• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor: Eagles might trade up for Wentz

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bradford and Daniel in the fold I see 3 other positions at least I'd take at 8. Goff at 8 would be ok though.

If they go QB at 8 I would think Bradford would be on his way to Denver.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cox is not a DE anymore. He is the best DT in the league. Bar none. No way would I trade him for anything. Anything. Building a dominant defense is more important right now, than drafting a QB, especially one who is not projected on the same level as Luck.

Luck is a once in every decade type of #1 draft pick. Building a dominant D is important in winning the SB. Denver and Seattle have proven that. The interesting part is how much these teams spend on their dominant D. I am not saying trade Cox, but I wouldn't

I really don't get the big deal in the Eagles working out and taking the top QB prospects out to dinner. You better do as much homework as possible when you have freakin Sam Bradford as your starting QB. Evaluate the shit out of these guys, and if you think one of them has franchise potential -- make your best offer without crippling your team. Woopty-fuckin-doo, is it draft time yet?

All true, they are doing their due diligence, and taking the kid out to dinner is no guarantee that they will draft the guy. They might love Wentz and would draft them in a heart beat but if he doesn't fall to 8 or the price to move up to get him might be too much.

I can't wait till this whole draft is over with, heck last year it was 3+ months of Mariota... this and that... and we ended up with Agholor.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they go QB at 8 I would think Bradford would be on his way to Denver.
Or they shock the world and take Goff and trade him for some picks.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Wentz is the QB to carry the Eagles to the promised land and he's one phone call away. Nashville area code is 615. Give us a call!!!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would deerpathdave say? :noidea:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Eagles fans are failing to Realize is Do the Eagles even want to take on a Salary cap for one player at between 17 -19 mill per year....Then the next thing Eagles Fans need to realize is that Cox was already offered last year for Mariota so don't be in denial like it can't happen. Next thing you need to look at is the Titans aren't trading you #1 overall unless either Cox is in the Deal or Next years Number one, #8 this year and a few more picks probably a 3rd and maybe even more. So if the Eagles do not think a deal gets done, nor do they want to inherit a nearly 20 million dollar cap figure for a DT then it's obvious Cox would be the Trade chip.

This is a team that let Reggie White walk over money, let's not think it can't happen again. And Reggie was the greatest of ALL TIME... If Pederson and Reich think Wentz is the Superstar QB of the future you bet your ass they are gonna throw everything but the kitchen sink at the Titans.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Eagles fans are failing to Realize is Do the Eagles even want to take on a Salary cap for one player at between 17 -19 mill per year....Then the next thing Eagles Fans need to realize is that Cox was already offered last year for Mariota so don't be in denial like it can't happen. Next thing you need to look at is the Titans aren't trading you #1 overall unless either Cox is in the Deal or Next years Number one, #8 this year and a few more picks probably a 3rd and maybe even more. So if the Eagles do not think a deal gets done, nor do they want to inherit a nearly 20 million dollar cap figure for a DT then it's obvious Cox would be the Trade chip.

This is a team that let Reggie White walk over money, let's not think it can't happen again. And Reggie was the greatest of ALL TIME... If Pederson and Reich think Wentz is the Superstar QB of the future you bet your ass they are gonna throw everything but the kitchen sink at the Titans.

Sorry wings, but Norman Braman doesn't own the team anymore. So Cox is here for good.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry wings, but Norman Braman doesn't own the team anymore. So Cox is here for good.
Old Duke Wake up dude, Jeff Lurie was ready to trade Cox last year! You are kiddining yourself if you think this can't happen.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what both sides are saying, Wings/Duke. If you think you have a Franchise QB in front of you, you make your biggest offer, without crippling the team. Question is, how highly do they value Wentz, and how much are they willing to offer.

Here's a question for all of you: Titans offer #1 overall for Fletcher 1for1, who takes that pick and drafts Wentz with it?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it depends who you have rated higher Wentz or Goff but you 100% select the franchise QB.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it depends who you have rated higher Wentz or Goff but you 100% select the franchise QB.

For me, no question it's Wentz. No way I even think about giving up Cox 1for1 for anyone but Wentz, but the question can be for any player.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Duke Wake up dude, Jeff Lurie was ready to trade Cox last year! You are kiddining yourself if you think this can't happen.

How do you know that Lurie would have traded Cox? Just because the media says so? I don't thnk Chip checked with Jeff before he made those moves.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a QB drops so no need to trade up to 1. Six maybe but not one.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Eagles fans are failing to Realize is Do the Eagles even want to take on a Salary cap for one player at between 17 -19 mill per year....Then the next thing Eagles Fans need to realize is that Cox was already offered last year for Mariota so don't be in denial like it can't happen.

So draft Wentz and then trade him in 4 years IF he becomes a legitimate QB?????????????????

The goal of the draft is to find guys that are worth paying. If not then what the fuck did you draft for?

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a QB drops so no need to trade up to 1. Six maybe but not one.

I agree with this - some of us are getting ourselves lathered up for nothing - this is the Titans blowing smoke, no one is going to be dumb enough to trade up to 1 for either of these QBs - I still think Dallas is the pressure point and what they end up doing at 4 (if they don't take a QB) may influence what we do to try to get to 5 or 6 for a QB, not #1. This sounds like the Mariota BS all over again - at the end of the day it's going to be too high a price to pay to get to the Titans' spot.