• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@josephperson
8m8 minutes ago

Free agent CB Delvin Breaux visiting Patriots today after meeting with Broncos yesterday, per league source.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@josephperson
8m8 minutes ago

Free agent CB Delvin Breaux visiting Patriots today after meeting with Broncos yesterday, per league source.
Can't say I know much about the dude.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FieldYates

Former Seahawks and Eagles OT Matt Tobin is visiting the Patriots today, per source.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I know much about the dude.
Cool story. Got a scholarship to LSU, broke his back his senior year of HS and was never cleared to play at LSU, quit there played in a development league, then Arena League, then CFL, before he finally hooked on with the Saints. He played really well for them in 2015 but has been banged up the last couple years. Could be a steal if he's healthy.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story. Got a scholarship to LSU, broke his back his senior year of HS and was never cleared to play at LSU, quit there played in a development league, then Arena League, then CFL, before he finally hooked on with the Saints. He played really well for them in 2015 but has been banged up the last couple years. Could be a steal if he's healthy.
Sort of sounds like a big IF

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing people saying "sources" Sue wants to go to NE. Anyone else seeing these? I am not a fan of this..

Interesting that Breaux was in Foxboro for a visit. He is a nice player with great upside. Physical and good at man coverage. Lot's of CB on this team now if the move happens. Gill, Rowe, JMC, Jones, Jones. So unless there is a trade in the works, or both Jones's are not ready to go...IDK. Maybe Rowe moves to S????

The Tobin signing makes me think that one of Flemming or Waddle is not back and Garcia is not even remotely close to playing football anytime soon.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done.................I try really hard to put everything I see or hear in here for discussion. I don't make shit up.

Shoeshine, I've tried to be pleasant and cordial but over the past few weeks you've made it a project to attempt to discredit me or what I've tried to share. You and Yankee Rebel can keep this board alive with all of the latest Boston TV and radio talk since you both seem to be producing all the shows.

I will take a vacation from this board leave the updates to others.
Bk - This thread is about rumors so anything you post is good. I think its good too that others vet and clean up the the data when additional credible sources are introduced.

Just because something you posted from a source is later proved less than 100% correct doesn't lessen the value of your efforts.... especially since the context is to drive discussion. Whether your information turns out perfect or flawed your mission is 100% accomplished.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Eric Ebron is scheduled for a visit to NE tomorrow. The media is saying interest by the Pats is minimal at best and Ebron's agent is using the scheduled meeting solely to put pressure on either Carolina or Indy to offer his client a big money deal. But what if BB really does have an interest in Ebron? Since the recent SB loss, Gronk has been avoiding a definite commitment to the Pats for 2018, although most people feel he will play this season. It is also rumored that BB wants Gronk and TB12 to take restructured deals to free up cap space. Just spitballing here, but what if Gronk refuses a restructure or even asks for a raise? Would BB do what he did with Richard Seymour and trade Gronk rather than pay him? If so, then courting Ebron makes sense. I don't see where there is room for two big contracts at TE but, if Gronk goes, signing Ebron makes sense. Probably won't happen, but it is certainly something BB is capable of doing, as he has shown in the past.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bk - This thread is about rumors so anything you post is good. I think its good too that others vet and clean up the the data when additional credible sources are introduced.

Just because something you posted from a source is later proved less than 100% correct doesn't lessen the value of your efforts.... especially since the context is to drive discussion. Whether your information turns out perfect or flawed your mission is 100% accomplished.

I agree. I know I don't post here often but I do read all the posts and think all the regulars here contribute a lot, even when something is later proven to be a false rumor. It'sstill football talk which is better than any other sports talk.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron was an interesting prospect when he came out but hes regressed quite a bit. Don't see BB having any rea interest in a slot receiver in a TE's body who doesn't block and has questionable hands. Don't think this coaching staff could correct his issues at this point. If they want a move type TE I'd rather they gave Gary Barnidge a call. Neither would ever really be a fit as a Y though. Despite his issues last year Allen's skill set is still a far better fit for that position. At least he can block.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron was an interesting prospect when he came out but hes regressed quite a bit. Don't see BB having any rea interest in a slot receiver in a TE's body who doesn't block and has questionable hands. Don't think this coaching staff could correct his issues at this point. If they want a move type TE I'd rather they gave Gary Barnidge a call. Neither would ever really be a fit as a Y though. Despite his issues last year Allen's skill set is still a far better fit for that position. At least he can block.

The Pats will need that blocking with the questions on the oline

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing people saying "sources" Sue wants to go to NE. Anyone else seeing these? I am not a fan of this..

Interesting that Breaux was in Foxboro for a visit. He is a nice player with great upside. Physical and good at man coverage. Lot's of CB on this team now if the move happens. Gill, Rowe, JMC, Jones, Jones. So unless there is a trade in the works, or both Jones's are not ready to go...IDK. Maybe Rowe moves to S????

The Tobin signing makes me think that one of Flemming or Waddle is not back and Garcia is not even remotely close to playing football anytime soon.

I would highly doubt that Suh would sign with the Pats. He has been very open and honest with the media that he is looking for the biggest deal possible and well that just isn't the Pats. Rarely do you ever see them sign a guy to the biggest deal possible. Plus with them already having added a couple of guys to the DL I don't think the need is as high as for other teams.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MarkDanielsPJ 21m21 minutes ago

Some good news for the Patriots - tackle Tony Garcia Instagram’s that doctors cleared him to play. He sat out last season due to blood clots in his lungs and lost 40 pounds.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MarkDanielsPJ 21m21 minutes ago

Some good news for the Patriots - tackle Tony Garcia Instagram’s that doctors cleared him to play. He sat out last season due to blood clots in his lungs and lost 40 pounds.
That is good news, I hope he has been able to put some weight back on.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone thinks I'm full of shit.......but I heard an insane rumor this morning......

Cooks and the Patriots #31 for the Colts #36, #37, #49 and TE Travis Ross.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone thinks I'm full of shit.......but I heard an insane rumor this morning......

Cooks and the Patriots #31 for the Colts #36, #37, #49 and TE Travis Ross.

I would take that deal.
It's good to see you got over your tantrum. Good to have you back.:thumb:

I don't think anyone here thinks you are full of shit. This is a rumor thread. When a rumor can be turned into fact, then rumor over. It doesn't make anyone full of shit or anything else.

:suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a rumor that Gronk is trying to go professional as a dancer now.