• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks inconsistent offense

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have played 3 games this year (Rams, Cards, Bucs) where they haven't scored a TD. And a 4th game (Dolphins) where they went 59 mins without scoring a TD. In those 4 games they have scored 26 total points

In their 7 other games they have scored 198 points averaging 28 points per game.

I get that our offensive line is bad (that's at least been consistent) but I don't get why we will look so efficient in some games and look absolutely putrid in other games

And it's not like we're facing the Steel Curtain in those games either. Miami, Arizona, LA, and Tampa have all given up 30+ pts this year defensively. Yet we've mustered a measly 26 pts in those 4 games.

Gonna tune into KJR this week to hear Hugh Millen and Mike Holmgren break down the game. Really curious to know what the Bucs did differently against us that the Eagles, Bills, and Pats didn't do.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bevell was his old self today, calling bubble screens and running the FB in I formation on 3rd and 1. pitiful, pitiful stuff. oh and waiting until 6 minutes were left in the game to throw to jimmy. not even an attempt to get wilson out of the pocket, just let him get killed all day when we knew our OL was not getting the job done. giving up 6 sacks to a team that averages 2 per game? pathetic

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bevell was his old self today, calling bubble screens and running the FB in I formation on 3rd and 1. pitiful, pitiful stuff. oh and waiting until 6 minutes were left in the game to throw to jimmy. not even an attempt to get wilson out of the pocket, just let him get killed all day when we knew our OL was not getting the job done. giving up 6 sacks to a team that averages 2 per game? pathetic

Wilson had no time to throw - which makes sense to run bubble screens since there wasn't time for receivers to run longer patterns...

I formation made sense at the time with the poor OL play when trying to gain one yard...

I'm sure Wilson had the option to throw to Graham the entire game... Bevell didn't just finally call a play to go to Graham w/ 6 minutes left in the game...

Starting 3 rookies, while missing a very solid Center in Britt, isn't going to help matters much... Bevell didn't give up 6 sacks...

Stop blaming Bevell/Cable for everything... There has to be a point where Carroll/Schneider are held accountable for giving Cable the cards he's been dealt... Thing about it, Cable was relegated to 3 rookies on the OL today... One of them (LT) has hardly played the position... 2 of the rookies playing today had a total of 4 starts among them... The OL is what it was and that's on Carroll/Schneider... Obvious Carroll/Schneider feel very highly of Cable's ability to turn turds into something useable since that is what they keep giving him each and every year...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson had no time to throw - which makes sense to run bubble screens since there wasn't time for receivers to run longer patterns...

I formation made sense at the time with the poor OL play when trying to gain one yard...

I'm sure Wilson had the option to throw to Graham the entire game... Bevell didn't just finally call a play to go to Graham w/ 6 minutes left in the game...

Starting 3 rookies, while missing a very solid Center in Britt, isn't going to help matters much... Bevell didn't give up 6 sacks...

I wish you just be a realist and stop blaming Bevell/Cable for everything... There has to be a point where Carroll/Schneider are held accountable for given Cable the cards he's been dealt... Thing about it, Cable was relegated to 3 rookies on the OL today... One of them (LT) has hardly played the position... 2 of the rookies playing today had a total of 4 starts among them... The OL is what it was and that's on Carroll/Schneider...

Yeah, I don't see this being Bevell's fault but naturally he is the scapegoat for every loss, every failed third down conversion, and every time I'm late for work.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, Okung is having arguably his worst season since he came into the league... Coincidence? Who knows....

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oline is not just on Carroll/Schneider, seattle has drafted Oline with in the first 4 rounds 5 times since 2014. yeah Cable is as much to blame as Carroll and Schneider. I find it funny that so many teams out there get so much better play from their Oline with less draft stock put into it. Teams are hitting on 5th, 6th and 7th rounders that our better than our high picks.

It was said like 3 years ago that Cable has the final say on the drafting of Oline so there should be fingers pointing at Cable. There are teams out there with lesser talent having more success than the Hawks.

As Far as Bevell, yeah you can't expect him to make icecream out of cow shit. It all starts upfront.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, Okung is having his worst season since he came into the league... Coincidence?

I'd trade Taijuan Walker to get Okung back. That's how bad we need a left tackle.
The Oline is not just on Carroll/Schneider, seattle has drafted Oline with in the first 4 rounds 5 times since 2014. yeah Cable is as much to blame as Carroll and Schneider. I find it funny that so many teams out there get so much better play from their Oline with less draft stock put into it. Teams are hitting on 5th, 6th and 7th rounders that our better than our high picks.

It was said like 3 years ago that Cable has the final say on the drafting of Oline so there should be fingers pointing at Cable.

As Far as Bevell yeah you can't expect him to make icecream out of cow shit. It all starts upfront.

Seriously, the Cowboys have drafted like 3 all pros on their line. We can't even get a competent starter. I don't know if it's the philosophy or if Pete and Schneider just don't know how to scout offensive line but we literally have not hit on a singe offensive linemen in the draft in years.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oline is not just on Carroll/Schneider, seattle has drafted Oline with in the first 4 rounds 5 times since 2014. yeah Cable is as much to blame as Carroll and Schneider. I find it funny that so many teams out there get so much better play from their Oline with less draft stock put into it. Teams are hitting on 5th, 6th and 7th rounders that our better than our high picks. .

Since 2015, not 2014... So basically, he's had about a year and a half... 2 of them are starting...

My bad... Britt was taken in 2014... So we have 3 of them starting...

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Taijuan Walker to get Okung back. That's how bad we need a left tackle.

Seriously, the Cowboys have drafted like 3 all pros on their line. We can't even get a competent starter. I don't know if it's the philosophy or if Pete and Schneider just don't know how to scout offensive line but we literally have not hit on a singe offensive linemen in the draft in years.

I think they need to go away from "what Cable wants" in a olinemen when looking at them. It has not worked once. Even Britt did not work out until he was moved to Center. NO ONE not a single soul thought about him playing Center when he was drafted. Also i believe it has everything to do with how they are coached. Are they really just this bad at drafting talent for the oline? i don't think so.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt our best Olineman was drafted 2nd round 2014

You're right... I missed that... Ifedi, Britt and Glowinski look like they're going to be solid OL for us... I don't have any problems w/ those 3 moving forward...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right... I missed that... Ifedi, Britt and Glowinski look like they're going to be solid OL for us... I don't have any problems w/ those 3 moving forward...
Yeah I think those 3 are keepers, obviously need help at tackles.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All 3 of those cowboys players were drafted in the 1st round...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of those sacks today go to Russell for holding onto the ball too long. He had a terrible day.
It happens.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man was that hard to watch and was pretty embarrassing going into the 3rd quarter with only 1 passing yard in the first half. Im sorry but this loss came because of coaching whether its bevell or Cable or Carroll that performance on offense was an example of a gameplan not working out. Its not one guy on the Oline getting beat its every other player if not multiple players either getting pushed back or getting beat.

If something is not working we all know you have to go to your plan B gameplan, if not then plan C, if all your gameplans do not workout then its your coaching. The deep passes didnt work, short passes didnt work, their defense getting pressure with only 4 rushers, the run game was non-existent, bootlegs, play actions everything didnt work. ITS COACHING

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I can say is that this game was a must win for the bucs if they didnt win this home game they were going to fall 2 behind atlanta and most likely not make the playoffs. Luckly we still hold the #2 seed and honestly we are going to win this division I dont see any of our divisional rivals catching up to us the NFC West is pretty weak this year but I dont want to lose the #2 seed to detriot and not have a first round bye and home game.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I can say is that this game was a must win for the bucs if they didnt win this home game they were going to fall 2 behind atlanta and most likely not make the playoffs. Luckly we still hold the #2 seed and honestly we are going to win this division I dont see any of our divisional rivals catching up to us the NFC West is pretty weak this year but I dont want to lose the #2 seed to detriot and not have a first round bye and home game.

Actually the Giants now own the #2 seed. They're 8-3. Fortunately they have the Steelers, Cowboys, Lions, Eagles, and Redskins left on their schedule. All playoff contending teams.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Giants now own the #2 seed. They're 8-3. Fortunately they have the Steelers, Cowboys, Lions, Eagles, and Redskins left on their schedule. All playoff contending teams.

No. To be #2 seed you have to have the division - which the Giants don't. So, because they are a wild card team - they would have to play all their playoff games on the road. Giants have the second best record right now, but Seattle is the #2 seed. Weird, but probably plays out differently by the time the playoffs come along.