• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2002 v 2010

2002 v 2010

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always wondered this, do you think that if the Giants had won the 2002 World Series, there would be a complete cloud over it because of how easy it is for everyone to point at Barry for steroids? Would it have been a tainted title?

As far as we know, 2010 was a clean feel-good story about a bunch of likable knuckle-heads who rode on cloud nine all the way to the first championship in San Fran history. That itself gets my vote.

***I'm not saying that I'm glad 2002 didn't win, I wish Barry could've gotten a ring in his career. But it made 2010 that much sweeter.

I don't really care about any steroid arguments. It's all a moot point for me. Every team has players playing that are all roided up. Tim Salmon, Darin Erstad, Troy Percival, etc. I would have LOVED a championship in 2002.....mainly because I was in school in Santa Barbara with a bunch of fake-ass-trade-my-blue-Dodger-hat-in-for-a-red-Angel-hat-fans. Never saw more than one Angel hat the entire year before and then all of a sudden Angel hats everywhere.

I doubt 2010 was clean either, but I bet you the percentage of clean players vs. non-clean players was a lot better.

I wish Barry got a ring just because that's the one thing missing on his resume. I know he could be a royal prick (but most of it was towards the media.....which I liked). Plus, I just know it would be the ultimate troll job if he won. SOOO many people would have been pissed off sooo badly if he had a ring. I wasn't a huge fan of Will Clark (off of the field.....on the field, I loved him), but I really wish Clark had won a ring with the Giants.....that 1993 team really deserved to go to the playoffs. Stupid Bravos.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care about any steroid arguments. It's all a moot point for me. Every team has players playing that are all roided up. Tim Salmon, Darin Erstad, Troy Percival, etc. I would have LOVED a championship in 2002.....mainly because I was in school in Santa Barbara with a bunch of fake-ass-trade-my-blue-Dodger-hat-in-for-a-red-Angel-hat-fans. Never saw more than one Angel hat the entire year before and then all of a sudden Angel hats everywhere.

I doubt 2010 was clean either, but I bet you the percentage of clean players vs. non-clean players was a lot better.

I wish Barry got a ring just because that's the one thing missing on his resume. I know he could be a royal prick (but most of it was towards the media.....which I liked). Plus, I just know it would be the ultimate troll job if he won. SOOO many people would have been pissed off sooo badly if he had a ring. I wasn't a huge fan of Will Clark (off of the field.....on the field, I loved him), but I really wish Clark had won a ring with the Giants.....that 1993 team really deserved to go to the playoffs. Stupid Bravos.

Agreed on all accounts. I doubt too many Giants FANS (not band-wagoners) would have cared much, if at all. A very high percentage of players were on something and we all know this now, Giants just happened to a scapegoat because we had the best-of-the-best. But if they won, I think they'd be part of a record book with and fat asterisk on it to the public, which would be very sad. Look at how people perceived the All-Star game this year (people wanted the NL to give up home field, take wins away from us), now imagine if that was for 2002.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2002 is the more impressive team on paper and their bullpen was no slouch. If we're comparing teams as they were before game 1 of there respective series, I think 2002 wins out.

Of the early 2000 teams, the 2000 Giants were my favorite and felt more like the team of destiny (Dustiny? Ugh)

In a 2002 vs 2010 matchup, not even the 2010 pitching could get Bonds out.

Give me 2002 to redeem themselves and win in 5.