• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saturday weddings in the Fall....

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's bad, but I think I can top it.

I had to go to a wedding on New Year's Eve one year, and if that isn't bad enough, when I got there, I learned it was a DRY FUCKING WEDDING. ON NEW YEAR'S EVE, FOR THE SAKE OF ALL FUCKS!!!
Your indignation was noted courtesy of your generous gift:

images.jpg

Dick

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This basically leaves Spring (when everyone else is getting married, so good luck finding a venue) and Fall (when football's on).

I got married on Jan 31st, in NY, which is usually not that bad...but that year there was a massive snow storm two days before. Everything turned out fine but didn't need that extry stress.

The superbowl was the next day, and we were on a plane to Hawaii for the duration. Never thought my team would be in it when we set the date six months earlier.
That threw us for a bit of a curveball. But fortunately @broncosmitty and I still made it
WC.jpg

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's bad, but I think I can top it.

I had to go to a wedding on New Year's Eve one year, and if that isn't bad enough, when I got there, I learned it was a DRY FUCKING WEDDING. ON NEW YEAR'S EVE, FOR THE SAKE OF ALL FUCKS!!!
Please tell me what happened next was the inspiration for The Red Wedding in GoT.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She screwed you on the tax deduction also because the husband could claim her as an exemption. He was married to her for 9 days.
True. But, with a wife, two daughters and three granddaughters, I've been living in the Estrogen Ocean forever it seems. So I'm used to it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did so. In 1979. The same year the evil empire was born. Before then, a team would not be on TV more than once or twice a year.

A friend of mine actually got married the day Ohio State played Oklahoma in 1977 or 1978. There was a TV in a side room where almost the entire male side of the wedding party had camped out there. In what can only be termed "unfortunate" timing, the door opened just as Ohio State scored a huge TD in the game and the entire room erupted in cheers. Even more unfortunate, the Spooners came back to kick a FG and win the game.

I advised both of my sons that summer weddings are best.

I remember that like it was yesterday. I was a 15 year old kid watching football in the living room. It was the day the name Uwe von Schamann became famous.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddy is getting married directly in the smack dab middle of the Iowa - Michigan game on the 5th. I could've even handled Middle Tennessee or Rutgers . But mother fucking Michigan ?? Cone on man

What in theee hell?

Man card revoked.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that story!! Lol. We don’t have any pheasant left out here. Sucks. Band tailed pigeon season for a whole week right now though.

Do you have kids with her? If so, i bet that story gets some run.

I did have one kid with her. One year later to the day. Went pheasant hunting on the Opener, came home and had a couple beers, then she goes into labor.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The superbowl was the next day, and we were on a plane to Hawaii for the duration. Never thought my team would be in it when we set the date six months earlier.

That Joe Namath really made it happen, didn't he?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Who does this? Not to offend any of you who’ve done this, but wth were you thinking?

My younger cousin is getting married this Saturday, 3 and 1/2 hours from Portland, in beautiful Bend, OR.

Nope, Applebee’s gift card in the mail. I would’ve sent them at least an Outback gift card if it was on an NFL Sunday..... but.

Some people are so freggin inconsiderate.

Absolutely passing on a fall wedding on a CFB Saturday. Complete wast of time as the idiots involved clearly have their priorities jacked up and will be divorced within. Few months/years anyway. Screw them. 9 other months for that BS. I have had people ask me to do the same thing and I laugh right in their faces :pound:

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Who does this? Not to offend any of you who’ve done this, but wth were you thinking?

My younger cousin is getting married this Saturday, 3 and 1/2 hours from Portland, in beautiful Bend, OR.

Nope, Applebee’s gift card in the mail. I would’ve sent them at least an Outback gift card if it was on an NFL Sunday..... but.

You think that's bad, my sister got married on December 23.

I got married on December 31, 2003. Ask me if I've ever forgot my anniversary?:dhd:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got married on December 31, 2003. Ask me if I've ever forgot my anniversary?:dhd:
Friend of mine got married on Valentine’s Day. He has forgotten it.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first marriage was on Opening Day of pheasant season. I talked my bride into a 4 o'clock wedding. My best man, groomsmen and I went bird hunting. Made it to the church with 15 minutes to spare.

Clearly it was a first marriage, because one of you was bad at making decisions. I hope she is making better ones now...

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s easy to say that now but wait until the fiancé wants a fall wedding.

My daughter did this, I told her scrub week or bye week. She was smart and chose bye week.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly it was a first marriage, because one of you was bad at making decisions. I hope she is making better ones now...

I still bird hunt and she's not married. I think we are both happy. Hell, we even talk now.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We beat Bend in high school football, back in the dark ages, when I played high school football. But they had a good team. If you do go to Bend, you should watch their football team and see if they are still any good.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We beat Bend in high school football, back in the dark ages, when I played high school football. But they had a good team. If you do go to Bend, you should watch their football team and see if they are still any good.
They’re really bad nowadays. Not as many tough cowboy type kids out there anymore. All the yuppies figures out how amazing Bend is. Also, the population growth of the town has dispersed the talent to the two newer high schools down there.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still bird hunt and she's not married. I think we are both happy. Hell, we even talk now.

I went pheasant hunting in South Dakota a few years back, was a good time...I had a couple of service buddies take me pheasant hunting in Scotland in the 80's...not the same experience at all...still good, but way different.

My Father-in-law was my hunting buddy, I have been bird hunting all over the North America and even a few South American bird hunting trips with him. Unfortunately he has Alzheimer's now, but we still get together and talk about it sometimes, he struggles with remembering what he had for lunch, but some of the things we did 20 years ago, he will pull out details that I had completely forgotten about.