• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Round 1 - Boston vs. Toronto

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they aren't. Not that much better. Zaitsev has been poor since returning from injury (that contract looks like a disaster right now) and Hainsey is playing like a 37 year old who logged 23 year old minutes all season. Rielly, well I dont know what is wrong with him and Gardiner is Gardiner.

The fat lady is warming up.
Zaitsev's been bad all year. Hainsey's been bad since Christmas. Polak is bad and he's been their best RD.

Good thing that $7 mil they spent on Marleau instead of upgrading at RD is getting us so many playoff goals, which is what he's known for.

This is such a disappointment of a series. All credit to the Bruins, they know exactly what they're supposed to do and how to execute.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as the Leaves has gotten their teeth kicked in so far, you aren't in trouble until you lose at home. Squeak out a game 3 win and you're back in it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as the Leaves has gotten their teeth kicked in so far, you aren't in trouble until you lose at home. Squeak out a game 3 win and you're back in it.
I'm not hopeful. The defence have been atrocious (Beyond the RHD guys, I am so disappointed in Morgan Rielly right now) and Andersen is maintaining his late season form (starting him in 12 of 16 games after Mar. 1 with the team having nothing to play for and him facing more shots than anybody else in the league sure seems like a smart play).

There's no shot at stopping a team as offensively gifted as the Bruins with both those factors at play. Just none.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with kenny fat lady doesnt start singing until they lose at home

This is going well though. Leafs d is ugg. Maybe now babcock can somehow convince others he needs glass jaw tanev to solidify things. Liljegren for tanev straight up :thumb:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there ever was a case of karma though, it was this guy weeks after the marathon bombing. We've moved on. Good luck this series.

Toronto-Stronger.jpg
Is that Rick James tp his left

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is going well though. Leafs d is ugg. Maybe now babcock can somehow convince others he needs glass jaw tanev to solidify things. Liljegren for tanev straight up :thumb:
If Lou's still calling the shots this summer, this wouldn't even surprise me.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mehhh the Leafs had no shot going into this. It's Hockey Canada which of late stinks. And your Beer Sucks

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to feel a little better as a leafs fan, remember that the leafs despite being down 0-2 to a better team have a considerably better chance to win a Cup this year than Barry Trotz does for the rest of his career lol!

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think anyone who really follows the Leafs knew they had no real chance this series. What pisses me off is this is a 105 point team, most in it's 100+ year history and is starting the playoffs on the fucking road. That is just fucking stupid.

The Leafs are a decent team but are missing 3-4 key pieces. They need a competent Dman and a trainwreck like Tucker or Roberts to make them a real playoff team. They are getting slapped around by the Bruins and it's all on the leadership of the Leafs for not getting players like that. If these morons actually really thought that this team could compete in the playoffs they need to be fired. I want to think they expected this (in the second round) and are planning for next year but now I am wondering. It's almost like they thought they would win a series this year and go from there but instead we have been completely bitch slapped.

And I do expect the Leafs to make this a bit of a series, I think it goes at least six, but the product on the ice is nowhere near the same.

Last edited:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a competent Dman and a trainwreck like Tucker or Roberts to make them a real playoff team. They are getting slapped around by the Bruins and it's all on the leadership of the Leafs for not getting players like that.

Too lazy to go back and look, but I have been preaching this all year.

Was thinking about Roberts on the weekend. That is exactly what the Leafs need, and more than one of them. Tucker? In this day and age he would be the worst of Kadri and Marchand combined.

Will give the fans something to think about during the offseason as they worry about personnel turnover and contracts.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too lazy to go back and look, but I have been preaching this all year.

Was thinking about Roberts on the weekend. That is exactly what the Leafs need, and more than one of them. Tucker? In this day and age he would be the worst of Kadri and Marchand combined.

Will give the fans something to think about during the offseason as they worry about personnel turnover and contracts.
Oddly enough and it's weird to say this, they just can't seem to skate with Boston. In the past team playing Boston in the playoff's we prepared and big bruising players that played a very physical style. The Bs were built like this and tried to ware teams down, tried the victory through attrition approach. This is a very very different Boston team, this is the fastest Boston team I can remember. In order for the Leafs the make a stand they have to adjust their game plan to account for this.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked yesterday on stubhub. 2 tickets for Saturday in Boston, 3 rows behind the bench were going for $450 per.

Game 3 in Toronto, 9 rows behind the bench were $1200 per.

Both amounts USD.

And today you can get 2 tix for tonight's game in the 2nd row behind the benches for $800 per.

Ahhh, the tough life of a TOR scalper.

/what a difference 2 games makes... (sing along with me)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Music to my ears

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Komarov tonight for the Buds means Plekanec slots in to 2nd line centre...Leafs projected lines tonight:

Forwards

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Plekanec-Marner
van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Brown
Johnsson-Moore-Kapanen

Leivo, Kadri, Martin

Defeneceman

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Polak

Carrick

Goalies

Andersen
McEhinney

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Komarov tonight for the Buds means Plekanec slots in to 2nd line centre...Leafs projected lines tonight:

Forwards

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Plekanec-Marner
van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Brown
Johnsson-Moore-Kapanen

Leivo, Kadri, Martin

Defeneceman

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Polak

Carrick

Goalies

Andersen
McEhinney
Oh hey, the defence is unchanged. Good to see they're sticking with a winning formula.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd know better than me BBB, but as far as they defense corps is concerned, do they have any other options at this point?
Carrick and Borgman both deserve a chance considering how awful Zaitsev and Hainsey have been (especially the former).

Also, I heard somewhere the plan is for Plekanec's line to take starts against Bergeron's so expect another big night from Boston's top line. I have a feeling the Leafs are getting booed into their locker room at the end of the first.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd know better than me BBB, but as far as they defense corps is concerned, do they have any other options at this point?

John Carlson and Jack Johnson are UFA.

Oh, you mean now.