• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: RRSO | #7 OU vs. #19 TX | 11am CT | FOX

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got back from dinner with our group of friends who always go out to eat together after the game. Since Texas won, the Horns fans had to pay and you can believe I ordered the most expensive thing I could find on the menu.....just like they do when we win. Congratulations to the Horns. You were the better team today and deserved a great victory.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we can hope for now is keep it respectable.

Done.

Obviously Texas outplayed us for almost the entire game, but OU showed some signs of life and some pride in the last 5 minutes or so.

Congrats to the Horns for the great game.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer's simple. Big XII defense. That's why every QB in the Big XII needs to come with an asterisk. Every QB looks like a star passing it 50 times a game against pop warner defenses.

But congrats UT, it's good to see you're on your way back.

True, we gave up 33 to sorry arse Clemson
2012 orange bowl box score.JPG

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just hoping Riley leaves for the NFL. That guy is the best play caller I have seen. OU put up 21 points on busted coverages due to great play calls. Riley abused The Texas Safeties. Had them chasing eye candy all day. He has great skill players and a talented athlete at QB, but damn them at guy can dial up the plays.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just hoping Riley leaves for the NFL. That guy is the best play caller I have seen. OU put up 21 points on busted coverages due to great play calls. Riley abused The Texas Safeties. Had them chasing eye candy all day. He has great skill players and a talented athlete at QB, but damn them at guy can dial up the plays.

He’ll be the Dallas cowboys coach next season

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish, but probably Seth littrell

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do3v5gzW0AE0qyF.jpg

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something has been very wrong with the OU defense for years now and it keeps getting worse. Hell Tulsa held Texas to 28 points in Austin.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something has been very wrong with the OU defense for years now and it keeps getting worse. Hell Tulsa held Texas to 28 points in Austin.

What's wrong? Two things. You can't win with defense unless you have great players and OU is under talented on that side of the ball. How many D players from OU excel in the NFL? And you can't run a soft tits defense even if you had great players. Deion Sanders would be ineffective if he constantly had to give receivers a 7-10 yard cushion at the line of scrimmage. The Selmon brothers would lose games if their line backers and secondary were only slightly better than average. We need new defensive coaches who can coach players how to tackle and an entirely new focus on recruiting better athletes. But will we do it? I have my doubts. The stadium is full and OU is making a lot of money. Sad to say, but not rocking the boat so they can protect the financial situation has become the priority over winning National Championships at Oklahoma.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong? Two things. You can't win with defense unless you have great players and OU is under talented on that side of the ball. How many D players from OU excel in the NFL? And you can't run a soft tits defense even if you had great players. Deion Sanders would be ineffective if he constantly had to give receivers a 7-10 yard cushion at the line of scrimmage. The Selmon brothers would lose games if their line backers and secondary were only slightly better than average. We need new defensive coaches who can coach players how to tackle and an entirely new focus on recruiting better athletes. But will we do it? I have my doubts. The stadium is full and OU is making a lot of money. Sad to say, but not rocking the boat so they can protect the financial situation has become the priority over winning National Championships at Oklahoma.
Is it talent or coaching? I can think of a few teams that don't recruit well enough to make the top 50 yet they have a solid defense year after year. There's a time when the talent excuse has to be put aside for the real problem ... Stoops is a pure shit coach and I'm not talking about the recruiting end of it.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it talent or coaching? I can think of a few teams that don't recruit well enough to make the top 50 yet they have a solid defense year after year. There's a time when the talent excuse has to be put aside for the real problem ... Stoops is a pure shit coach and I'm not talking about the recruiting end of it.

It's both. Stoops & Co. need to be replaced. And the inability to cover tall receivers on the edge with defensive backs that are too short, linebackers with only slightly above average ability, defensive linemen who can not control the line of scrimmage and nobody who can tackle all add up to a talent problem. You CAN NOT expect your offense to outscore the other team every game. I gave you the reason the problem has been lived with at Oklahoma for so long.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why not both? Stoops is terrible and he was put in a terrible situation. The CBs had no answer for The Texas WRs. They were getting pushed around and run by, so Stoops has to keep 2 Safeties over the top. That opened up the run game. That was the biggest issue for OUs defense

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not both? Stoops is terrible and he was put in a terrible situation. The CBs had no answer for The Texas WRs. They were getting pushed around and run by, so Stoops has to keep 2 Safeties over the top. That opened up the run game. That was the biggest issue for OUs defense
Stoops is a pure shit coach. It got even worse for that fat faced fvck when he took over the HC job at Zona. If it wasn't for his brother he'd be coaching high school football.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's both. Stoops & Co. need to be replaced. And the inability to cover tall receivers on the edge with defensive backs that are too short, linebackers with only slightly above average ability, defensive linemen who can not control the line of scrimmage and nobody who can tackle all add up to a talent problem. You CAN NOT expect your offense to outscore the other team every game. I gave you the reason the problem has been lived with at Oklahoma for so long.

I do think some of it is the overall structure of the team. This OU team is a bit soft. Offense can’t line up and run the ball vs honest boxes. Kyler is good at executing great play calls, but not honest QB decision making. The offense is all about misdirection. All that said OU has a bad ass offense. It’s also one that is probably a bitch to practice against, because he doesn’t promote fast flowing reactions and physical play. Not to mention how many plays has that defense seen already?

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think some of it is the overall structure of the team. This OU team is a bit soft. Offense can’t line up and run the ball vs honest boxes. Kyler is good at executing great play calls, but not honest QB decision making. The offense is all about misdirection. All that said OU has a bad ass offense. It’s also one that is probably a bitch to practice against, because he doesn’t promote fast flowing reactions and physical play. Not to mention how many plays has that defense seen already?

An explosive quick strike offense is bad for your defense. Stoops may suck, but he is also in a bad position. Long time consuming drives need to become part of his play calling goals if he wants OU to reach it's potential.