are happening every game. The penalties were missed on both sides of the ball in Seahawks/Eagles, Wentz being in may or may have not affected things. Me bringing up the 49ers/Wilson was making the point the 49ers could've easily wiped out our two best offensive players without repercussion.

Are you trying to say, "All this shit should be review worthy and if you commit ANY injury to another player that is not legal you are IMMEDIATELY dragged outside and shot for dead?"

So... Seattle should've lost because Clowney hit Wentz late? What if Graham/Fox hit Wilson late? Should the Eagles lose? Seattle should feel BAD and not deserve it because Wentz went out on a hit? What if that happened to Wilson? Should the Eagles feel BAD and not deserve it?

TLDR WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR POINT?

To answer the question, IT WAS A CHEAP SHOT AND A DIRTY PLAY. I lost a lot of respect for Clowney today.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the question, IT WAS A CHEAP SHOT AND A DIRTY PLAY. I lost a lot of respect for Clowney today.

Fine... in your opinion it was a cheap shot and dirty play. I THINK it might have been as well. I do not have the power to put myself in the mind of the player and understand motive. The game is moving too fast when it happened, and I've seen MANY similar hits this year and recent, by NFL defensive players on QBs that do not slide. It is not as clear to me as examples I gave earlier where Suh/Haynesworth/Gronk were stomping/diving at players after the play was dead.

If you 'feel' it was cheap, fine. That's not fact, that's a feeling. If you want to stand by that, fine. Considering the # of similar hits (I've given examples for our own team) I've seen over SEVERAL YEARS, I strongly oppose it.

All said, what do you propose to fix this? If a player wipes out another player, how do we judge that? Was it intentional or not? Give me some rulings and changes you'd make to better enforce and prevent these things from happening? Good luck with the subjectivity, proving motive and substantiating ANY of that in court. should the team be suspended? Should the team be fined? Should the player be banned (that's happened before), etc.?

I'll expect a 500 page (that's somewhat selling it short) proposal by next Friday....

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was busy. How was Wentz in his first playoff game and most important game ever :heh:
he was 1 for 4 (25% cmp%) for 3 yards & a fumble.
Hope that helps.
I remember looking at the stats later in the game & saw his old ass back up 12 for 15 & thought. Look. They both have the same amount of incompletions. (just one took a lot longer to get there)

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry man, but for some reason, I don't think Clowney gives a shit what you think. :noidea:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say this. I think it was a football instinct type play. Now it woulda been different IF wentz gave himself up with a slide

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say this. I think it was a football instinct type play. Now it woulda been different IF wentz gave himself up with a slide

He lowered his helmet and went right into him. Spearing someone isn't "football instinct". He was looking to put the hurt on him.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a dirty hit as well, but not because he landed on Wentz. All DL try & do that when the QB doesnt slide.
I think it was, because in the replay you can see what he intended with his helmet (IMO) I believe he definitely was wanting to lead with his helmet as a weapon.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lowered his helmet and went right into him. Spearing someone isn't "football instinct". He was looking to put the hurt on him.
No he didn’t he led with his shoulder and their momentum led to the helmet hit

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude.. do you just go through life with everything in slow mo, while having psychic abilities... and just know what everyone is thinking?

Are you like the lawyer that says, "Well your honor... you see... the defendant here crashed into the Client because one was driving a Porsche and the other driving a BMW. It's obvious to me... the defendant, was CLEARLY looking to assault and potentially murder my witness at this time." and expect a response: "I agree, this is attempted murder by the defendant."

There's a HUGE difference what happened tonight vs. that Bennett bullshit a couple years back.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most telling stat from this game, and reason why Seattle isn't going into Lambeau and winning next week:
Total team rushing yards for Seattle: 64
Wilson 45
Homer 12
Lynch 7

When your QB has 2/3 of your rushing yards, mostly from a couple of scramble runs late the game, you have glaring problems with balance.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most telling stat from this game, and reason why Seattle isn't going into Lambeau and winning next week:
Wilson 45
Homer 12
Lynch 7

When your QB has 2/3 of your rushing yards, mostly from a couple of scramble runs late the game, you have glaring problems with balance.
Ravens would disagree

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson 45
Homer 12
Lynch 7

I mean... I agree... that said, the Eagles have a top 10 rush defense and the Packers (like Seattle) have a bottom 10 defense and bottom 10 rushing defense (YPC).

I don't think Seattle gets any healthier next week (was hoping Brown would only be out 3 games, but that's season ending)... but Seattle may be able to keep it close. I wouldn't call it a lock for GB by any means.