• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2018 offseason thread

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

I read somewhere that the ASJ meeting went very poorly.

I'm pretty happy with this signing. We haven't had a legitimate pass blocking TE since Miller. If Vannett can stay healthy I think TE will be a net positive.

I'm not surprised to hear that. I kinda soured on ASJ toward the end of his college career, even though he was a Husky. He's got talent for sure, but until he gets sober, he's got too much baggage. Besides, I read that he signed with Jacksonville yesterday.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year deal. That’s a surprise.
Vikings must think he puts them over the top to get in done next year now that they've signed Cousins and were already very close to making the SB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings must think he puts them over the top to get in done next year now that they've signed Cousins and were already very close to making the SB.
Probably a good move for the Vikings, not a good move for Sheldon IMO.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... guess Richardson just didn't want to stick around since Seattle reportedly offered the same. His thought process must be he'll be on a much better defense next year in an easier division (pending Rodgers' recovery) and it'll make him look good and then he can command MEGA salary in 2019 so he can get fat and lazy and cash in.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe this means Suh is a lock... Suh lives in the PNW so maybe he is happy to be closer to home and Seattle just let Richardson walk.

IMO Suh is the better player. He's an elite category on PFF compared to above average for Richardson. Was in like a 91 grade the other 83.

Only thing that sucks is 4 year age difference, but I didn't see Seattle giving Richardson some 5 year contract anyway.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reaction exactly.

I think it's team specific. Go to Minny who now has Cousins, mount a Super Bowl run, maybe win the Super Bowl.. which has a chance to be a big part of... and then at 28 years of age go for the MEGA contract with a good season in Seattle and potentially great season in Minny.

Minny has way better odds to win the Super Bowl than we do. I wouldn't be surprised if Richardson said, "I'll go there." And doesn't seem like any team is willing to throw $15M contracts at DTs right now... and Richardson frankly isn't worth that. Gotta remember he's still only 27. He will probably be able to get $15M per if he goes to Minny, does great (probably will because of Minnys great supporting cast) and goes deep in playoffs/wins Super Bowl.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's team specific. Go to Minny who now has Cousins, mount a Super Bowl run, maybe win the Super Bowl.. which has a chance to be a big part of... and then at 28 years of age go for the MEGA contract with a good season in Seattle and potentially great season in Minny.

Minny has way better odds to win the Super Bowl than we do. I wouldn't be surprised if Richardson said, "I'll go there." And doesn't seem like any team is willing to throw $15M contracts at DTs right now... and Richardson frankly isn't worth that. Gotta remember he's still only 27. He will probably be able to get $15M per if he goes to Minny, does great (probably will because of Minnys great supporting cast) and goes deep in playoffs/wins Super Bowl.
Maybe. Got to think he could of found a better offer, with some patience, a multi year deal with someone. Oh well ,Sheldon we barely knew you.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Got to think he could of found a better offer, with some patience, a multi year deal with someone. Oh well Adonis Sheldon we barely knew you.

Yah... I am getting sick of this team trading away draft picks non-stop for veterans... Graham, Brown, Richardson, Harvin... jeebus. I don't see teams constantly winning trading away these high level picks that often. And now it's like the team FINALLY realized, "Oh... I guess our window is over, let's start cutting everyone." instead of letting them walk and trading for picks in the first place.

I am NOT a huge fan of trading picks unless it's a huge bargain value and Harvin, Graham, Richardson (unless we extended), and even Brown were NOT bargain values. Brown was a bargain when it was a 5th and Lane... not a 3rd.

Now we're trying to 'rebuild' (sort of) and we have zero ammunition to do it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah... I am getting sick of this team trading away draft picks non-stop for veterans... Graham, Brown, Richardson, Harvin... jeebus. I don't see teams constantly winning trading away these high level picks that often. And now it's like the team FINALLY realized, "Oh... I guess our window is over, let's start cutting everyone." instead of letting them walk and trading for picks in the first place.

I am NOT a huge fan of trading picks unless it's a huge bargain value and Harvin, Graham, Richardson (unless we extended), and even Brown were NOT bargain values. Brown was a bargain when it was a 5th and Lane... not a 3rd.

Now we're trying to 'rebuild' (sort of) and we have zero ammunition to do it.
This season, next season that changes. I’m against any move to prop up the team short term. All moves should be for putting together a roster that can go for the gold again and that’s a long term goal. No old players that will be gone in two or three years or less. Don’t even worry about 2018, let it be whatever it is.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 the Seahawks could be receiving several comp picks it seems. Be nice to have tons of draft picks and tons of cap space in 2019.

It's possible but it will depend on who we sign as well.