• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban upset he's only getting 1 week between semi and title game

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual the resident saban cock sucker deflects. You played a night game in Texas to start the season then again that next Saturday. Didn't hear saban say "think about the players" after that. It's comical. In fact it's obvious Nick don't like back to back road games unless he has a bye week before or between them. You'll have to go back to 2010 the last time bama had back to back road games during the season without a bye before or between. Figures. How much cock suckers like you greasing those SEC officials to make sure your schedule is sweet for daddy nick?

For somebody who has never stepped foot on campus in Tuscaloosa and has never attended a game in person, he sure does get defensive and butt hurt if anybody talks about his man negatively......

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez Nick playing every week something new to you?

I could see a friday game during the holidays and then about 9 days later on a monday the week after New years.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is focusing on the first part of his statement...but this is at the heart of the matter IMHO. While I agree with Saban (and Petersen on the PAC 12 after dark stuff for that matter), I find it strange that both he and Petersen (and their universities and conferences) are now complaining about something both have benefitted from when their conferences/schools sold out to the media long, long ago. The conferences/schools agreed to let the media/tv decide who, when and what time they get fucked by accepting their money/conditions. No one to blame but themselves for selling EVERYTHING out to the almighty dollar.

"Someone has to think about the players," Saban said, "and not what's convenient for the media or TV."

Sorry Nick, you and your ilk gave up the authority to decide these things back in your money grab agreements with the media. Guess you'll get the chance to renegotiate those terms when the contract is over.

The little midget is being hypocritical here. He's claiming he's thinking about the players, but is quick to pull a scholarship and cut a player if he doesn't live up to expectations.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look this up on Mapquest.

New Orleans to Tuscaloosa 291 miles
Tuscaloosa to Atlanta 202 miles

LMAO...that is wimpy travel...at least by West Texas standards. We travel 90 miles just to go to the doctor or have lunch.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For somebody who has never stepped foot on campus in Tuscaloosa and has never attended a game in person, he sure does get defensive and butt hurt if anybody talks about his man negatively......

You're kind of being an elitist prick for a fan of the original T-Shirt U.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Saban coached team is hard enough to beat with a week to prepare let alone several. Saban knows this and if he can get it pushed back in the future it increases his chances of winning. It has nothing to do with the players they've played one game in a month.

Why do people act like they can make any changes this year, or that other years even needed changes? You guys act like Saban is trying to get extra time this year - when that is literally impossible.

Either you can't read/comprehend what I was saying here. IN THE FUTURE means not this season. A Saban coached team in a bowl game has been very difficult to beat because he is a great coach and having that long to prepare is almost an automatic win for Alabama. The guy is always thinking ahead lobbying for the future.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either you can't read/comprehend what I was saying here. IN THE FUTURE means not this season. A Saban coached team in a bowl game has been very difficult to beat because he is a great coach and having that long to prepare is almost an automatic win for Alabama. The guy is always thinking ahead lobbying for the future.

I hope that is what he's doing. I love when my coach does coachy shit with long term payoffs...means he's planning ahead for future playoffs he plans to be a part of. If he's thinking about getting an edge for next time, he's not thinking about retirement.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that is what he's doing. I love when my coach does coachy shit with long term payoffs...means he's planning ahead for future playoffs he plans to be a part of. If he's thinking about getting an edge for next time, he's not thinking about retirement.

The guys record in bowl games speaks for it's self at least at Alabama and he knows that. He' lobbying to get more time to prepare it's that simple and smart on his part. I have know idea why he would retire unless he had health issues that forced him to retire.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys record in bowl games speaks for it's self at least at Alabama and he knows that. He' lobbying to get more time to prepare it's that simple and smart on his part. I have know idea why he would retire unless he had health issues that forced him to retire.

I already posted it, but it was like 12 days in 2014, 11 in 2015, 9 days last year and only 7 days this year(6 in a way because Alabama didn't get to leave the stadium until after 1am). So this is the quickest turnaround for a game thus far.

The reason for the change in days is solely so ESPN can fit the Monday night time slot.

I know some people just want to troll because it's Saban, but it's not a complaint without reason and I'm guessing it's something all coaches who make it to this game would agree on.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet little nicky was thinking they would be playing the sooners and had all his coaches thinking about game planning for Ou then Georgia decided to crash the party.........

Yep, because there was a chance they were going to move the game time for him.

I feel like I need to be doing that terrible comedian thing "Here's your sign" sometimes.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, because there was a chance they were going to move the game time for him.

I feel like I need to be doing that terrible comedian thing "Here's your sign" sometimes.

Not sure who has the biggest vagina.

You? Saban? Jenna Jameson?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone talking bad about Alabama or Nick Saban ever has no clue what they are talking about. Or they’re just “butthurt.”

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who has the biggest vagina.

You? Saban? Jenna Jameson?

Stop getting fucked by dudes and you'll learn how to tell.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The little midget is being hypocritical here. He's claiming he's thinking about the players, but is quick to pull a scholarship and cut a player if he doesn't live up to expectations.
And that’s a mic drop right there. And cue the Gump phony outrage....

9XHl18c.gif

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet little nicky was thinking they would be playing the sooners and had all his coaches thinking about game planning for Ou then Georgia decided to crash the party.........
I'd think this would be a lot easier for Nicky to prepare for than OU would have been. The old adage with the teacher and the pupil. "I taught you everything you know. But, I didn't teach you everything I know."

And all four teams knew that'd only have a week to prep for the next game if they won. None would admit it in public, but I'd be willing to bet all four teams spent a little time preparing for the two teams in the other semifinal. Treated that month off kind of like preseason/spring ball. "We've got Navy that 6th game of the year so let's spend a little time practicing against that crazy option thing right now."

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came in here looking for 4thDown smacking fools.

Not disappointed

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread isnt about oklahoma, it is about saban cryin cuz his players destroyed their bodies to secure a win, he sacrificed too many pawns
This isn’t about Saban worrying about players’heslth. It’s about giving him more time to prep and scout his opponent.

The army of assistants and advisors they employ when he has more than one week to prepare he’s practically unbeatable.

One week to prepare and he loses that advantage.

“The players’ health” is his go to excuse when he wants to change rules to his advantage

See also him trying to stop tempo offenses.