• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: RRSO | #12 OU(4-1) v. TEXAS(3-2) | 2:30CT | ESPN

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now, I can literally sit down and watch any game, and call holding every single play. Drives me crazy how the refs will make a call when they do-usually they will only call them when it's so blatantly obvious that they have to call it.

If you watch football and cant see that, I dont know what to say. Maybe you're just following the ball?

Yes Texas was holding-but so was OU. Go back and try to look at it with an unbiased eye. When i played, you could not use your arms and hands when you blocked, you had to grab your own jersey under your chin and block with your forearms-now you block using your arms and hands.

On another note: Sam Ehlinger will be a Texas legend by the time he leaves. Our offense reminds me of the 2009 team: a QB running for his life every play, with the whole offense being the QB, RB by committee.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now, I can literally sit down and watch any game, and call holding every single play. Drives me crazy how the refs will make a call when they do-usually they will only call them when it's so blatantly obvious that they have to call it.

If you watch football and cant see that, I dont know what to say. Maybe you're just following the ball?

Yes Texas was holding-but so was OU. Go back and try to look at it with an unbiased eye. When i played, you could not use your arms and hands when you blocked, you had to grab your own jersey under your chin and block with your forearms-now you block using your arms and hands.

On another note: Sam Ehlinger will be a Texas legend by the time he leaves. Our offense reminds me of the 2009 team: a QB running for his life every play, with the whole offense being the QB, RB by committee.

Difference was our linemen weren't tackling your rushers to the ground from behind.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference was our linemen weren't tackling your rushers to the ground from behind.

well, maybe. Our OL is bad. Have a true FR 3* guard project playing tackle, another lifelong center who's only game time in years was at center last week playing guard, a sophomore guard playing left tackle, and a sophomore center who cant play without grabbing someone playing center.

Enjoy your win, OU is the better team, yall were going to win no matter any lack of calls.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I challenge any of your crybabies to watch the following.

I only watched your offensive snaps and only for OL infractions. This is just the obvious stuff...

4:40 Missed false start on your LT
17:56 holding on your LT
18:25 holding on your RG
28:15 holding on your LT

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I only watched your offensive snaps and only for OL infractions. This is just the obvious stuff...

Like I said, difference is our linemen weren't tackling your rushers to the ground from behind.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, difference is our linemen weren't tackling your rushers to the ground from behind.

Show me what you're talking about. I saw plenty holding on our guys, but not more than 3 or 4 blatant missed holding calls. Same as with you guys. Your all world LT is a holding MFer just by himself. All the greats really are, they just know how to get away with it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me what you're talking about. I saw plenty holding on our guys, but not more than 3 or 4 blatant missed holding calls. Same as with you guys. Your all world LT is a holding MFer just by himself. All the greats really are, they just know how to get away with it.

I'll track em down later.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said before...

If your team couldn't benefit from the zebra help, that's sad.

I have watched with an unbiased eye. We got little help if any that whole game, the ISU game as well...and that Baylol game, I can't make you believe anything you don't care to believe, but Lincoln Riley needs to be barking up the chain of command to see what in the fuck is going on.

:27 holding on 77
2:17 holding on 78
2:39 holding on 78
6:03 holding on 68
9:21 holding on 51
9:42 block in the back on 30
11:01 bullshit false start taking us out of 4th and 1 try
11:47 holding on 51 and 71
Let's walk them down the field, shall we?
13:06 holding on 8 and 24 and a bs LHOOB on us
13:37 bs horse collar on 8
after the INT
15:46 holding on 78
16:07 holding on 68

....that's just the first half. Won't bore you with the 2nd half.

You admitted yourself it was bullshit and now you're defending the bullshit. :L

I guess we should put an asterisk by this win.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felt so good crushing your souls right after you got the lead. Welcome to the RRSO Tom "Kissy-kiss" Herman.

Golden Hat stays in Oklahoma ladies.

See ya next year. :yo:

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what I saw

6:00 holding on our RT
11:40 holding on our C
15:45 holding on our LT
16:00 holding on our C
16:05 holding on our RT
29:25 holding on our LT
32:55 holding on our RT

Now if you look at how often we dropped back to pass compared to you guys, you would see the 7 to 4 isn't that egregious. They just didn't want to call holding per usual in Big 12 games.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before...

If your team couldn't benefit from the zebra help, that's sad.

I have watched with an unbiased eye. We got little help if any that whole game, the ISU game as well...and that Baylol game, I can't make you believe anything you don't care to believe, but Lincoln Riley needs to be barking up the chain of command to see what in the fuck is going on.

:27 holding on 77
2:17 holding on 78
2:39 holding on 78
6:03 holding on 68
9:21 holding on 51
9:42 block in the back on 30
11:01 bullshit false start taking us out of 4th and 1 try
11:47 holding on 51 and 71
Let's walk them down the field, shall we?
13:06 holding on 8 and 24 and a bs LHOOB on us
13:37 bs horse collar on 8
after the INT
15:46 holding on 78
16:07 holding on 68

....that's just the first half. Won't bore you with the 2nd half.

You admitted yourself it was bullshit and now you're defending the bullshit. :L

I guess we should put an asterisk by this win.

It is bullshit, but you guys aren't being targeted, it's conference wide. That is my point.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is bullshit, but you guys aren't being targeted, it's conference wide. That is my point.
My point is that you don't see it, because it isn't happening to your team.

I like to think myself a football enthusiast. I actually will rewatch OU games several times looking for this and that as far as where we failed and where we succeed. I like to think this helps me gauge how successful we will be moving forward as I believe I can better understand where we are deficient compared to what talent we're bringing in.

In watching the Baylor and RRSO games especially, I can't help but see directed, meaningful officiating discrepancies. I don't expect you to dissect those games like I do, or any other fan of a team other than OU. I respect your opinion as well, as what I'm seeing is out of your scope of care. I get it. I'm also aware that refs are fucking human, very aware. They can't see everything all the time. But those two games really fucking stink.

But mark my words, if things like this continue OU will be up and out of this conference at first opportunity and yall's heads will be swimming, wondering what the fuck happened.

Also don't be surprised if Bob Stoops is a higher-up in the B1G whenever this all shakes out.

:2cents::2cents:

I gave you .04 cents because I'm quite delusional and think my opinion is worth that much...

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that you don't see it, because it isn't happening to your team.

I like to think myself a football enthusiast. I actually will rewatch OU games several times looking for this and that as far as where we failed and where we succeed. I like to think this helps me gauge how successful we will be moving forward as I believe I can better understand where we are deficient compared to what talent we're bringing in.

In watching the Baylor and RRSO games especially, I can't help but see directed, meaningful officiating discrepancies. I don't expect you to dissect those games like I do, or any other fan of a team other than OU. I respect your opinion as well, as what I'm seeing is out of your scope of care. I get it. I'm also aware that refs are fucking human, very aware. They can't see everything all the time. But those two games really fucking stink.

But mark my words, if things like this continue OU will be up and out of this conference at first opportunity and yall's heads will be swimming, wondering what the fuck happened.

Also don't be surprised if Bob Stoops is a higher-up in the B1G whenever this all shakes out.

:2cents::2cents:

I gave you .04 cents because I'm quite delusional and think my opinion is worth that much...

When this happens to you, then we can talk.

Oregon was a long time ago...

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K, deflect away.

I'm not deflecting, you are deflecting because for the first time in a long time OU is struggling against mediocre to bad teams. So everything is more noticeable. I've been there man, I know what you are going through. :pound: