• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ryan clark , Rg3 not his guy

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What confuses me about Ryan's comments is that he NEVER mentions that it was Griffin (and his Dad for crying out loud) who didn't want to be a 'running' QB or utilize the scheme that made him so successful in 2012. Smh.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Clark has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. He fits in perfect at ESPN.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Clark sheds light on RG3-Gruden relationship: 'Hes not his guy' | Comcast SportsNet Washington

any dispute in this ? now clark says gruden didnt adapt to Rg3's skill set while i think Rg3 seems not to want to use it

says marriotta talk will rattle Rg3 ? huh ? we made a huge mistake with him if he cant take that

I sure hope that you are being sarcastic. You are the last guy that I would expect to buy into this type of BS. Clark was on the defensive side - how the hell is he so in tune with the offense? Even if so have you ever thought of the possibility of Clark lying or simply stretching the truth to help benefit his new career (which no doubt will be better than his sorry showing last season)?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope that you are being sarcastic. You are the last guy that I would expect to buy into this type of BS. Clark was on the defensive side - how the hell is he so in tune with the offense? Even if so have you ever thought of the possibility of Clark lying or simply stretching the truth to help benefit his new career (which no doubt will be better than his sorry showing last season)?

hey just quoted what he said . and all i am saying is if Rg3 cant take the competition the we have the wrong guy

clark put his name to the comments so we will see.

i dont like hearing that news either but it all plays into marriotta

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Keim should stick to his own analysis......Remember Gruden was bought here specifically to develop RGIII, not pretend to do so, but actually stick to what was a big factor in his hiring. Part of that development should have been tailoring his offense to what RG does best instead of, foe whatever reason going with the pocket QB style. If he attempted to do this and RG refused then bench his ass immediately until he gets it.
Keim also omitted the fact that Clark said that RG wanted to be a team guy and worked hard at becoming that leader.

Now for all of you who use the "Clark was on the defensive side of the ball" mantra as reasons why he doesn't know what he's talking about. If true, then this team truly sucks, as most teams scout their own teams and would be derelict as professionals in not identifying weaknesses on their team during practices, film sessions etc.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to work tomorrow and demand that my boss adapt to my strengths. How dare he expect me to adapt to his strengths and how he sees fit to run his outfit.

Pompous prick!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to work tomorrow and demand that my boss adapt to my strengths. How dare he expect me to adapt to his strengths and how he sees fit to run his outfit.

Pompous prick!

This would be a pertinent point if you played football for a living. Secondarily, If the company that you worked for hired your boss primarily because he insisted that he could make you the franchise (face of the company) guy without first getting to know and understand who you were or how you operated within that facility, then the onus is on him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK guys lets all take a deep breath and say it with me

RG3 was a mistake.

Now breath again, relax....... Now doesnt it feel better to finally admit it??

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a pertinent point if you played football for a living. Secondarily, If the company that you worked for hired your boss primarily because he insisted that he could make you the franchise (face of the company) guy without first getting to know and understand who you were or how you operated within that facility, then the onus is on him.
But I do not play football for a living. The similarity is that if I've been through multiple bosses and neither of them were able to extract my talents; at what point does it not become my bosses fault but mine?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK guys lets all take a deep breath and say it with me

RG3 was a mistake.

Now breath again, relax....... Now doesnt it feel better to finally admit it??

I'm still not ready to throw in the proverbial towel on RGIII primarily because he has not been properly coached to this point. The hiring of Cavanaugh and Callahan will prove invaluable to his development in the coming season. Looking back there was one voice insisting that the newly drafted QB at the time should be made to sit and learn. Despite the overwhelming opposition here we are, still trying to figure out if he is the guy. I know you don't believe that he is, but honestly, when did this organization take or make the effort to make certain that his footwork was on point? That his film study habits were enviable? His ability to read defenses began at the LOS and ended when the play was successful? or as important for some here that his ego was in check, riding the pine as he either sulked or learned? Rhetorically, never!!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I do not play football for a living. The similarity is that if I've been through multiple bosses and neither of them were able to extract my talents; at what point does it not become my bosses fault but mine?

The point is that you would have gone through multiple bosses....period. The fact that they could not extract your talents is secondary to how afraid they were of their bosses. See, it works like this, if you're still there and they are gone, who failed? Why?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not ready to throw in the proverbial towel on RGIII primarily because he has not been properly coached to this point. The hiring of Cavanaugh and Callahan will prove invaluable to his development in the coming season. Looking back there was one voice insisting that the newly drafted QB at the time should be made to sit and learn. Despite the overwhelming opposition here we are, still trying to figure out if he is the guy. I know you don't believe that he is, but honestly, when did this organization take or make the effort to make certain that his footwork was on point? That his film study habits were enviable? His ability to read defenses began at the LOS and ended when the play was successful? or as important for some here that his ego was in check, riding the pine as he either sulked or learned? Rhetorically, never!!!

Sty... he has had two coaches give up on him at this point. Neither of which are stupid men. The kid is flawed, we made a mistake. If we are lucky he turns out to be a slightly better version of Jason Campbell. But in reality I suspect either Cousins shows enough to be worth resigning, or we are back in we need a QB mode in 12 months....... or less.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that you would have gone through multiple bosses....period. The fact that they could not extract your talents is secondary to how afraid they were of their bosses. See, it works like this, if you're still there and they are gone, who failed? Why?
An owner with terrible foresight?

Last edited:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on Sty... you been on this planet longer than the internet, cell phones and Fm radio... you telling me you have never ONCE seen a case where the head bosses chosen one out lives multiple capable managers for no other reason than he is the bosses nephew?? Now Griffin is not related to Danny, but he was his golden boy. We have already fired one coach mainly because of him.

And now we have the new coach who in the span of about four days went from a stance of completely open QB competition to, well its bobs job to loose. Gruden looked like he was about to choke on his tongue when he named Griffin our "starter" going into 2015.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty... he has had two coaches give up on him at this point. Neither of which are stupid men. The kid is flawed, we made a mistake. If we are lucky he turns out to be a slightly better version of Jason Campbell. But in reality I suspect either Cousins shows enough to be worth resigning, or we are back in we need a QB mode in 12 months....... or less.

When there is a choice to do the right thing or not and the choice in each case is to not do the right thing, then I fairly sure that failure to do so is, by definition stupid. I'm not saying that they are/were stupid men, however when the best chance to become successful in the long term meant sitting the guy and training him, well let's just say that they lacked courage.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When there is a choice to do the right thing or not and the choice in each case is to not do the right thing, then I fairly sure that failure to do so is, by definition stupid. I'm not saying that they are/were stupid men, however when the best chance to become successful in the long term meant sitting the guy and training him, well let's just say that they lacked courage.

And when the guy in question all but refused to sit, and did everything he could to undermine those self same bosses....

Seriously dude when does this BUM get held accountable for anything?? Im half hoping Mariota is there and we do draft him just to hopefully get the RG3 stench off this team.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Sty... you been on this planet longer than the internet, cell phones and Fm radio... you telling me you have never ONCE seen a case where the head bosses chosen one out lives multiple capable managers for no other reason than he is the bosses nephew?? Now Griffin is not related to Danny, but he was his golden boy. We have already fired one coach mainly because of him.

And now we have the new coach who in the span of about four days went from a stance of completely open QB competition to, well its bobs job to loose. Gruden looked like he was about to choke on his tongue when he named Griffin our "starter" going into 2015.

It is a lack of courage that we are talking about. Given the choice between doing the right thing or not, you've gotta admit both of them failed this organization. Best example, notice the flak that SM is getting now for attempting to steer this team towards success. To me that's courage.