• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Santanio Holmes milking injury?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If you're betting on Santonio Holmes' return, the smart money says he will miss the entire preseason as he continues to rehab his surgically repaired foot. So when will he come back? Holmes is such a mercurial personality that people close to the organization don't know what to believe. Is his Lisfranc injury still healing or is he milking the injury to protect his self interests? Holmes, with a $10.75 million cap number in 2014, knows he will be released after the season. That makes this a contract year for him.

If he re-injures his foot, he'll be damaged goods next offseason or, worse, could be forced to retire. So you can bet he'll take his sweet time, hoping to maximize his value. Some people say they wouldn't be shocked to see him in October at the earliest. The minority opinion is that he's dragging it out to avoid training camp, and that he'll crank it up in a couple of weeks to get ready for the season opener. With him, you never know. The Jets are saying all the right things about Holmes' dedication to rehab, but this will become a vexing issue for the team. The other day, he looked like an old man as he walked across the practice field, seemingly playing to the crowd as fans implored him to get well soon.

Sunday notes: The mystery of Tone - Jets Blog - ESPN New York

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Santonio"

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hear Holmes might get cut anyway. We'll see...

There's no way I would push myself to come back from an injury for a preseason game. I'd take my sweet time too.