• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saturday Night Live (SNL)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SNL is six n half years older'n me.

Hope Im never one of those, "I quit watching when..." I watched SNL related TV basically the entire day. Best of's, old episodes, and the pre-game to the big 40 Show. Thought they did a very good job with the entire thing. Martin Short got to talk too long, Goodman didn't get enough face time, no Conan, George Wendt (And Da Super Fans) wasn't there, no Jay Mohr, Joe Montana wasn't there, no Jordan either and they didn't play Tracy Morgan and Shaq's "Berrnahd!", but I thought it was damn good.

David Spade cracked me up.... it's was this, er nuthin'. Bu-Bye. Hahaha

Loved Jeopardy! Norm is the man. Thought it was great Adam n Andy did a song together. Thought it was cool that DA and The BassOMatic got thirty seconds too.

And for people that don't like anything new,...... give Pete Davidson a chance. Kid's funny as hell. The new/current cast has a lot of staying power IMO.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be that guy but I thought it kinda sucked tonight? All it was was past cast members/guests doing the same skits with identical jokes we have all heard many times. Eddie Murphy came out and said "Hi" and waved followed by nothing funny. My favorite part was the old Norm MacDonald Weekend Update clip...

"F. Lee Bailey said this week that if the defense only knew what Ron Goldman's last words were, they might be able to find the real killer. You know, if you ask me, Goldman's last words were probably, ah, "Hey, you're O. J. Simpson!" ...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...

Eddie really holds a grudge. It has been 30 years, dude. Get over it.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHORE ADS
LE TITS NOW

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......other than a few Good sketch's, surprise guests = the hour-long red carpet pre-show was much more entertaining,......I watched from 7-pm till about 10:30 nonstop and agreed with Chris rock = tonights show went on way too long..!,.....the NBC commercials killed me, made me wanna change the channel knowing I had about 5-minutes to surf.,......but it was cool seeing the past cast reunite,......and Bradley cooper making out with Betty white was ~hot~...!..........and finally = seeing Cheney chase as an old bloated dude was priceless.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder that the show is just about unwatchable now. It was never as good nor will be again as the early 90's cast. Sandler, Farley, Nealon and the boys.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everyone. Had a great start, but ran a little long. Commercials really piled up at the end. Luckily I taped it and watched about 45 minutes delay so by the end I did not wait for any commercials (5 minutes to spare).

In addition to what you guys mentioned I liked Melissa McCarthy as Matt Foley and I also thought Emma Stone did a decent Roseanne Rosannadanna. Also, Seeing Gilda again made me realize just how under-rated she was.

I have to admit that many of the folks seemed intoxicated when on stage. Chevy Chase was heavily medicated for sure. Bill Murray still sounded good and did an entire skit. Ditto for Jane Curtain. Especially good to see Mike Myers and Dana Carvey together doing dueling Lorne Michaels/Dr. Evil.

I was surprised by no Cheri Oteri and Chris Katan. I really expected to see the Cheerleader skit (Oteri) and the Roxbury skit (Katan) with Ferrell in some of the flashbacks although I could have missed it. They went pretty fast.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be that guy but I thought it kinda sucked tonight? All it was was past cast members/guests doing the same skits with identical jokes we have all heard many times. Eddie Murphy came out and said "Hi" and waved followed by nothing funny. My favorite part was the old Norm MacDonald Weekend Update clip...

"F. Lee Bailey said this week that if the defense only knew what Ron Goldman's last words were, they might be able to find the real killer. You know, if you ask me, Goldman's last words were probably, ah, "Hey, you're O. J. Simpson!" ...

I felt the same. Sorry to be a buzz-kill. Loved the Jeopardy skit and a few other moments. But the majority seemed very rushed and not well put together. I stayed up late to see Eddie but turned it off after Miley Cyrus came on to do her music number. Kept thinking to myself, there's no way that short 30 second dialogue was all they were going to have him do. More than 75% of the people they listed off as cast members for that show only made a 10 second cameo appearance and were never seen again. They wasted a lot of time on the Californians skit. The best part of that entire 20 min skit was when Cooper & Betty White were suckin face. They could have cut out most of the rest.

Also, why didn't they have David Spade onstage during the weekend update thing? He was one of my favorite comedians to hold that job. Norm & Chevy were the best, but Spade was my next favorite.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was great. there were a few misses (Kanye for one) but overall great memories. The Jeopardy skit was hilarious.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt the same. Sorry to be a buzz-kill. Loved the Jeopardy skit and a few other moments. But the majority seemed very rushed and not well put together. I stayed up late to see Eddie but turned it off after Miley Cyrus came on to do her music number. Kept thinking to myself, there's no way that short 30 second dialogue was all they were going to have him do. More than 75% of the people they listed off as cast members for that show only made a 10 second cameo appearance and were never seen again. They wasted a lot of time on the Californians skit. The best part of that entire 20 min skit was when Cooper & Betty White were suckin face. They could have cut out most of the rest.

Also, why didn't they have David Spade onstage during the weekend update thing? He was one of my favorite comedians to hold that job. Norm & Chevy were the best, but Spade was my next favorite.

Spade never did Update, he just did those brief "Hollywood minute" or something segments on there from time to time

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spade never did Update, he just did those brief "Hollywood minute" or something segments on there from time to time

Holy crap you're right... It was a part of Weekend Update but yea he never anchored it. Completely forgot about that.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nealon was my favorite Weekend Update anchor.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have started the show at 6 instead of the morning show red carpet bullshit. Maybe they would have given Eddie Murphy 5 minutes.

Everyone gets a short skit, a second to talk, then we see Kanye do two fucking songs? That one laying on his back looked like he expected to have a girl riding his cock when he was mouthing it. What the hell was that? Kanye will grace you with his presence if he gets 10 minutes?

Maybe next week they will air all eddies skits and be just as good.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I nearly turned it off when Kanye was performing, I don't mind most of his songs but damn did they have to pick his new, boring song to perform? took the funny out of a semi-funny show immediately.

I thought Miley was alright though.

That Californians skit was terrible and way toooooo long. I kept hoping Kristen Wiig would get nude or something so I endured the entire thing

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people actual think the Californians is funny? When it was a staple on the show, I would fast forward through it. I just never understood how it was supposed to be funny. I watched it last night because I wanted to see the cameos, but I still was just :wtf2: the whole time.

How the hell did Miley earn a performance in this massive show? Only part of the show I fast-forwarded through.

The technical crew was HORRIBLE. They were missing their cues from the speakers all night, the camera work during the Jeopardy skit was atrocious and they were really struggling finding the questioners during Seinfeld's bit. Maybe they were drunk as well.

The Wayne's World closer was ok, but it seemed WAY to full of inside jokes. Half the jokes were only intended for the cast members, not the 15M viewers. Had a very strong high-school vibe to it.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tribute to who has past was good so was Jeopardy but why did they let Kanye and Miley have more time than the likes of actual people that made SNL good?

Also, WAY TOO MANY Commercials I think is what killed the flow of the show.

As for that California skit that was awful, like others I never thought it was funny when it aired originally.
Finally Eddie Murphy I wasn't sure if he was just being humble or if he truly needs coke to be funny live?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tribute to who has past was good so was Jeopardy but why did they let Kanye and Miley have more time than the likes of actual people that made SNL good?

Also, WAY TOO MANY Commercials I think is what killed the flow of the show.

As for that California skit that was awful, like others I never thought it was funny when it aired originally.
Finally Eddie Murphy I wasn't sure if he was just being humble or if he truly needs coke to be funny live?

He didn't tell any jokes. He just came out for less than a minute and basically told everyone to fuck off.

Dude, Eddie, you really aren't THAT big of a star to shit on your origins. Ok, you carried the show for a few years while Lorne was off doing whatever he was doing, and when he came back, he kicked you to the curb. We get it. BUT THAT HAPPENED 30 FUCKING YEARS AGO!!! GET OVER IT! You do not have to get on stage and say how great Lorne is/was. Just pay homage to the show that made your career, and have fun. You would have looked a lot better than you did.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't tell any jokes. He just came out for less than a minute and basically told everyone to fuck off.

Dude, Eddie, you really aren't THAT big of a star to shit on your origins. Ok, you carried the show for a few years while Lorne was off doing whatever he was doing, and when he came back, he kicked you to the curb. We get it. BUT THAT HAPPENED 30 FUCKING YEARS AGO!!! GET OVER IT! You do not have to get on stage and say how great Lorne is/was. Just pay homage to the show that made your career, and have fun. You would have looked a lot better than you did.

Oh don't get me wrong he came across looking like a pretentious ass bag after the accolades Chris Rock gave him.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if Eddie wasn't being an asshole, I still doubt he would have been funny. He lost that loooong ago.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, have to agree with everyone else. Eddie should have been in a skit. i don't even care if he didn't bring back any of his characters although I would have killed for some Mr. Robinson, just be in a damn skit. And Kanye was terrible. I would have prefered that he just do Jesus Walks in it's entirety than that bullshit Kim/North song. I really could have done without any of the musical performances. Yes, even Sir Paul. The Californians was rarely funny when it was regular and they could have kept that shit altogether. A little disappointed Chevy didn't do Weekend Update simply because he's Chevy Chase and you're not! Other than that they did a pretty good job. They found a way to squeeze in a lot of iconic characters and guests. I enjoyed it.