• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sabres - Major Presser @ 10:30..

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm just waiting for the presser that the Syracuse Bulldogs of the Federal League have hired Rolston as their next head coach.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with this.

How happy would you be as a season ticket holder if you knew that there was really no point in going to the rest of the games because your team wasn't going to be trying to win? - Hell; even the fans of the visiting team who show up, as much as they want to see their team win, are hoping for an exciting game out of it for their time & money spent.

thats the risk you take when you make the financial committment of being a STH

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with this.

How happy would you be as a season ticket holder if you knew that there was really no point in going to the rest of the games because your team wasn't going to be trying to win? - Hell; even the fans of the visiting team who show up, as much as they want to see their team win, are hoping for an exciting game out of it for their time & money spent.

If they started the season like this I understand it to be part of the rebuild I've been a season ticket holder in nothing but mediocre years with the Canucks I find that even more unbearable

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams can turn it around pretty fast in this league, I'm not talking a year, but two or three is doable and one thing Nolan does do well working with young players RR was making a mess out of it. This idiot benched his top line against Anaheim for 26 minutes and they were not even on the ice for any Ducks goals! He puts a young player Gregs on the forth line with Scott then benches him for not producing? His moves were making no sense.

Time will tell.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem with the Oilers haven't been their 1st round selections (although Alex Plante and Riley Nash were two bad first round selections, it's been their drafting in rounds two through seven). Look at the Hawks for example, yeah they got Toews and Kane with high first round picks, but Duncan Keith was selected in the 2nd round and Seabrook was a mid-round pick in the 1st round (14th overall). Shea Weber was selected in the 2nd round by Nashville. You need to fill out your roster with quality picks in the later parts of the 1st round and 2nd round and Edmonton has not been able to do this.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem with the Oilers haven't been their 1st round selections (although Alex Plante and Riley Nash were two bad first round selections, it's been their drafting in rounds two through seven). Look at the Hawks for example, yeah they got Toews and Kane with high first round picks, but Duncan Keith was selected in the 2nd round and Seabrook was a mid-round pick in the 1st round (14th overall). Shea Weber was selected in the 2nd round by Nashville. You need to fill out your roster with quality picks in the later parts of the 1st round and 2nd round and Edmonton has not been able to do this.

Problem with Canucks is they rarely make a good 1st round selection let alone a later pick (although the last couple look good)

But I don't want the derail and dirty the thread with oiler talk :)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to wrap it up (and sorry for the derail Boss), these days you should be able to find a good player in the top 10 of any draft year. Obviously, the higher you draft, the better your chances, but there are no guarantees. It's filling out your roster in later rounds that is just as important.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to wrap it up (and sorry for the derail Boss), these days you should be able to find a good player in the top 10 of any draft year. Obviously, the higher you draft, the better your chances, but there are no guarantees. It's filling out your roster in later rounds that is just as important.

That's OK at my age you get used to talking to yourself. LOL

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not qualified esls.

I felt bad for Rolston honestly.

I don't think he was cut out to be an NHL coach to begin with, then he gets thrown into a horrible situation where there was no hope of doing well. He didn't help his own cause, but he seemed like a guy who could have had a decent career as an AHL coach, but my moving up and failing so miserably, he might be out of that now even.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt bad for Rolston honestly.

I don't think he was cut out to be an NHL coach to begin with, then he gets thrown into a horrible situation where there was no hope of doing well. He didn't help his own cause, but he seemed like a guy who could have had a decent career as an AHL coach, but my moving up and failing so miserably, he might be out of that now even.

No doubt he was in over his head. It's interesting that Patty just said on the radio that when he introduced Nolan to the team today they stood and gave him a nice round of applause. I don't think the team was happy with RR and that's no secret when a new player like Moulson makes a comment like he did after being here only two games.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find almost more important

As you say top picks are easy

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High draft picks, what are those? My team hasn't heard of those.

Congrats BOSS, and I'm happy for Ted Nolan and of course the old Michigan boy Pat LaFontaine...

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High draft picks, what are those? My team hasn't heard of those.

Congrats BOSS, and I'm happy for Ted Nolan and of course the old Michigan boy Pat LaFontaine...

Thanks higgy. Patty said he has a list of potential GM's that he wants to talk to, one that has won a Stanley Cup but he can't talk to most because they are under contract right now. On the radio they are guessing Neil Smith may be one of them but who knows. I think Patty is well respected and smart. Like they were saying Free agents may view coming here differently now with Patty instead of Darcy so that should help.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks higgy. Patty said he has a list of potential GM's that he wants to talk to, one that has won a Stanley Cup but he can't talk to most because they are under contract right now. On the radio they are guessing Neil Smith may be one of them but who knows. I think Patty is well respected and smart. Like they were saying Free agents may view coming here differently now with Patty instead of Darcy so that should help.

Hey, it's worked so far in Colorado...

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jPavEkP.jpg

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you upset by this?

I was using the Bad Luck Brian meme and making it a Bad Luck Ron one.

I'm just making fun of the fact that he won his 1st game on home ice to suddenly being fired the next day. Hence the whole "bad luck" part of it.

I knew he would get fired....I just didn't think it would happen right now is all, but he was clearly in over his head.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was using the Bad Luck Brian meme and making it a Bad Luck Ron one.

I'm just making fun of the fact that he won his 1st game on home ice to suddenly being fired the next day. Hence the whole "bad luck" part of it.

I knew he would get fired....I just didn't think it would happen right now is all, but he was clearly in over his head.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a dick. Hey, WGR is going to have some good interviews with Hamilton and some players coming up if you have access to their web site or radio.

I crapped out on the UB game last night, damn, they made a game of it but fell short. Shit!!!