• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Tolzien

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boy from Wisconsin, not the most athletic guy but very, very smart and doesnt make bad throws

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is, do they wanna keep a young guy like this or drop him and make a play for Garrard to put more competition in the mix/emergency qb for injuries?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Question is, do they wanna keep a young guy like this or drop him and make a play for Garrard to put more competition in the mix/emergency qb for injuries?

This is just pure speculation on my part but I don't think the Niners will make a play for Garrard.

All training camp long, the Niners were said to be looking for a veteran backup QB. They brought in Culpepper and Josh McCown for that purpose. They signed McCown but in the end let him go then picked up a Tolzien, an undrafted rookie QB, off of waivers. This, to me, shows that the Niners are not looking for a bandaid fix but are looking forwadr towards the future. Bringing in Garrard will just be another bandaid fix.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well we have to keep tolzien for 2 or 3 week i believe, so we'd have to carry 4 QBs for a while if we did go after Garrard.