• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rosterbation version 1.0

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Financially it's do-able I guess, but I'm not sure who Philthy has at SS behind Rollins so I'm not sure they would want to get rid of him. But overall not a bad idea. Could work.

I don't know how willing they'd be, but J-Roll is regressing a bit and Phily wants some RH power in the OF. We could eat some salary and add in a prospect.

I would love this move though. Rollins brings the things we lacked last year and him and Torres at the top of the lineup could cause havok for the other pitchers.

Then in my dream world, we sign Crawford and we run like crazy.

J-Roll
Torres
Crawford
Posey
Huff
Ross
Sandoval
Sanchez

Rosterbation at it's best!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Delmon Young. He doesn't walk and has above average power, but he's also a terrible defender. I'd assume the Twins would want a lot in return for him and I don't see it.

Btw, just took a look at how UZR likes Matsui and it's not pretty, almost Adam Dunn bad. I'm going to backtrack on that and would rather sign Burrell for a little less.

I agree about Young. He is also coming off a career year. Not exactly the time to buy...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be so nice if the Giants could trade Rollins for Rowand and eat some of Rowands contract. Rolls speed and defense would be welcome additions to the lineup. Like others have said though, why would the Phillies do that unless they had a viable replacement.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be so nice if the Giants could trade Rollins for Rowand and eat some of Rowands contract. Rolls speed and defense would be welcome additions to the lineup. Like others have said though, why would the Phillies do that unless they had a viable replacement.

I've just heard some rumblings, some people are tired of Rollins and think it may be time to move on and go younger. Maybe a three team deal?

Very unlikely, but again just tossing ideas.

Cubs give up Starlin Castro, get Dominic Brown

Phillies give up Rollins/Brown, get Rowand and Castro and a prospect from the Giants

Giants give up Rowand and a good prospect for Rollins.

Cubs have another SS in the minors that they are very high on and they could get a solid young prospect in the OF, basically a guy whos in the same position as Castro.

Phillies get some youth at SS and the RH bat they are looking for and frees them up some money to either re-sign Werth or sign someone new (Ordonez/Hall/ etc.)

I am OK with criticism haha!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've just heard some rumblings, some people are tired of Rollins and think it may be time to move on and go younger. Maybe a three team deal?

Very unlikely, but again just tossing ideas.

Cubs give up Starlin Castro, get Dominic Brown

Phillies give up Rollins/Brown, get Rowand and Castro and a prospect from the Giants

Giants give up Rowand and a good prospect for Rollins.

Cubs have another SS in the minors that they are very high on and they could get a solid young prospect in the OF, basically a guy whos in the same position as Castro.

Phillies get some youth at SS and the RH bat they are looking for and frees them up some money to either re-sign Werth or sign someone new (Ordonez/Hall/ etc.)

I am OK with criticism haha!

do you have sources other than media?

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1.SS-Rollins
2.2B-Sanchez
3.RF-Crawford
4.C-Posey
5.1B-Huff
6.CF-Ross
7.LF-Belt
8.3B-Uribe...Not really convinced that Sandoval will return to 09 form or even report to ST in shape.Nothin against Torres just wanted to get Belt in the lineup:D.I think Sanchez is a perfect #2 hitter for sacrifices and situational hitting.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.SS-Rollins
2.2B-Sanchez
3.RF-Crawford
4.C-Posey
5.1B-Huff
6.CF-Ross
7.LF-Belt
8.3B-Uribe...Not really convinced that Sandoval will return to 09 form or even report to ST in shape.Nothin against Torres just wanted to get Belt in the lineup:D.I think Sanchez is a perfect #2 hitter for sacrifices and situational hitting.

I am excited about Belt as well. I have yet to read any scouting reports that aren't gushing about the kid.

However, I think we are setting ourselves up for disappointment by penciling him in at the start of the season. I believe he needs just a smidge more seasoning (if for nothing else than to give the kid some more confidence before he gets to SF) AND the Giants will try to avoid super-2 with him. All this points to to an All-Star call up for him.

When he does get here, assuming no shocking off-season moves, I suspect he will be at 1B with Huff moving to LF and still getting probably 2 starts a week at 1B.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.SS-Rollins
2.2B-Sanchez
3.RF-Crawford
4.C-Posey
5.1B-Huff
6.CF-Ross
7.LF-Belt

Also...

Welcome to the "cool board" :)

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also...

Welcome to the "cool board" :)

Thanks bud :cool: Plus I invite you guys to investigate the Giants board at SportsHoopla.Very nice Giants community with knowledgable fans like yourselves.It is where I went instead of espn

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks bud :cool: Plus I invite you guys to investigate the Giants board at SportsHoopla.Very nice Giants community with knowledgable fans like yourselves.It is where I went instead of espn

Welcome aboard TK. I'll have to check that place out, I've never heard of it.

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Players already under contract for next year non-arbritration:

Lincecum, 13 million.
Cain, 7 million.
Zito, 18.5 million.
Bumgarner, 450 K (estimated, team control)
Wilson, 6.5 million
Affeldt, 4.5 million
Romo, 450 K (estimated, team control)
Runzler, 450 K (estimated, team control)
Posey, 450 K(estimated, team control)
Whiteside, 450 K (estimated, team control
Ishikawa, 450 K (estimated, team control)
Freddy Sanchez, 6 million
Pablo Sandoval, 450 K (estimated, team control)
Derosa, 6 million
Rowand, 12 million
Schierholtz, 450 K (estimated, team control)

Re-signs:

Huff, 2 years 14 million.
Uribe, 2 Years 10 million
Burrell, decline to re-sign
Mota, decline to re-sign
Renteria, decline 2011 option

Arbritration:
Javier Lopez, offer 1.75 million
Santiago Casilla, offer 1 million
Chris Ray, Decline arbitration
Jonathan Sanchez, offer 6.5 million
Cody Ross, offer 6 million
Andres Torres, offer 3 million
Ramon Ramirez, offer 1 million
Mike Fontenot, offer 1 million

Free Agent signing's

Carl Crawford, OF, sign to 7 year 105 million deal.

Trades

Trade minor league players Thomas Neal OF , Sharlon Schoop INF, OF Aaron Rowand to Philadelphia for SS Jimmy Rollins,

25 man roster, 12 pitchers, 13 position players:

Rotation
Lincecum
Bumgarner
Cain
Sanchez
Runzler

Pen
Wilson
Romo
Affeldt
Casilla
Ramirez
Lopez
Zito -Relegated to long relief (mop up duty)until he agrees to a trade or contract buy out

Lineup
1.SS- Rollins
2.2B- Freddy Sanchez
3.LF- Carl Crawford
4.C- Buster Posey
5.1B-Aubry Huff
6.RF-Cody Ross
7.CF-Andres Torres
8.3B-Juan Uribe

Bench
Ishikawa-1B
Fontenot-2B,SS,3B
Sandoval-C,1B,3B
Schierholtz-RF,LF
Derosa-2B,3B,LF

Brandon Belt will start in AAA and likely take Ishikawa's spot on the roster around July 1st.Pablo reports to ST at 250 lbs and is made the BU Catcher.

Estimated 2011 opening day payroll, 130 million.(Yeah like they would ever raise payroll that much:D)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players already under contract for next year non-arbritration:

Lincecum, 13 million.
Cain, 7 million.
Zito, 18.5 million.
Bumgarner, 450 K (estimated, team control)
Wilson, 6.5 million
Affeldt, 4.5 million
Romo, 450 K (estimated, team control)
Runzler, 450 K (estimated, team control)
Posey, 450 K(estimated, team control)
Whiteside, 450 K (estimated, team control
Ishikawa, 450 K (estimated, team control)
Freddy Sanchez, 6 million
Pablo Sandoval, 450 K (estimated, team control)
Derosa, 6 million
Rowand, 12 million
Schierholtz, 450 K (estimated, team control)

Re-signs:

Huff, 2 years 14 million.
Uribe, 2 Years 10 million
Burrell, decline to re-sign
Mota, decline to re-sign
Renteria, decline 2011 option

Arbritration:
Javier Lopez, offer 1.75 million
Santiago Casilla, offer 1 million
Chris Ray, Decline arbitration
Jonathan Sanchez, offer 6.5 million
Cody Ross, offer 6 million
Andres Torres, offer 3 million
Ramon Ramirez, offer 1 million
Mike Fontenot, offer 1 million

Free Agent signing's

Carl Crawford, OF, sign to 7 year 105 million deal.

Trades

Trade minor league players Thomas Neal OF , Sharlon Schoop INF, OF Aaron Rowand to Philadelphia for SS Jimmy Rollins,

25 man roster, 12 pitchers, 13 position players:

Rotation
Lincecum
Bumgarner
Cain
Sanchez
Runzler

Pen
Wilson
Romo
Affeldt
Casilla
Ramirez
Lopez
Zito -Relegated to long relief (mop up duty)until he agrees to a trade or contract buy out

Lineup
1.SS- Rollins
2.2B- Freddy Sanchez
3.LF- Carl Crawford
4.C- Buster Posey
5.1B-Aubry Huff
6.RF-Cody Ross
7.CF-Andres Torres
8.3B-Juan Uribe

Bench
Ishikawa-1B
Fontenot-2B,SS,3B
Sandoval-C,1B,3B
Schierholtz-RF,LF
Derosa-2B,3B,LF

Brandon Belt will start in AAA and likely take Ishikawa's spot on the roster around July 1st.Pablo reports to ST at 250 lbs and is made the BU Catcher.

Estimated 2011 opening day payroll, 130 million.(Yeah like they would ever raise payroll that much:D)

Great write-up...

A few notes...

1) I don't see Torres making 3 mil. this year. He is a 32 YO journeyman who just had, by far, his best career year. He made 426K in '10. I can see the G's signing him to a 2/4 contract.

2) I like the idea of the Phi trade, but I am not sure that is all it would cost to dump Ro-Ro. Rollins is gone after '11 and is only scheduled to make 8.5M. Ro-Ro has 2/27 left on his contract. If we want to avoid sending a boat-load of cash, we may need to replace Schoop w/ Wheeler.

3) If the Giants sign no one (Huff & Uribe included) then their salary commitment is already at 100M. I just do not see them making a serious play for Crawford. But by leaving Crawford, it allows Huff to come back on a 2/12 or 3/16 contract and either Uribe with a 1/4 or Hardy on a 1/6 (less of a fan of this move the more I see of it). They can then hope on Neal and/or Belt promotions at the ASB to fill holes. Maybe throw in a Burrell 1/2 or 1/3 contract as well.

BigGiantsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone think the Giants may take a stab at Xavier Nady? I feel like he's the kind of player that Brian Sabean will take a chance on. He's had some productive years in the past but has battled some injury-plagued seasons lately. I think he's a Scott Boras client but maybe we can sign him to a deal similar to Aubrey Huffs. He's also from Salinas which might intrigue him. Let me know if I'm off on Nady but my most fond memories of him was when he was ripping it up on the Pirates.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great write-up...

A few notes...

1) I don't see Torres making 3 mil. this year. He is a 32 YO journeyman who just had, by far, his best career year. He made 426K in '10. I can see the G's signing him to a 2/4 contract.

I think Torres will get anything around 2-3 mil in arbitration.