• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban upset he's only getting 1 week between semi and title game

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice between the NFC and AFC Championships and the Super Bowl

LOL

History has shown that when there isn't an extra week between conference championship games and the Super Bowl, the game is usually a whole lot more competitive.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, why in the world would anyone want to see 2 teams with fresh players who have had time to practice a gameplan before playing in the biggest game of the year?
Because then the game is all about schemes.

When a team has played 2-3 tough games in consecutive weeks before a big matchup, that's when you see who they really are.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Saban has more time to prepare than Georgia as they have to make a cross country journey back from California.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's happening on January 28th?

Do they have a week off this year?

I honestly don't know. Haven't paid attention.

But I do know this:

Not one NFL team will have had an entire month off between their last regular season game and their first post season game.

Alabama has played one game...one...since Thanksgiving!

They need more than 7 days rest after having an entire month off?

If that's true, then college football is in pitiful shape.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say most any coach who's done the same turn around would agree. What would the coach that's done it 3 out of the past 4 years know about it?

At the end of the day it's the same for all teams, so it's not like he's looking for an advantage.

But I mean, when has the truth ever stopped people from bashing Saban?

A Saban coached team is hard enough to beat with a week to prepare let alone several. Saban knows this and if he can get it pushed back in the future it increases his chances of winning. It has nothing to do with the players they've played one game in a month.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine what it will be like when it goes to an 8-team playoff.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Alabamaians were tough?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess St Nick prepared for the wrong team.
I mean, who knew.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Saban has more time to prepare than Georgia as they have to make a cross country journey back from California.

Not that this has anything to do with comparing the 2 teams, but: Georgia played early and was on a plane before Alabama was even out of the stadium.

But they still didn't make it home until 4:30 am. Alabama had to stay the night and didn't make it back until yesterday afternoon, 6 days until the game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because then the game is all about schemes.

When a team has played 2-3 tough games in consecutive weeks before a big matchup, that's when you see who they really are.

That's just a dumb.

As I already pointed out, normally teams get around 10 days for these things, give or take a day. The only reason they have 7 this year is because they want the National Championship on a Monday night in place of the NFL.

All these other reasons you guys are making up are just bullshit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Saban coached team is hard enough to beat with a week to prepare let alone several. Saban knows this and if he can get it pushed back in the future it increases his chances of winning. It has nothing to do with the players they've played one game in a month.

Why do people act like they can make any changes this year, or that other years even needed changes? You guys act like Saban is trying to get extra time this year - when that is literally impossible.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were in Saban's shoes, knowing the beat down his team is about to receive, I'd be trying to delay the inevitable for as long as possible too.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't about the players, this is Saban wanting more time to prepare. He's a great coach, and he's even better with time to prepare. He doesn't get as much as he would like for the coaching/preparation to maximize the advantage his team has from his coaching/preparation.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is he crying that they make the NCG every year lol. He is only saying this bc Bama has injuries, if his team was completely healthy he wouldn’t have said anything

Your talking about the same guy who was adamant about how bad HUNH offenses were bad for football b/c of "player safety". Now he's using some HUNH in his offense. Anyway, why is Saban always bitching about something? And why does he look pissed all the time? Don't get me wrong, I would take Saban as our coach in a heartbeat, but fuck's sake that guy needs to enjoy life sometime......

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your talking about the same guy who was adamant about how bad HUNH offenses were bad for football b/c of "player safety". Now he's using some HUNH in his offense. Anyway, why is Saban always bitching about something? And why does he look pissed all the time? Don't get me wrong, I would take Saban as our coach in a heartbeat, but fuck's sake that guy needs to enjoy life sometime......

FYI - Pac12 coaches bitch about this same thing often, except nobody cares.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual the resident saban cock sucker deflects. You played a night game in Texas to start the season then again that next Saturday. Didn't hear saban say "think about the players" after that. It's comical. In fact it's obvious Nick don't like back to back road games unless he has a bye week before or between them. You'll have to go back to 2010 the last time bama had back to back road games during the season without a bye before or between. Figures. How much cock suckers like you greasing those SEC officials to make sure your schedule is sweet for daddy nick?

"As usual the resident saban cock sucker deflects." Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention, UGA had to play an extra game in the SECCG, while Bama and Saban had more time to prepare for Clemson. Tell that midget to calm his tits......