• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Visitors Final Weekend (2018 Class)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the final weekend of official visits and Nebraska has packed quite a few in... the Huskers have given most of the kids on campus this weekend the green light to commit as we are looking for 4-8 more spots to be filled in the class. So who's on campus? I'm glad you asked:

Maurice Washington (4-Star, RB) [Cedar Hill, TX] - This will be only be Washington's second official visit of his entire recruitment. His first was to ASU two weekends ago and he almost committed there but a relationship with Ryan Held and Frost won out in the end. There was a brief courtship with Ohio State but both sides moved on after OSU lost their DB coach to the Tennessee Titans. This is going to come down to Arizona State and Nebraska... and Nebraska getting the last shot is good for them.

Ken Montgomery Jr. (4-Star, CB) [Tampa, FL] - It looks like Nebraska is going to get Cam Taylor but miss out on Taiyon Palmer. Montgomery was a heavy Maryland lean late in the process but something about his OV to Maryland didn't sit right with him and he schedule a final OV to Nebraska. The Huskers have a chance to nab a really talented CB here. Once he gets out of basketball and into a weight program for football he will easily get to 180-190 pounds at CB and standing at 6'1" he has length too.

Andre Hunt (3-Star, WR) [Lancaster, CA) - Nebraska is done at WR for recruiting this cycle, that is, unless Hunt wants N. Make no mistake, Hunt has a green light to commit and the speedster from CA might just do it this weekend as well. Nebraska needs a stretch the field speedster at WR and Hunt is that guy. The only reason USC backed off their commitment to him was because of his hands (which, admittedly could be a red flag) but Nebraska's is convinced that he can develop into a sure handed receiver when all is said and done.

Otito Ogbannia (3-Star, NT) [Katy, TX] - It would be a mild shock for Nebraska to pull Ogbannia out of Texas. He has family at Texas Tech but is also really interested in Tennessee. Otito doesn't tip his hand much and he raves about Nebraska's success both in the past in football and in track (where he throws shot put). Nebraska would like a replacement for Mapieu in this class if he isn't going to qualify and at this point it looks like Ogbannia or bust.

Willie Canty Jr. (3-Star, OT) [Belle Glade, FL] - It looks like Nebraska may have moved on from Jarrett Bell after his non-commitment last week and went to tier two. Jalan Robinson (an OT from Kansas) is currently on an unofficial visit to Nebraska midweek but it seems like Canty is ahead of him in the pecking order. Canty had a great visit to Louisville last week but didn't end up committing. Frost and Co recruited him when they were at UCF as well so this could move quickly this weekend if Canty likes what he sees.

Other Visitors

Jalan Robinson (3-Star, OT) [Lawrence, KS] -
As mentioned above Robinson is currently on an unofficial visit. I think he is behind Canty on Nebraska's wish list. He has an OV to Mississippi State this coming weekend.

Joseph Norwood (3-Star, ATH) [Chattanooga, TN] - Not officially on the list yet but could be visiting this weekend. Nebraska sees him as a cornerback. He has yet to receive an offer.

Last edited:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel good about these guys (in order)

1. Maurice Washington
2. Willie Canty Jr
3. Andre Hunt
4. Ken Montgomery Jr
5. Jalan Robinson
6. Otito Ogbannia
7. Joseph Norwood

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Nebraska lands your list, think that would move Nebraska up, down or stay roughly same as far as rankings go?

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think Nebraska lands Tago, Taylor and JJB too... so at least 3 off of this list won't be in the class IMO. And it would move us up... I think this class could end up as a Top 20 class across the board with the highest potential on Rivals of a Top 15 class

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think Nebraska lands Tago, Taylor and JJB too... so at least 3 off of this list won't be in the class IMO. And it would move us up... I think this class could end up as a Top 20 class across the board with the highest potential on Rivals of a Top 15 class
I'll take it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only looked at 247, but I see their ceiling at 19. So yes, a Top 20 class is not a stretch there.

I'd be thrilled to see a Top 15, but there would need to be some major surprises somewhere.

I predict #21, and I'm good with that 2 months into this staff.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norwood is definitely not visiting citing that Nebraska received a count today that took his spot.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know who got the spot?

All I can do is guess... Think it's likely Cam Taylor... Frost and staff were in home with him tonight as well

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds: I'm visiting the campus today. I see they laid out the welcome mat. I could see the video board on and the sound system going. Getting me pumped up.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds: I'm visiting the campus today. I see they laid out the welcome mat. I could see the video board on and the sound system going. Getting me pumped up.
So, your on commit watch?