• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round Tracker 2018

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hit the 400 Max very well. At first we weren't feeling like we were getting the distance we were expecting but then on 17 and 18 we both hit further than we've hit before so maybe just grooving the swing helped.

The weather turned gorgeous so we got 18 in. I shot a shoddy 85 but at least I'm playing again. That's the first score of the year I entered for my handicap. Shoulder is rapidly feeling better...almost 100%.

Great shot report:

On the par 5 13th Phil hit a shitty drive....chunked a wedge....blew a lay up off over the bridge....hit another wedge that fell 40yds from the green. The pin was tucked just past the large mound on the green. Basically an impossible shot so I suggested he knock it short with less loft and try to get it to roll up onto the green. He says, nah, I'm just gonna drop it in the hole. NO SHIT, he swiped his 60 degree high in the air dropping the ball right on top of that mound....the ball released and gently rolled down the slope,.....KER PLUNK into the hole for his par 5!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because twice this year i was chipping for an eagle and hit the pin just hard enough that the ball didn't drop.

Oh, ok....so you tended it because there was a good distance on the chip.

Although, if a ball struck the pin too hard and didn't go in, there's scarce little chance that it would have dropped without the pin.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, ok....so you tended it because there was a good distance on the chip.

Although, if a ball struck the pin too hard and didn't go in, there's scarce little chance that it would have dropped without the pin.

Don't ruin it for me.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone here ever had an albatross...or even seen one on the course?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hit the 400 Max very well. At first we weren't feeling like we were getting the distance we were expecting but then on 17 and 18 we both hit further than we've hit before so maybe just grooving the swing helped.

The weather turned gorgeous so we got 18 in. I shot a shoddy 85 but at least I'm playing again. That's the first score of the year I entered for my handicap. Shoulder is rapidly feeling better...almost 100%.

Great shot report:

On the par 5 13th Phil hit a shitty drive....chunked a wedge....blew a lay up off over the bridge....hit another wedge that fell 40yds from the green. The pin was tucked just past the large mound on the green. Basically an impossible shot so I suggested he knock it short with less loft and try to get it to roll up onto the green. He says, nah, I'm just gonna drop it in the hole. NO SHIT, he swiped his 60 degree high in the air dropping the ball right on top of that mound....the ball released and gently rolled down the slope,.....KER PLUNK into the hole for his par 5!

Helluva 5!

What made your 85 shoddy in your mind?

We had rain 80% on Sat and 60% on Sunday...my buddy came up lame after playing Friday (yeah right, actually he was sick) so I didn't play at all this weekend....Saturday started out cloudy and overcast, but it never did rain...the lessor rain chance was Sunday and it poured late afternoon...go figure.

Two week and counting for my Myrtle Bch trip, but I'm basically ready...this is the game (mid 80s mostly) here...we'll have to see how it stacks up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never had a hole in a one, or an atross...a couple of eagle hole outs from the fairway is my claim to fame...saw both go in too.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva 5!

We had rain 80% on Sat and 60% on Sunday...my buddy came up lame after playing Friday (yeah right, actually he was sick) so I didn't play at all this weekend....Saturday started out cloudy and overcast, but it never did rain...the lessor rain chance was Sunday and it poured late afternoon...go figure.

Two week and counting for my Myrtle Bch trip, but I'm basically ready...this is the game (mid 80s mostly) here...we'll have to see how it stacks up.

45-40 so I was 10 over on the front which blew. I did manage to par 15,16 & 17 but then missed a 5 footer on 18. I'm just capable of better and I know it. I feel like I'm starting the season all over again.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

45-40 so I was 10 over on the front which blew. I did manage to par 15,16 & 17 but then missed a 5 footer on 18. I'm just capable of better and I know it. I feel like I'm starting the season all over again.

Oh...I gotcha...+10 for 9 is not all that great...par 70?

I had a 38-50 and a 38-42 this year so I know what you mean about capabilities, etc.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, par 70.

I struggled again today but ain't that golf that the killer, slippery downhill right to left 12 footer I gently started on line to save par on 18 and also record a sandie made another 85 feel a whole lot better!

So now, barring a rain-out, I'll play my first league match tomorrow afternoon. Cripes.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is Phil's second shot on the par 5 4th at our old club. A fart could have knocked it in. Shortest eagle putt in history.

YLHOdl2.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, par 70.

I struggled again today but ain't that golf that the killer, slippery downhill right to left 12 footer I gently started on line to save par on 18 and also record a sandie made another 85 feel a whole lot better!

So now, barring a rain-out, I'll play my first league match tomorrow afternoon. Cripes.

Oh...only two par 5s?

Our home track is par 71...36-35...what's weird is the front has the most difficult holes collectively but also 3 risk/reward holes. The back has 4 tough holes and two of those are long par 3s, but the other 5 are not brutal. I typically score better on the front...never broken 40 on the back.

We're in a tropical weather pattern right now...mostly overcast all day with the sun peaking in maybe once or twice, but rain possible any time and some down pours...same forecast well into early part of next week.

I want to get two more rounds in before I head to MB on the 6th...that shouldn't be too difficult with a long weekend ahead for Memorial Day, but between work and this weird weather pattern...idk.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two fives on the front and one five on the back.

Good luck with the weather and the trip.

....if you care to come North this summer, I'd love to have you up. It's a long haul from Atlanta but man, I'm still pinching myself that I belong to this club. They do everything right and the conditioning is just silly.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two fives on the front and one five on the back.

Good luck with the weather and the trip.

....if you care to come North this summer, I'd love to have you up. It's a long haul from Atlanta but man, I'm still pinching myself that I belong to this club. They do everything right and the conditioning is just silly.

Oh...interesting, but I remember those are real 3 shot par 5s you guys have too.

Thanks...looking forward to the trip...3 days nothing but golf...I will keep that invite in my pocket sir...wife and I want to get up that way for the touristy Maine lobster thing....never did it when we lived in NJ.

There is a really nice private club out east that I would love to join...not terrible, about $4k a yr all told...and with the bucket list traveling the wife wants to do...I might be able to play Pebble or the Old Course before I get to be a member at a nice private track so trust me when I say...I'm envious and happy for ya at the same time.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big hitter could hit number 8 in two, a bigger hitter could hit number 5 in two while nobody's hitting number 13 in two!

If you do head to Maine consider it an open invite to stop along the way. Nothing more beautiful than the coast of Maine in the summer~

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big hitter could hit number 8 in two, a bigger hitter could hit number 5 in two while nobody's hitting number 13 in two!

If you do head to Maine consider it an open invite to stop along the way. Nothing more beautiful than the coast of Maine in the summer~

I call myself a midrange hitter...typically not the longest or shortest in the group.

It's been many yrs since I played Myrtle bch, and I know the ball doesn't seem to go as far over there. But looking at the score cards, I'm thinking I should be able to reach a few of those par 5s...at least close enough to pitch and putt....been putting a lot of time 40 yds and in practice.

This tourney I'm playing in is kind of interesting...although I knew it already, the format just officially came down the other day.

Play 36 to flight the final round...4 flights, the #1 flight is weighted (more money to the winner of that flight vs the 2nd flight winner, 3rd, flight winner etc)...winner take all per flight, ties split the money...I do like weighting the flights to encourage your best play every day....Play is from the white tees (none of the tracks will play much longer than 6,000 yds. the Norman course ***final tournament round*** is only 5600+).

There will be a $20 skins pot every day (birdie or better) so everyone will have a shot at winning some loot...but it's mostly about having fun.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here...not long not short, however, I am turning 58 this year so I'm starting to feel it.

Sounds like a cool tournament....the HOOP is cheering you on!

I got my new G400 Max yesterday....put a matching grip on it and can't wait to groove it at the range later today~

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here...not long not short, however, I am turning 58 this year so I'm starting to feel it.

Sounds like a cool tournament....the HOOP is cheering you on!

I got my new G400 Max yesterday....put a matching grip on it and can't wait to groove it at the range later today~

Got me by a few...55 in a few weeks. For the most part I can swing pain free, my issues were lower back, and knees...I lost 25 lbs and that's helped the back out a lot and seemed to take some pressure off the knees as well...need to drop about 15 more to be ideal the doc says.

Thanks...Yeah, it's been a while since I played 3 days back to back, but I should be good with a few Aleeve.

New drivers are always an exciting time...especially that 1st round with it....we're like kids on Xmas morning!

Hit'em well!