• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sabres - Major Presser @ 10:30..

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BY-NMFKCIAENPfp.jpg:large

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was using the Bad Luck Brian meme and making it a Bad Luck Ron one.

I'm just making fun of the fact that he won his 1st game on home ice to suddenly being fired the next day. Hence the whole "bad luck" part of it.

I knew he would get fired....I just didn't think it would happen right now is all, but he was clearly in over his head.

Apparently it was even worse. According to the presser, Pegula notified them last night. So he walked out of the locker room post game and got canned.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it was even worse. According to the presser, Pegula notified them last night. So he walked out of the locker room post game and got canned.

Damn, that has to suck, but I really don't think his approach of benching everyone all the time was going to work. I'm sure the players had no desire to win for him at all?

If anything, the Sabres have been fun to talk about from a media standpoint, but I really hope the 3 Ring Circus show ends soon in Buffalo.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well these decisions are not made in one day. This was something that was in the works for a while the fact they won last night but were badly outplayed and shot had nothing to do if they got fired or not. This team has had their asses handed to them way too often had a lot to do with it. Something had to change.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Ted get another chance. I hope things go well for him. LaFontaine thought he was going to get the Isles GM job only to have Snow hired while he was on his way to L.I. to interview for it. It was an ugly situation. I'm happy for Pat. It's been a long time coming.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Boss, IPW - Quick UB question - Is Danny Barrett a coach at UB?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Okay, thanks IPW - His name is being rumo(u)red for a CFL head coaching vacancy.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, fired after a win. That had to be a slug to the ol' guts.

Yeah, must have been like getting cut with a sword of some sort.

Long overdue. And I always liked Nolan. Always felt he got a bad rap from the league. Hope he does well there.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Mike Harrington

Pat LaFontaine said yesterday the search to replace Darcy Regier as general manager is on and reiterated that stance this morning during team president Ted Black's weekly radio show on WGR Radio. He's not kidding.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review is reporting the Sabres will be granted permission to talk to Penguins assistant GM Jason Botterill -- a former Sabres player and rising prospect in NHL executive ranks -- about their vacant post.

Botterill, 37, is in his fifth season with the Penguins and is considered an expert with the salary cap. He spent the last three years of his pro hockey career in the Buffalo organization, including 36 games with the Sabres in 2002-03 and 2003-04.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Mike Harrington

Pat LaFontaine said yesterday the search to replace Darcy Regier as general manager is on and reiterated that stance this morning during team president Ted Black's weekly radio show on WGR Radio. He's not kidding.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review is reporting the Sabres will be granted permission to talk to Penguins assistant GM Jason Botterill -- a former Sabres player and rising prospect in NHL executive ranks -- about their vacant post.

Botterill, 37, is in his fifth season with the Penguins and is considered an expert with the salary cap. He spent the last three years of his pro hockey career in the Buffalo organization, including 36 games with the Sabres in 2002-03 and 2003-04.

I would really like to see Botterill get the job.

I like the idea that he's not a guy that's been around to a bunch of different GM jobs.

I like having Lafontaine and Nolan in the mix and I think that Botterill as the young blood would be a great fit to go with the more experienced guys. And that's exactly why I don't want Dudley or Smith.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not wasting any time that's for sure.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Botterill also has three more World Junior Championship gold medals than Kevin Lowe...