• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson?

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To appreciate Russell Wilson you need to watch Cam Newton or RGIII or Colin Kaepernick. The difference in class and how to conduct yourself with the media and out in the world is dramatic.

I see a guy who gets it and has had one of the best if not the best first 4 seasons to start a career. And, I'm a Niner.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Wilson is a very respectable individual, maybe we should not be so judgmental. If I were Cam I'd be pissed off too; most would if they messed up the biggest opportunity of their lives up to that point. Granted, Kaep and RGIII get no quarter since they quite simply haven't shown they're up to the job, but I am not all that interested in coming after them as people. Sore losers may annoy me, but I freely admit I can be one myself.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Wilson is a very respectable individual, maybe we should not be so judgmental. If I were Cam I'd be pissed off too; most would if they messed up the biggest opportunity of their lives up to that point. Granted, Kaep and RGIII get no quarter since they quite simply haven't shown they're up to the job, but I am not all that interested in coming after them as people. Sore losers may annoy me, but I freely admit I can be one myself.
Would you be a sore loser in front of millions of people?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Cam does not know how to conduct himself out in the world. Cam had one slip up after losing the biggest game of his life ( Most people already stop caring about that) and he's all of sudden some bad guy

McManus: Cam Newton's passion for helping kids is real

Cam Newton Foundation | Every 1 Matters | Cam Newton Foundation

Cam Newton wins prestigious award a day after fan calls him 'classless'

There has been talk of his conduct for awhile now, and then to act like he did.....hmmm?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been talk of his conduct for awhile now, and then to act like he did.....hmmm?

What conduct? He celebrates when he scores. Big deal. Are Quarterbacks not allowed to celebrate like other position players when they score a TD? Is there something in the rulebook that doesn't allow it? As I said before don't want to see him celebrate then stop him which is what Denver did.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kaep has done anything particularly bad. The bicep kiss is annoying but meh. He's just not that good a QB. RGIII has ego issues but his on field attitude always seemed fine.

Cam needs to grow up some. Not uncommon for 26 year olds.

Wilson was born a 40 year old man.

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What conduct? He celebrates when he scores. Big deal. Are Quarterbacks not allowed to celebrate like other position players when they score a TD? Is there something in the rulebook that doesn't allow it? As I said before don't want to see him celebrate then stop him which is what Denver did.

There is nothing in the rule book about kissing your TE, but w do have common sense. Something Newton doesn't appear to have.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First downs are now scores?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing in the rule book about kissing your TE, but w do have common sense. Something Newton doesn't appear to have.

His comment was more directed at bskballer.

Although I have to say I don't love your choices of football players. There is no reason to compare all black QBs against each other. I would like to see such comparisons include guys like Luck or Manziel or Carr or any of the other young QBs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First downs are now scores?

Is he the only player to celebrate first downs? I've seen Tom Brady celebrate first downs after running for a first down. Stop the nonsense. Everyone wants to make special rules for Cam. He's the only player not allowed to celebrate a first down or TD but its ok when any other player does the same

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my first thread there, but a long time football fan (50's) and do post on a lot of these boards. So, how about cooling..."move along"....ok? You don't have to beere, ok?
LOL, it's okay my friend. We all use the term "move along". It's just part of Sportshoopla. Welcome aboard. You will learn to acquire a thicker skin over time. :suds:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To appreciate Russell Wilson you need to watch Cam Newton or RGIII or Colin Kaepernick. The difference in class and how to conduct yourself with the media and out in the world is dramatic.

I see a guy who gets it and has had one of the best if not the best first 4 seasons to start a career. And, I'm a Niner.
So in order to appreciate Wilson, you need to compare him to one of those three clowns? 90% of the QB's in the league have more class than those QB's.

We have heard ad nauseam about the "class" of RW on these boards. Being that you are new to the hoop, you may not have known that. So you get a pass on this one.