• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban signs Bama extension... Texas meltdown in 3... 2... 1...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. Take a few rumors, post them as fact, fill in the details. There is no way in hell anyone from "chatsports" would have such information of the entire process.

The whole 10 million a year rumor has been going on for years too.

:lame:

I like how a Bama booster makes a comment to Saban after the Iron Bowl that rubs him the wrong way :rollseyes: somehow I don't believe that one

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how a Bama booster makes a comment to Saban after the Iron Bowl that rubs him the wrong way :rollseyes: somehow I don't believe that one

And how they know Saban is upset about it so badly that he is just gonna up and leave over it.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban signs Bama extension ... Bama meltdown in 3... 2... 1...

He signed, he's not going to Texas. Make avatar bets with those who write otherwise.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban signs Bama extension ... Bama meltdown in 3... 2... 1...

He signed, he's not going to Texas. Make avatar bets with those who write otherwise.
Did Charlie just wake up from a 5 day coma?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we know:

1. Texas never offered Saban a job.
2. Saban never accepted a job that did not even exist.

All the rest is just message board clowning and wild rumor mongering.

However, Saban was a bit of a dick to Alabama with his silence.
He could have signed the papers or made a statement when it got so out of control.
Instead he didn't say a word and extorted another 2 million from the State.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we know:

He could have signed the papers or made a statement when it got so out of control.
1. An offer was made to his agent through a third party. If you read between the lines of everyone's statements this is apparent no other reason for the UA officials to make another offer to him less than a year from the last.

2. The job does exist they are trying to fill it now and tried to fill it over the last month.

Now I agree the rumors got out of hand and it was insane some of the emails I got during this period and what they were saying. However if you really think about it Saban is perceived as the best coach in the country and the leadership wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't make a run at him. I don't blame Texas for trying, I don't blame UA for ponying up to keep Saban and I'm not surprised he stayed.

But let's not pretend an offer wasn't made through some channel that is just plain naive.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we know:

He has said on several occasions that he isn't going anywhere, too old to start over, happy in T Town en sech but all errbody wants to say is "Blah blah blah Miami". It's not his fault the media and peoples "sources" won't shut up about it. He's earned every penny regardless.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, agree with WT. There was never an "official" offer made, but 'Bama didn't give Saban that bump in pay out of the kindness of their hearts.

I'm sure some Texas "insider" spoke to Saban's agent and said "This is what Texas is willing to pay". Saban's agent then goes back to 'Bama and gives them the number and 'Bama paid what was needed to keep him.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, agree with WT. There was never an "official" offer made, but 'Bama didn't give Saban that bump in pay out of the kindness of their hearts.

I'm sure some Texas "insider" spoke to Saban's agent and said "This is what Texas is willing to pay". Saban's agent then goes back to 'Bama and gives them the number and 'Bama paid what was needed to keep him.

I am sure a lot of things happened and in 5-10 yrs the story will make a great 30 for 30

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. An offer was made to his agent through a third party. If you read between the lines of everyone's statements this is apparent no other reason for the UA officials to make another offer to him less than a year from the last.

2. The job does exist they are trying to fill it now and tried to fill it over the last month.

Now I agree the rumors got out of hand and it was insane some of the emails I got during this period and what they were saying. However if you really think about it Saban is perceived as the best coach in the country and the leadership wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't make a run at him. I don't blame Texas for trying, I don't blame UA for ponying up to keep Saban and I'm not surprised he stayed.

But let's not pretend an offer wasn't made through some channel that is just plain naive.

Make sure you include yourself in those posts indicating you thought he was leaving or this shit was real serious, which it was not! Read my words: HE WAS NEVER LEAVING!!! All you people with sources are a joke. Falling for the typical first thing you hear that might make you yhink you have some kind of inside information. :laugh3: The game by his agent was played like they all do but he got the raise because he has done more then any other active coach and Kevin Sumlin just got a raise very close to his which changed the market. Alabama aint messing around. They stepped up and did what they should have done.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure you include yourself in those posts indicating you thought he was leaving or this shit was real serious, which it was not! Read my words: HE WAS NEVER LEAVING!!! All you people with sources are a joke. Falling for the typical first thing you hear that might make you yhink you have some kind of inside information. :laugh3: The game by his agent was played like they all do but he got the raise because he has done more then any other active coach and Kevin Sumlin just got a raise very close to his which changed the market. Alabama aint messing around. They stepped up and did what they should have done.
BT,

We had a gentlemen's agreement in place not to respond to each other's post one which you are continuously ignoring. A person of character would honor their agreement and when you do not make no mistake it is trolling. I have watched as you copied and commented on well over 5 of my posts lately (not just in this thread) and you have tried several times to call me out.

There is nothing positive that can come out of you and I making any kind of exchange on these bds it simply doesn't work so I am respectfully asking that you control your urges, back away and ignore my posts as I have done with you.

Respectfully,

WT

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BT,

We had a gentlemen's agreement in place not to respond to each other's post one which you are continuously ignoring. A person of character would honor their agreement and when you do not make no mistake it is trolling. I have watched as you copied and commented on well over 5 of my posts lately (not just in this thread) and you have tried several times to call me out.

There is nothing positive that can come out of you and I making any kind of exchange on these bds it simply doesn't work so I am respectfully asking that you control your urges, back away and ignore my posts as I have done with you.

Respectfully,

WT

If you can find the post where I agreed, I will be more then happy to honor your request but I only remember you asking for that, never me accepting. You too have made indirect posts toward me that is consistent with you trying to get a little dig in all while trying to create some kind of image for you in this little world we call SportsHoopla! You are the king of wiggle. You always try to leave yourself an out. I've noticed a glaring change in your posts too. You started posting nothing but smart ass comments about Alabama and always on a personal basis. Not posting facts about the program just being a little school boy brat attacking Saban and the fans with personal smart ass remarks. Never provoked either! Just posting shit with no substance which anyone can say about any fan. Good thing everyone isn't like that! So if my posts bother you, I got a couple suggestions, ignore me, don't read them or just go away quietly. Thanks! :suds:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can find the post where I agreed, I will be more then happy to honor your request but I only remember you asking for that, never me accepting. You too have made indirect posts toward me that is consistent with you trying to get a little dig in all while trying to create some kind of image for you in this little world we call SportsHoopla! You are the king of wiggle. You always try to leave yourself an out. I've noticed a glaring change in your posts too. You started posting nothing but smart ass comments about Alabama and always on a personal basis. Not posting facts about the program just being a little school boy brat attacking Saban and the fans with personal smart ass remarks. Never provoked either! Just posting shit with no substance which anyone can say about any fan. Good thing everyone isn't like that! So if my posts bother you, I got a couple suggestions, ignore me, don't read them or just go away quietly. Thanks! :suds:
Welcome to the 85% club dumb ass.

While you are at it grow a set and actually root for the team from the school you attended instead of jumping on the bandwagon of a better program. You have zero integrity, you won't honor your agreements and wrap your own self esteem around a program you have no actual ties while turning your back on an institution that actually tried to better you.

Oklahoma State is lucky you won't claim them and even Alabama doesn't deserve you.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL at Aggy paying a coach who has finished 4th and 5th in his conference, just had 4 losses and has never won at a program with his own recruits or ever recruited his own QB. Aggy definitely ejaculated prematurely on that one :L

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the 85% club dumb ass.

While you are at it grow a set and actually root for the team from the school you attended instead of jumping on the bandwagon of a better program. You have zero integrity, you won't honor your agreements and wrap your own self esteem around a program you have no actual ties while turning your back on an institution that actually tried to better you.

Oklahoma State is lucky you won't claim them and even Alabama doesn't deserve you.

What the hell are you talking about? NOT only did I attend The University of Alabama, I lettered 3 years, am in the A club and a very active alumni member. Have you lost your mind or lowered your guard long enough for us to see the true WT I've been saying all along? :clap:

Your turn? :suds: