• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Bye Week Week 5

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
check out the Hawks record in games after a bye the past 3 years.
2022 Loss
2021 Loss
2020 Loss

I bring up the past 3 years because that's more relevant than teams before 2020. To much has changed from the 2010-2019 teams. Scheme players coaches etc etc. I mean they lost to the RAIDER in SEATTLE. Yeah that 6-11 Raiders team.
2 of those 3 went into OT so it's not like we were pummeled and unprepared... 2020... meh... There were no fans in the stands...

2022: Loss was to the Raiders... Our defense let us down that game... Our defense seems to be playing better... We were 6-4 coming out of the buy so it's not like we were on fire...
2021: Russell Wilson was terrible in that game... 2 INT's... He's not on the roster... 3-5 coming out of the bye so it's not like we were a good team...
2020: Another bad game by RW... 3 INT's... No fans in the stands... Again, he's not on the roster... 5-0 coming out of the bye so that was a bad loss...

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of those 3 went into OT so it's not like we were pummeled and unprepared... 2020... meh... There were no fans in the stands...

We may lose on Sunday. But it has nothing to do with our past performances. IIRC, Pete's record before the last 4 years was really good. It's all variance.

More importantly, we hopefully will have the healthiest team for a game this season. Doesn't mean we will win. But I'm super excited to see how we play this Sunday as I think this could really tell us where the team actually is.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may lose on Sunday. But it has nothing to do with our past performances. IIRC, Pete's record before the last 4 years was really good. It's all variance.

More importantly, we hopefully will have the healthiest team for a game this season. Doesn't mean we will win. But I'm super excited to see how we play this Sunday as I think this could really tell us where the team actually is.
Bingo! If we lose, it's not because Pete doesn't get the team ready to play after a bye or because they're playing at 10am EST... It's because they play in the NFL and the Bengals are a very good team at home and look to have figured they're offense out...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo! If we lose, it's not because Pete doesn't get the team ready to play after a bye or because they're playing at 10am EST... It's because they play in the NFL and the Bengals are a very good team at home and look to have figured they're offense out...

Honestly, this Sunday will tell us if our defense is good, average or hot trash.

Last year, after we played the Giants, everyone thought our defense had turned a corner and was legit. Turned out that the Giants offense was just trash.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, this Sunday will tell us if our defense is good, average or hot trash.

Last year, after we played the Giants, everyone thought our defense had turned a corner and was legit. Turned out that the Giants offense was just trash.
Yep... Our defense is leading the NFL in giving up 18 catches to receivers per game so it's going to be a great measuring stick on where we're at... We all know that that offense has weapons and their QB can sling the rock...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And FTR, the Hawks are 12-11 since 2003 following a bye week... They're not as terrible as some like to think... Interesting to see that all the West Coast teams are under the Seahawks...

1697081746559.png

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... Our defense is leading the NFL in giving up 18 catches to receivers per game so it's going to be a great measuring stick on where we're at... We all know that that offense has weapons and their QB can sling the rock...

This will, hopefully, be the first game where we have Riq, Spoon, and Brown playing plus Coby. That will make a difference.

IMO, having Riq and Spoon against the Giants helped the line get 11 sacks, granted Spoon got 2 of them.

We'll see on Sunday though. Sadly I have to watch on tape delay as I have to go to a college parent weekend.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And FTR, the Hawks are 12-11 since 2003 following a bye week... They're not as terrible as some like to think... Interesting to see that all the West Coast teams are under the Seahawks...

View attachment 342919
I think there's some recency bias because we lost to the Raiders last year but I believe under Pete, the team is 8-4 off the bye. The early Holmgren years were not good, iirc.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams has cleared concussion protocol and Cross and Haynes are practicing and look good to go so far which is good news. A question for you guys. Do you like keeping Bradford in opposite Haynes or moving Evan Brown over and giving Oluwatimi reps at center? Or something else? Personally, I want to see Bradford continue to get more snaps and this looks like a bad weather game so we should run the ball a lot and his size and strength would be an asset. But I really like what little I've seen from Olu as well. I'm pretty optimistic either way here because I believe Walker and Charbonnet will be able to run on the Bengals. I would prefer it to be straight uphill though and not trying to get too fancy with the side to side shit. Make a hole and hit the hole and wear them down and control the clock. A lot easier for our defense to neutralize Chase and Burrow if we can get a lead and limit their chances on offense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams has cleared concussion protocol and Cross and Haynes are practicing and look good to go so far which is good news. A question for you guys. Do you like keeping Bradford in opposite Haynes or moving Evan Brown over and giving Oluwatimi reps at center? Or something else? Personally, I want to see Bradford continue to get more snaps and this looks like a bad weather game so we should run the ball a lot and his size and strength would be an asset. But I really like what little I've seen from Olu as well. I'm pretty optimistic either way here because I believe Walker and Charbonnet will be able to run on the Bengals. I would prefer it to be straight uphill though and not trying to get too fancy with the side to side shit. Make a hole and hit the hole and wear them down and control the clock. A lot easier for our defense to neutralize Chase and Burrow if we can get a lead and limit their chances on offense.

You know what I like? That, for the first time in the Pete era, we actually have to make decisions on which player is actually our best option versus the usual which player is the least worst.

Andy Dickerson might have been the low key best coach hiring this team has had in 10 years.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I like? That, for the first time in the Pete era, we actually have to make decisions on which player is actually our best option versus the usual which player is the least worst.

Andy Dickerson might have been the low key best coach hiring this team has had in 10 years.
What a far cry from the days of Tom Cable we are at this point. Have to say, we've hit on the draft pretty well also.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Brown at center but i'd rather see Bradford get more reps...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos might be getting close to cutting frank Clark heard on kjr

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks... Past his prime and he doesn't fit our new defensive scheme...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2022: Loss was to the Raiders... Our defense let us down that game... Our defense seems to be playing better... We were 6-4 coming out of the buy so it's not like we were on fire...
2021: Russell Wilson was terrible in that game... 2 INT's... He's not on the roster... 3-5 coming out of the bye so it's not like we were a good team...
2020: Another bad game by RW... 3 INT's... No fans in the stands... Again, he's not on the roster... 5-0 coming out of the bye so that was a bad loss...

Were they losses? Yes. were 2 of them against bad teams? yes. Was one AT HOME against a bad team? Yes.
Before the Bye ( Minus the Tampa game ) they were playing lights out so it wasn't like they were NOT on fire. they were 4-1 going into that game over the past 5 weeks.
Small sample size theater
Yes but relevant and 3 year period isn't that small of a sample when we are talking about "After" the Bye week. That's 3 years in a row. even if we go back 5 years they are 2-3 after the bye lol You have to go back 6 years to be at .500 and thats just stupid thinking about how much things change in the NFL over just 2 to 3 years. 6 Years ago ( 2017 ) Thomas, Kam, Bennett, Sherman, Wright, Wagner, Griffin, S. Richardson, F. Clark, J. Reed were all playing together on the defense.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 342919

their 7-3 under Pete Carroll with the LOB intact but after 2018 how has that record been? They were DOMINANT in Bye week games right, when the LoB was here ( which i stated ) how have they been since? Not so hot now is it? The last 3 years in a row with a loss. Thats more relevant than 10-20 years ago. Hawks had a STUPIDLY good Defense for a long time for NFL standards ( 5-6 years ) and those teams had great success. One very good game by the defense doesn't make me think they are LoB 2.0 and i will bet thousands of dollars we wont have another 11 sack game this Sunday lol.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of recent losses coming out of the bye, did anyone else get reminded of last year's Josh Jacobs fumble reversal last night when Denver's RB got knocked back and then fumbled at the end of the game? Last year they told us Jacobs' fumble didn't count because his forward progress had been stopped. Seemed not much different than what I saw last night.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No thanks... Past his prime and he doesn't fit our new defensive scheme...

Just reported on NFL that he's bee released. I wouldn't mind if the Hawks at least kick the tires. Clark is still just 30 and has been at a steady 5-6 sacks/yr for the past 3 seasons. That isn't super impressive or anything, but it's at least possible he's an upgrade over the worst DE on the roster, and he's certainly not going to be expensive.