• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #13 WVU @ #17 TX | 2:30CT | FOX

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were not many STOPS, but WVU got lucky on some of the more critical STOPS.

1) WVU got their only 2nd half stop on a helmet falling off rule which I did not even know was a rule.
2) Texas had one stop nullified because of a make believe horse collar penalty that doesnt exist in the rulebook.
3) Texas had one stop nullified because the coach decided to give their kicker a 2nd kick.

That ended up in being 13 point swing due to mostly blind stinking luck favoring the Mountaineer.

Texas has shitty defense, but as usual during the last 8 years, they had even worse luck.
you sound bitter , you lost , at home, its ok. Give WVU their due

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were not many STOPS, but WVU got lucky on some of the more critical STOPS.

1) WVU got their only 2nd half stop on a helmet falling off rule which I did not even know was a rule.
2) Texas had one stop nullified because of a make believe horse collar penalty that doesnt exist in the rulebook.
3) Texas had one stop nullified because the coach decided to give their kicker a 2nd kick.

That ended up in being 13 point swing due to mostly blind stinking luck favoring the Mountaineer.

Texas has shitty defense, but as usual during the last 8 years, they had even worse luck.

As usual a Marylander pretending to like someone else is clueless.

1) it is a rule, now ya know

2) It was an unnecessary roughness penalty and considering our starting OT got kicked out for shoving his defender consider yourself lucky your DL didn’t.

3) your coach also nullified our first two point conversion, don’t balme him.

I stated Texas fans have a gripe with the refs more than us, but certainly not for the bullshit reasons you stated. Cot damn I hate Maryland fans.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual a Marylander pretending to like someone else is clueless.

1) it is a rule, now ya know

2) It was an unnecessary roughness penalty and considering our starting OT got kicked out for shoving his defender consider yourself lucky your DL didn’t.

3) your coach also nullified our first two point conversion, don’t balme him.

I stated Texas fans have a gripe with the refs more than us, but certainly not for the bullshit reasons you stated. Cot damn I hate Maryland fans.
yah!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's easy to look back and second guess, but they were moving the ball fairly easily. Keep driving the ball down the field and run time off the clock. Even 3 points would have been good with less than a minute left. That would put a lot of pressure on WV. Odds say, they wouldn't have been able to drive the entire field. Who knows. Just an opinion.

I would have loved if Texas scored with 3 seconds left, but it didn’t work out that way. I think it is fair to say that Texas was in a good position to win with WV on the 33 with about 25 seconds left. You take that if you are a coach. Not a big ask to say don’t let anyone behind you. Great throw and all, but that is just wretched defense

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would’ve beaten you in a rematch anyways.

Not really. OU still has a shitty AF defense. Texas would score at will and with ease. But OU would also score with ease on our just as shitty defense. It would definitely be a shootout.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Romeo. You guys aren't much better. The Big 12 is average at best this year.

I wouldn’t say it’s average. Plenty of teams in this conference would score at will on every team from the other conferences, yes even you Bama.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Herman MAD!

On Will Grier's 2pt conversion run:

"I thought taunting before you cross the goal line negated a score," Herman said. "I've got to brush up on my rules and get some questions
answered."

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is actually built better vs big WRs. Both corners are large and physical. They have more issues vs small shifty guys. That said QB puts it high enough 6’5” beats 6’1”

You rated this funny, but Stills did nothing vs Boyd and Davis went out in the first series. They pounded the replacements

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You rated this funny, but Stills did nothing vs Boyd and Davis went out in the first series. They pounded the replacements

You’re not wrong, we took advantage of replacements though. Both defenses were bad yesterday.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at all of the penalty stats from games played in DKR...looks like you'd be wise to bring your own refs if you had to play there.

Just saying.....

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like dongers get a night game in Lubbock too!
tenor.gif

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...because you guise are out of it now, eh?

No. because you lost to us. Texas isn't that good. We are better, but we have a long way to go.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey good game you WVU folk! Twas a long day for me, and since my laptop crapped out, only way I can get over here is to walk to the spare room with the old PC in it.

And last week, I just didn't feel like it

But it was a good game, damn. I knew when Ehlinger threw the TD to take the lead...I looked at the clock and something like 2:44 left and told e'rbody within shouting distance "we scored too quickly".

I knew WVU would score, and I knew Holgerson would go for two, and would score that.

But that TD by Grier on that drive was perfect, no fucking doubt about it.

Good game you heathens!